The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 70 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

surely 5' plus 12" is 6'.

yes it is but he didnt say + 12", he said + (12" x 0.84) which = 10.08"
the brackets includes a calculation that is done before the addition.

anyway someone will be along in a min saying we need to open a maths thread, haha.

Twatter says Phillips release clause drops to 25mil if theyre relegated. at that price he is a no brainer for me. Kamara is also looking like he would be an upgrade on what we have though so either would be great

Rice is almost certainly off I think. They offered him an 8 year deal worth ~£80m which he has turned down. Maybe they'll go back with a shorter deal worth shit loads but he has gone as far as he can with West Ham.

They'll keep him for one more season I think. Its widely reported they have an option to extend his contract until 2025 which gives them leverage in the transfer fee. West Ham think they're getting 150M for him which isnt happening and I don't feel like their owners have the forethought to buy Phillips now to replace him.

They'll keep him for one more season I think. Its widely reported they have an option to extend his contract until 2025 which gives them leverage in the transfer fee. West Ham think they're getting 150M for him which isnt happening and I don't feel like their owners have the forethought to buy Phillips now to replace him.

I thought he was nailed on to go to Chelsea but the change of owner has probably done for that.

Talk all over the papers of Philips for £60m.
Not only is that a vastly exaggerated price but, he is only 5'7/8", about the same size as Marvelous.
The sensible way to go is all out for Boubacar Kamara from Marseille.
Not only is he about 6' tall, he's free and he isn't asking an unmanageable salary.

Where on earth do you get this stuff? Phillips is easily 6ft.

Philips is registered at 1.78 metres, which converts to 5'8" and a smidge.

No it doesn't, it equates to 5ft 10" and a bit.

You only have to use your eyes to see he's more of a strapping 6ft'er than the midget you've described him as.

Last edited:
Twatter says Phillips release clause drops to 25mil if theyre relegated. at that price he is a no brainer for me. Kamara is also looking like he would be an upgrade on what we have though so either would be great

I am certain one of those two will be at VP - they have some similarities.

An ideal transfer window for me would be ( from players we've been linked with)
Hickey
Kamara
Phillips
De Vrij
Bassey ( Shirley not 😁)
Schick - tho we've not really been linked with him to my knowledge anyway
I know it's a lot to bring in but it would certainly raise the quality of the 1st team and maybe cause a few underperforming players to raise their game.
And yes, I'm being greedy

An ideal transfer window for me would be ( from players we've been linked with)
Hickey
Kamara
Phillips
De Vrij
Bassey ( Shirley not 😁)
Schick - tho we've not really been linked with him to my knowledge anyway
I know it's a lot to bring in but it would certainly raise the quality of the 1st team and maybe cause a few underperforming players to raise their game.
And yes, I'm being greedy
someone's been watching too much YouTube

Seen a few stories the last couple of days linking us to yet another CB from the Bundesliga, this time its Maxence Lacroix from Wolfsburg. Not someone I can ever remember watching myself and looking at some stats he's been sent off 3 times this season!