The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Been keeping an eye on the two Emi's while on Argentina duty.

With Argentina already qualified Scaloni has had the opportunity to give some fringe players a run out and the stand out performer for them over the 2 games has been Lisandro Martinez at centre back.

Got me thinking.... He could be the perfect upgrade on Mings (who I like by the way but we should always be looking to improve)

He's 24, a left sided centre back and has been a regular in the Ajax team for the past few years playing lots of Champions League football.

He's seen as the natural successor to Otamendi for Argentina.

Maybe the Emi's could have a word? Surely signing players from Ajax is about our level now?

Would be an exciting signing.

Well its the 4th of Feb might aswel open up the summer thread eh? :rolleyes:.. I agree we should always look to improve what we have, be interesting to see whether we do look to improve at DM also. All the talk was us focussing on that position in January but we didn't so I wonder whether we will continue our interest in the summer

I agree on the need for a world class striker but we do have two problems.

There aren't many out there.

There are even less out there that would consider coming to us.

I think most teams outside of the top 4 would be envious of our striker options, but if we could get an absolute super star then it would take us to the next level, no doubt.

For me there are 4 areas that need addressing in the summer.

In priority order....

1. Sign Coutinho permanently
2. A world class DM
3. A world class CB
4. A world class striker.

£250 million? Plus we probably need LB cover if Ash doesn't extend his deal.

World class isn’t going to happen but I generally see our current options as incompetent so we need to improve.

World class isn’t going to happen but I generally see our current options as incompetent so we need to improve.

Well we've just signed two world class players (all be it one on loan) so it's not impossible.

Martinez at CB for me is definitely an option.

Bissouma... Probably a stretch to say he's world class but definitely an improvement.

Up front is the hardest place to improve. Everyone wants a top striker.

Yes forward is hard but we need to do something. 9 league goals between Watkins and Ings in over 30 combined appearances is piss poor. Neither can effectively lead the line either.

I personally believe SG doesn't really like what he sees and a striker who can do more of what he wants will come in.

Is Roy of the Rovers still playing - he'd be a top signing and can't be that expensive these days

Bit early for this thread I think. Let's watch what happens for the rest of the season to see what we need, perhaps Ollie or Danny will score for fun with the Emi and Phil supply chain.

He looked brilliant at the Euros and cant see his price being too high compared to what we'd have to pay for a striker in this country.
He’s hit 18 goals in 17 league games for Leverkusen this season so there will be a lot of interest.

He has scored well at all clubs apart from Roma where he had a bad time but he’s 6 ft 3, can hold it up, bring others into the game, has a great touch and and score different types of goals. He’d be perfect for us.