The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 84 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

The Athletic are reporting that we're interested in Sevilla CB Diego Carlos, although I'm pretty sure that's the guy from the Fast Show who signs for Newcastle and gradually starts speaking Spanish-Geordie.

Was it big Ron who came in and changed both CB's that we all thought were ok, my memory is fading a bit.?

Ah brought in Teale and Ugo and a raft of his own players
Yeah, he used the money from the Platt sale to re-build. Although he most definitely didn’t replace Lord McGrath at CB.

He's on a free which is usually accompanied with higher wages and probably in demand so if we do sign him then £120k probably won't be too far off.

Yes I fully agree with that and he'll also get a few £million signing on bonus. It's more the fact that these slimy fools pretend to know everything, when in reality they know FA. Over the next few weeks they will run stories that several other clubs have also offered Tarkowski similar amounts, then when he inevitably signs for one of them will claim to have been first with the news. Its a common trend with them

Sorry, I just assume sometimes we're all seeing the same stories and tweets so I forgot to link it. Anyway, we all know how this works by now, 99% should be taken with a pinch of salt, the other 1% is Fabrizio Romano.

Wasn't it either Monday or yesterday that it was reported Everton had done the same. Is it just a case of 'cut' Everton, 'paste' Aston Villa - post it I wonder?

If we get Tarkowski then it will be good business. I've only seen him a handful of times but he always look solid defensively and in particular is very good in the air, which is a massive weakness of ours. He never stood out as being bad on the ball either.

The reality is that he is in all likelihood an improvement on what we have.

If we get Tarkowski then it will be good business. I've only seen him a handful of times but he always look solid defensively and in particular is very good in the air, which is a massive weakness of ours. He never stood out as being bad on the ball either.

The reality is that he is in all likelihood an improvement on what we have.

Lets be Honest Burnley don't play fanny ball do they so who knows if he can play out but we can't play out anyway we just fuck about at the back then launch it

The Athletic are reporting that we're interested in Sevilla CB Diego Carlos, although I'm pretty sure that's the guy from the Fast Show who signs for Newcastle and gradually starts speaking Spanish-Geordie.

Now this is someone who I would see as being a step up from what we currently have. An absolute unit at the back who looks decent on the ball - already got a few Brazilian lads in the squad as well to keep him company.