The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Thought I'd do the usual 'bookies view' of our potential targets.

James Ward-Prowse 10/1
Eden Hazard 12/1
Kalvin Phillips 12/1
Jesse Lingard 12/1
Ivan Toney 20/1
Marcus Rashford 25/1
Gabriel Jesus 33/1

None of those look anywhere near likely to me, but you have to remember Danny Ings was 20/1 and completely off the radar before we got him, so who knows.

I think outgoings will be as important as incomings this summer. Not as sexy, but it's a big task.

We unquestionably need to shift:
Guilbert
El Ghazi
Kalinic
Steer (perhaps the exception, but I think his time is up)
Wesley

While a couple have been good servants, getting someone to take them and their wages is tough, let alone a fee.

Then we have players on the fringes who rarely played this season that we need to make a decision on:
Davis
Sanson
Targett
Traore

Maybe you could include Bailey in this category, but that's quite harsh given his injuries, and I expect he will be given more time given his age and recent purchase.

The only person we get "value" for here is Davis if we sell as we paid basically nothing and his relatively recent good form will attract suiters. Read somewhere that Gerrard want to keep him, so not sure what's happening here...

Targett, we get similar to what we paid for him so, meh. If we sell Sanson and Traore now this represent very bad business (£30-35mil for the pair).

Then we have first teamers who didn't perform to a high enough standard, leaving us in 14th...
Ings
Watkins
McGinn
Mings
Konsa
Doug
Marv

It would be a very bad idea sell all of them because that gives too much to do, but the money we could get for some of these is not to be scoffed at. I wouldn't be suprised to see 2/3 of these moved on.