The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 299 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archer may have realized this is it for him and finally put his head down. He hasn't set the world alight, he has two good CFs in front of him with some highly-rated young strikers waiting for their chances too.

Realistically he may be in a now or never situation.
Definitely getting to that age isn't he.... He's got a couple of quality players ahead of him and two more just a year or two younger....
The list of youth players that don't make the grade and end up on the scrap heap is far far longer than those who make a decent career in football.....

Definitely getting to that age isn't he.... He's got a couple of quality players ahead of him and two more just a year or two younger....
The list of youth players that don't make the grade and end up on the scrap heap is far far longer than those who make a decent career in football.....
He's the forgotten Louie Barry isn't he

Archer may have realized this is it for him and finally put his head down. He hasn't set the world alight, he has two good CFs in front of him with some highly-rated young strikers waiting for their chances too.

Realistically he may be in a now or never situation.
I don't know if it's quite that drastic to be honest. He's what? 19? Whereas Davis is 24 this season with a contract ending in 2024 despite not being able to hit a cows arse with a banjo.

I haven't seen much of Archer but the way he took his goals was that of a natural finisher. Looks a good prospect to me with time to develop further.

Delfounesu missed the deciding penalty for Bolton against Wigan on Tuesday. Still bloody useless.

I seem to remember people (me included I have to hold my hands up) comparing him to a young Didier Drogba. :slap:

Fact is that for all the jokes, most kids will fail to make it. The Premier League is the best league in the world and only the very best players get to make a career playing in it... and Ashley Westwood.

But I think Archer has now at least earnt the chance to see if he can sink or swim now. He's proven he can play against real men. Those Barrow defenders were thugs, and he had them on strings. He didn't look out of place, and we have no better options on the bench so might as well get him on there.

Only incoming rumour this morning seems to be McKennie - anywhere from £25m to £40m dependent on which report you read. Think I'd still like to see one more signing, preferably in midfield.

Has William Carvalho suddenly become crap as its being reported Norwich are looking to sign him? Does have a dodgy tache tho 🤔

Delfounesu missed the deciding penalty for Bolton against Wigan on Tuesday. Still bloody useless.

I seem to remember people (me included I have to hold my hands up) comparing him to a young Didier Drogba. :slap:

Fact is that for all the jokes, most kids will fail to make it. The Premier League is the best league in the world and only the very best players get to make a career playing in it... and Ashley Westwood.

But I think Archer has now at least earnt the chance to see if he can sink or swim now. He's proven he can play against real men. Those Barrow defenders were thugs, and he had them on strings. He didn't look out of place, and we have no better options on the bench so might as well get him on there.
I think he had genuine talent. Scored a lovely half volley from the edge of the box in the Europa League. Nice movement for a goal away to Portsmouth.

But clearly lacked the desire and motivation to made good on his potential. Just like the Moore brothers.

thugs is a very good description, i noticed their dirty tactics on and off the ball all night , scumbags. Even one of them the thug left centre half i think throws something at AEG after the penalty, pathetic sour faced wankers. They mentioned they dont even train in Barrow they are basically another Manc based club who commute as its easier to attract players that way. Wankers

Has William Carvalho suddenly become crap as its being reported Norwich are looking to sign him? Does have a dodgy tache tho 🤔

There must be something up with him as he was linked with all if the super league clubs whilst at Sporting Lisbon but ended up at Real Betis, a great club but nowhere near the standard he was expected to join.

thugs is a very good description, i noticed their dirty tactics on and off the ball all night , scumbags. Even one of them the thug left centre half i think throws something at AEG after the penalty, pathetic sour faced wankers. They mentioned they dont even train in Barrow they are basically another Manc based club who commute as its easier to attract players that way. Wankers

The big bald tosser with the ginger beard kept trying to cause a fight every time the whistle blew. You'd never guess they are managed by an ex bluenose.

I think he had genuine talent. Scored a lovely half volley from the edge of the box in the Europa League. Nice movement for a goal away to Portsmouth.

But clearly lacked the desire and motivation to made good on his potential. Just like the Moore brothers.

I had to look him up on Wikipedia after he was mentioned earlier to see where he's been. 4 spells at Blackpool alone, slowly trudging down the league pyramid, hasn't ever hit double figures for goals, over 400 appearances but only 60 odd goals. With 9 in 52 appearances for Villa, far better than the 6 in 85 from a certain Keinan Davis though. I feel that Keinan will share a similar fate once his contracts up.

I had to look him up on Wikipedia after he was mentioned earlier to see where he's been. 4 spells at Blackpool alone, slowly trudging down the league pyramid, hasn't ever hit double figures for goals, over 400 appearances but only 60 odd goals. With 9 in 52 appearances for Villa, far better than the 6 in 85 from a certain Keinan Davis though. I feel that Keinan will share a similar fate once his contracts up.
KD has been exceptionally lucky to have been here this long and to have a contract up until 2024, I don't quite know how he has pulled that off it has to be said.

Strikers who don't score goals are about as useful as a chocolate tea cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.