The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 82 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Various outlets I've just read are saying we've begun discussions with Bissouma. Obviously taken with a pinch of salt but if there's any truth in them we sure ain't pissing about.

I think the Bissouma deal has legs as I'm fairly sure Gerrard has been quoted saying he's of interest.

I think he sees him more of a no.8 though so would fill one of those two positions alongside Mcginn or Ramsey, with Kamara behind.

Here it is -

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ston-villa-transfer-gerrard-bissouma-23028924

It was well documented that we put in a bid for Bissouma at Brighton which was turned away, and we respected and appreciated. If a move is not right then we will not become desperate and make a decisions that we do not think is right. If it’s not right at the time we might have to be patient in a few situations

Interesting he mentions patience suggesting we might go back with another bid.

I'd be chuffed with midfield of Kamara, Bissouma, Mcginn/Ramsey. I'd keep Nakamba and Tim for further cover and cash in on Luiz and Sanson.

Here it is -

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ston-villa-transfer-gerrard-bissouma-23028924

Interesting he mentions patience suggesting we might go back with another bid.

I'd be chuffed with midfield of Kamara, Bissouma, Mcginn/Ramsey. I'd keep Nakamba and Tim for further cover and cash in on Luiz and Sanson.

I'd keep one of Sanson/Luiz as both going leaves us with 3 players for the 2 more advanced midfield places. To have Bissouma/Ramsey with Mcginn and one of Luiz/Sanson as back up would us some good depth in those positions.

I'd keep one of Sanson/Luiz as both going leaves us with 3 players for the 2 more advanced midfield places. To have Bissouma/Ramsey with Mcginn and one of Luiz/Sanson as back up would us some good depth in those positions.

The problem is Sanson is complete garbage and Luiz is out of contract in 12 months. It'd be a shock if both weren't sold. We need to recoup money somewhere we can't just keep signing players without bringing any money in.

I mean on paper a midfield of Kamara, Bissouma and Mcginn/Ramsey would surely put us right up there...Seems the Bissouma rumours are heating up. Could be one of those deals that takes to the end of the window to finalise though. I dont expect to see him playing for Brighton next season so it depends where he ends up

No way will Sanson be at villa next season - will be loaned out with an agreed fee at the end or a cut price sale - Gerrard would have given him more game time. Luiz will also be sold - Kamara and Bissouma look exciting replacements should the later join. Looks like both will be balancing transactions fee wise - £30m in and out with Kamara a free

Let's hope of course that no-one comes prowling seriously for our better players. I'm sure the club would tell them to buzz off but it could make the relevant players discontented.

To me it's an easy one, he's free and we need a CB to replace Konsa short term and either of them long term. They wanted 40m for him last season now he's free and about 15m in wages over 3 years which we'd have to pay whoever we get

Tarkowski is a better defender than anyone he have. He would get the best out of Mings and he's earnt the right to play for a top 8 club. I've always been impressed with him when I've seen him play and will bring a no nonsense grit to our backline. At 29 he is in his prime. Reminds me a little of Teale. Would be a cracking deal on a free.

So who is the upgrade CB we are getting then if Tarkowski signs.? . Looks unlikely and Hause will be gone then . And SG will go with Chambers, Mings, Konsa and Tarkowski.

So many gonna be disappointed with that.

I still think we'll get 2. Tarkowski may be one, for the other we've been linked to some decent players on the continent. Pau Torres, Sven Botman etc.

Given the way Gerrard and Co have done business since arriving I'm confident they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat.

The bottom line is we need 6 midfielders fighting for 3 places not including the 18-year-old kids and 4 CB fighting for 2 places our current 2 need to up their games or lose their places to new players .
With 5 subs next season and I have no idea how many are on the bench a fair few of this season's bottlers need to become backup players

I mean on paper a midfield of Kamara, Bissouma and Mcginn/Ramsey would surely put us right up there...Seems the Bissouma rumours are heating up. Could be one of those deals that takes to the end of the window to finalise though. I dont expect to see him playing for Brighton next season so it depends where he ends up

I would love Biss at the Villa and a double pivot of him next to Kamara would be exceptional, but if we are serious we would need to move quickly, a lot of Clubs have been watching him now for some time and the longer he remains a Seagull the longer the chances of a bidding war

Never seen what everyone else has in Bissouma. Does the odd nice slide tackle but usually because the play got beyond him. Horses for courses I guess.

Tarkowski - does anyone know if he can play out? Our formation relies on CBs needing to be able to play forward and break the lines when teams match us up in midfield and I have no idea whether Tarkowski is up to that or is an old school "Row Z" CB.

Never seen what everyone else has in Bissouma. Does the odd nice slide tackle but usually because the play got beyond him. Horses for courses I guess.

Tarkowski - does anyone know if he can play out? Our formation relies on CBs needing to be able to play forward and break the lines when teams match us up in midfield and I have no idea whether Tarkowski is up to that or is an old school "Row Z" CB.

For what it's worth I've only seen Bissouma play once at villa park as I know of and never noticed him, not sure what all the fuss is about either.