things that really really annoy you. | Page 4 | Vital Football

things that really really annoy you.

Thanks for the "snow " explanation Villan of the North.
While I'm on a roll and in Victor Meldrew mode, my next pet hate is people going up to a bar/ shop counter etc. and saying "Can I get.....?"
Another American affectation for those seeking perpetual cooldom. What's wrong with good old English "Please may I have....."?

I agree manners, they cost nothing and get little used today, my grandad would have had a field day with his belt i tell ya with these rude boys.

ironside - 29/10/2013 14:05

Thanks for the "snow " explanation Villan of the North.
While I'm on a roll and in Victor Meldrew mode, my next pet hate is people going up to a bar/ shop counter etc. and saying "Can I get.....?"
Another American affectation for those seeking perpetual cooldom. What's wrong with good old English "Please may I have....."?

Oh FFS when is Fear going to add that "Like" button I've asked for?

Along with this I'll add, "where are you at?" and "it's my bad"

There is a verb to be, "where are you" is sufficient and it's your bad what? Or is the word "mistake" or even "fault" so difficult?

The Fear - 29/10/2013 10:22

SKEGGY - 29/10/2013 09:21

Help for heroes and the way they con the public.

interesting one mate, if you want to, explain. I must admit, the more I look at the big charities, the less I like. Massive wages and admin etc. I'm looking at small charities to donate to in future, where your money goes where intended, the cause.

I heard they spent millions redeveloping and old manor house to make it their official headquarters or something like that. I think alot of their money goes to the MOD rather than the ex soldiers.

People who get to the front of a queue and aren't ready to pay!! I tend to find it's mostly women who do this, though there are men who are just as rubbish. You've been stood in a queue for 5 mins ffs, how is it a surprise that you need to pay and now you can't find your purse?!? and then they take 5 mins to put the card in the purse, the purse in the handbag, swap arms with the handbag and and pick up their shopping!

Also when you are queing to pay for your shopping and your food is on the conveyor belt and the one in front of you bagging there items knows or is having a chin wag to the cashier on the checkout till, ffs they are there laffin joking and all the time i am stairing at there hands which are not even moving any items towards any bags whatsoever, i have to bite my tongue and just let out a massive SIGGGGGH

Being mistaken as a shop assistant and having to awkwardly say 'I dont work here'

That gets on my tits

People telling me it must be nice that my twins are "one of each" and when I stress they are both girls, being asked "are you sure?"

Automated services on the phone: I have had many a sarcastic conversation with them. 'Your call is important to us' - 'If it is that freaking important, answer the phone' again 30 seconds later 'your call is important to us' 'yes you keep telling me so'- and again 30 seconds later to which will follow 'yes it is important, as this is an 0845 no and you are charging me to stay on as long as possible..' as I get more niggled and more sarcastic the longer I am kept on.

The Real Neil - 29/10/2013 22:09

People telling me it must be nice that my twins are "one of each" and when I stress they are both girls, being asked "are you sure?"

I'd turned round and say 'Of-course I am sure, I chopped the boys bits off so it is now 2 girls'

Mind you, you would probably have the police and services swarming from everywhere, so probably best just think it.

It used to annoy me when mine were little that I would suddenly find some woman, usually elderly peering right into the buggy at my child/children, straightening out there hat, gloves, or cardie.

Even worse 1 day this woman, I turned round to find, as I was paying at the supermarket, her trying to take my toddler out of the buggy. I kid you not. She then proceeded to tell me I needed to see a doctor for my nerves, when I flipped her

People who push in queues. That really winds me up.

And people who sit right up your backside when your doing well over the national speed limit already... this is the time for your hazard lights!

The Real Neil - 29/10/2013 23:09

Twins? That implies you've had sex. I always assumed that you were asexual :17: .Welcome back Neil and congrats on becoming a dad.

BodyButter - 30/10/2013 03:14

Jesus, the Real Neil and Lee Barnett in the same thread. Are we having a Vital Villa 2009 reunion?
Nah, if we were you' be writing "Besus"