The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 81 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

If we have a successful transfer window and taking out any sentiment would anyone be upset with this line up next season?
Martinez

Cash Tarkowski Bassey Digne
Kamara Phillips/ Bissouma
Buendia Coutinho Ramsey
Watkins/Suarez

If we have a successful transfer window and taking out any sentiment would anyone be upset with this line up next season?
Martinez

Buendia Coutinho Ramsey
Watkins/Suarez

Yes.
What makes anyone think that the just relegated Tarkowski or untested Bassey are better than what we have and the significant upgrades we all agree we need . Phillips isn't going to us , no chance and Bissouma is not an upgrade.

Last edited:
2 DM's.

Bit Gareth Southgate that.

I wouldn't count either as out and out DM's in the Nakamba mould. Both are capable of picking a long range pass and would have the licence to roam a bit further up the field. Plus if those tactics get us to a final like it did with Southgate then I'll be very happy.

Yes.
What makes anyone think that the just relegated Tarkowski or untested Bassey are better than what we have and the significant upgrades we all agree we need . Phillips isn't going to us , no chance and Bissouma is not an upgrade.

Agreed. Although Mings is susceptible to a mistake, we look far weaker without him in the team. I wouldn't say Tarkowski or Bassey are a massive upgrade on him but are a very good replacement for Hause as a squad player. If we are to make wholesale changes to the heart of our defence they need to be massive upgrades.

Yes.
Just putting it out there MD and was taking into account the pelters the likes of Konsa, Mings, McGinn and Luiz etc have gotten at various times throughout the season. Just thought I'd put it out there to gauge reaction

Just putting it out there MD and was taking into account the pelters the likes of Konsa, Mings, McGinn and Luiz etc have gotten at various times throughout the season. Just thought I'd put it out there to gauge reaction
I disagree that Bissouma wouldn’t be an upgrade.
If we are going with 2 defensively minded midfielders, for me anyway, he would be a better option than either Nakamba or Luiz for partnering Kamara.

Martinez

Buendia Coutinho Ramsey
Watkins/Suarez
The centre of defence definitely looks weak. If we’re going to replace the ones we have we need to be aiming for higher quality than that