The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 300 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look him up on Wikipedia after he was mentioned earlier to see where he's been. 4 spells at Blackpool alone, slowly trudging down the league pyramid, hasn't ever hit double figures for goals, over 400 appearances but only 60 odd goals. With 9 in 52 appearances for Villa, far better than the 6 in 85 from a certain Keinan Davis though. I feel that Keinan will share a similar fate once his contracts up.
Yeah weird how some players just never get better regardless of game time. He had a lot of promise but looking at his record it’s surprising he’s had a professional career at all.

Davis I think has been particularly unlucky with injuries so maybe unfair to tar him with the same brush but time is running out for him to prove his worth. If he can’t stay fit for 3 months at a time he’s no use to anyone regardless of what level they play at. I could see a championship side taking a gamble on him initially

Yeah weird how some players just never get better regardless of game time. He had a lot of promise but looking at his record it’s surprising he’s had a professional career at all.

Davis I think has been particularly unlucky with injuries so maybe unfair to tar him with the same brush but time is running out for him to prove his worth. If he can’t stay fit for 3 months at a time he’s no use to anyone regardless of what level they play at. I could see a championship side taking a gamble on him initially

Was an attitude problem with the Fonz from memory. Thought he was far better than he really was - something that affects a few of them. I dont think it helps when everyone starts blowing smoke up their backsides after they've done well in the youth team / U23's. Its a completely different game in the first team and not playing against other kids

I think Davis has potential, just not as a centre forward.
I can see him as a useful DM but, more as a centre back.
I think he was originally stuck up front because he's a bloody big unit.

Thought Fonz was OK. Unfortunate for him emerged at the wrong time, with the club undergoing upheaval. Too much expected from him when the coaching side of things was pretty dire. Didn't develop in the way he could have.

KD has been exceptionally lucky to have been here this long and to have a contract up until 2024, I don't quite know how he has pulled that off it has to be said.

Strikers who don't score goals are about as useful as a chocolate tea cup.
Probably has some intimate photos of one of the bosses pulling something off? 🤔

To be fair to Keinan although he is down for 15 appearances for Villa last season, he was actually on the pitch for the grand total of 264 minutes. So that’s equivalent to around 3 full games. Ok he only scored 1 goal, but a goal every 3 games isn’t actually a bad strike rate. The majority of those appearances were 10 - 15 minute cameos, and he did at least make a nuisance of himself whilst on the pitch. I’m not saying I’m a massive fan but, as other people have mentioned, he has had rotten luck with injuries, which have been his nemesis.
He does have other good attributes, such as his ability to hold the ball up, bringing others in to play. I wouldn’t give up on the guy just yet, he’s still only 23. If he could get a good loan when he’s fit again, it might just be the making of him.

Archer's done pretty well in the youth squads from when he joined. He's gone under the radar a bit because he's slightly older than the current "young talent" and unlike them has been out on loan. He was also too old for the NextGen squad. First noticed him some years ago and saw the potential there. This isn't a sudden flash in the pan. Like all such players it's question of how he makes the step up to real football; before last night's match I said I was keen to see how he'd do. He did fine. Now needs to push on.

We're now in the happy position that even if both Ollie and Danny are injured we have players like Archer and Bidace who can provide something up front. We don't need Wesley or Davis.
I saw him two years ago in an U23 Papa Johns Pizza cup game playing Tranmere seniors. He scored a fabulous volley as we lost 3 -1. Thought then that he looked the deal if he could add a bit of weight. He has. Tuesday night's was an impressive performance.

@DeanoVilla is going to have a field day with this LOL
Resigned to the fact Keinan's never going to make it at Aston Villa so he has to play for me, get him out on loan asap (after recovering of course). If he just hangs around VP, he'll just fade into oblivion.

Like (some) others, think there is something there, but definitely come to the understanding that he is not what we need. If he can do something on loan, sell him and he becomes another Callum Robinson. I like the lad and he definitely tries hard so he could forge a career somewhere.

To be fair to Keinan although he is down for 15 appearances for Villa last season, he was actually on the pitch for the grand total of 264 minutes. So that’s equivalent to around 3 full games. Ok he only scored 1 goal, but a goal every 3 games isn’t actually a bad strike rate. The majority of those appearances were 10 - 15 minute cameos, and he did at least make a nuisance of himself whilst on the pitch. I’m not saying I’m a massive fan but, as other people have mentioned, he has had rotten luck with injuries, which have been his nemesis.
He does have other good attributes, such as his ability to hold the ball up, bringing others in to play. I wouldn’t give up on the guy just yet, he’s still only 23. If he could get a good loan when he’s fit again, it might just be the making of him.

Like I've said many times he hasn't played a full PL game yet, and he was injured for the best part of 3 years.
Funny we have to feel sorry for the sicknote that is Wesley but the vast majority on here think it's ok to ridicule someone who has a body the keeps breaking down,
Davis is as unlucky as Wesley and we didn't spend 22m on him either.

Yeah agree i find the constant ridiculing of Davis weird and pathetic.
I'm like you, I think there's something there. He's got attributes that none of our other strikers have just terrible luck with injuries. The latest apparently costing him a loan move to Stoke, where he could of thrived

Yeah agree i find the constant ridiculing of Davis weird and pathetic.
I think it's more tongue in cheek.

The guy has a really bad record in front of goal and is constantly injured. Then there are people on here adamant that he needs a run of games at the club (for some strange reason) and some others who think he could either be the next Michael Essien or next Sol Campbell if only he was in his 'right' position.

It's not like anyone is going on his social media and calling him shit.

I'm like you, I think there's something there. He's got attributes that none of our other strikers have just terrible luck with injuries. The latest apparently costing him a loan move to Stoke, where he could of thrived
See Stoke as a natural fit for him - no idea how Stoke play now btw, but it just seems a perfect fit - huff, puff and huff some more 1-0 to Stoke.

The guy has a really bad record in front of goal and is constantly injured. Then there are people on here adamant that he needs a run of games at the club (for some strange reason) and some others who think he could either be the next Michael Essien or next Sol Campbell if only he was in his 'right' position.

He might not score but he causes trouble for defences with his unique attributes. His injury record is a concern. he does need a run of games (or did) but its not been possible due to injury and now he's competing with Ings, Watkins, Archer

This is exactly right. The ridiculing isn't really aimed directly at Davis, it's aimed at the people who for some reason think he's a premier league footballer despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

It's aimed at people who slate Jack, slate Hourihane, slate El Ghazi slate Gabby all of whom have been brilliant at times for the club, and then in the same breath talk about Keinan like he's Mr Aston Villa.

I just find it very bizzare and love to wind these people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.