The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 72 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

We shouldn’t be showing too much loyalty to players who have for the most part cemented us as a bottom half team.

well there's no such thing really in 99% of cases in football .
We're happy to get rid when we want a player (or managers) gone and are happy enough to take their replacement from another club.
Makes the criticism of Targett even more baffling really for actually wanting to play rather than watching his replacement fanny around.

We could do with getting top dollar for those we're selling rather than giving away for nowt or cheap and obviously not overpaying for their replacements but we live in hope I guess

Lol. Going to cost us big big money to make sure we get better than what we have. Then you have the problem of the category of player people want , being in the Champions League bracket.

Yup. Which is why I have disagreed with this 'own players' expression . I think alot will be disappointed with our summer business as they seem to be thinking we will replace most of the squad. It won't happen like that. SG has to work with what he has. Any manager does.

don't be silly - Jonjo Shelvey be the obvious one.
Mings join the blood soaked barcodes surely not - anyway 35mill bit cheap.

Dele Alli only £20 mills - what a signing that could be

Personal opinion but, Dele Alli not even as a gift thank you.
He hit his heights 3/4 seasons ago and has gone backwards ever since.
Looking for a CB, could do worse than check out Arsenal's French international William Saliba on loan at Marseille.
Looking for an experienced DM, how about Hoffenhiem' Austrian international Florian Grillitsch, who can also play CB and CM. Grillitisch is out of contract this summer but, is recovering from a muscle injury at the moment.

We certainly don't need an overhaul.

The difference between cutting out a few of the mistakes at the back and putting away a few more of the chances up front is huge. It's fine margins outside the top sides.

A solid CB and a more prolific striker and we'd easily be in the top half.

To be fair though you don't actually like anything to do with the club these days. Or at least that's what it seems like anyway.
i deal with the facts and am pretty accurate . If you want to dress it up differently go for it. You won't change my views.

We shouldn’t be showing too much loyalty to players who have for the most part cemented us as a bottom half team.
they've kept us up though. We could easily sell Mings and McGinn, replace them with poor signings like Bailey and Sanson and effectively downgrade the team .

My thoughts exactly some have been here since the Championship/1st season back and we and they have now hit the wall or become furniture.
If big money offers come in for players from the likes of Newcastle from Howe for his old boy Mings start the car because he's not going to suddenly turn into VVD.We probably don't need the money but it saves spending ours when we can spend theirs.