The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 297 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weston McKennie from Juventus is a huge no-no for me.
Ask yourselves the question why would Juve be willing to sell a player they only signed on 1st of july 2021.
There must be something drastically wrong with him, probably attitude problem.

Ask yourselves the question why would Juve be willing to sell a player they only signed on 1st of july 2021.

New manager, financial problems and just signed Locatelli on a 2 year loan who would probably take his spot in the team.
McKennie has looked alright in the few games I've seen him play. Absolutely no idea what his attitude is like

I couldn't spot him in a line out, to be honest. Obviously, a standout name when watching Denmark as you think what's a bloke called Delaney doing playing for Denmark. Can't say I've watched Denmark very often and I've watched a bit of Dortmund v Bayern the other day and not sure if he was playing or not. As the focus was on Bayern and the Star player of Dortmund, Haaland.
On a positive note at least I've heard of him

As Ireland have played Denmark about 56 times over the last 6 years, I've seen a lot of him, and as you the say the name stands out so he got closer inspection. From what I remember he definitely likes to get stuck in.

Hope there's truth in it, I'd be happy with that as a last signing of this window.

He spent a year on loan there and they probably had to buy him as per the contract. He's a good player IMO. Perhaps they don't see him as quite the right fit which makes more sense since Allegri has just returned as manager.

Juventus are much bigger and successful than us, a player not good enough for Juventus doesn't mean the player isn't good enough for us.

I reckon we're done for incomings now.. Cant see how it would be viable to have another midfielder come in with all we've got. Bearing in mind we still have Sanson to come in also he'll probably give it until Jan to see where we are etc

New manager, financial problems and just signed Locatelli on a 2 year loan who would probably take his spot in the team.
McKennie has looked alright in the few games I've seen him play. Absolutely no idea what his attitude is like

McKennie is a central midfielder while Lochatelli has been signed as a designated defensive midfielder.
Also Juve have half a dozen central midfielders on their books, so why sell one they only bought a month and a half ago.

He spent a year on loan there and they probably had to buy him as per the contract. He's a good player IMO. Perhaps they don't see him as quite the right fit which makes more sense since Allegri has just returned as manager.

Juventus are much bigger and successful than us, a player not good enough for Juventus doesn't mean the player isn't good enough for us.

I can't, for the life of me, believe that a club the size of Juve would sign a contract saying that they had to buy a player at the end of a loan, without having a get out clause. If they did, it is very bad business.

I can't, for the life of me, believe that a club the size of Juve would sign a contract saying that they had to buy a player at the end of a loan, without having a get out clause. If they did, it is very bad business.
It's also entirely possible they went ahead with the deal prior to Allegri onboarding and the manager has subsequently decided he doesn't want him.

Juve haven't exactly always demonstrated stellar business dealings and they are historically as bent as a nine bob note. It's possible that they had an agreement that is lower than what they deem to be his market value and intended to simply flip the player.

This latter thing actually happens a lot in Italy. Used to happen even more with the dodgy co-ownership system they used to have in place.

I assume it’s just treated as any other permanent transfer just that the payment / ffp calculation gets pushed out by a year

McKennie is a central midfielder while Lochatelli has been signed as a designated defensive midfielder.
Also Juve have half a dozen central midfielders on their books, so why sell one they only bought a month and a half ago.

I'm pretty sure Juve signed McKennie on loan for 12 months with an agreement to purchase outright this Summer. They've just done a similar deal with Locatelli but for a 2 year loan. Loads of clubs in Europe seem to be doing this the last year or two.
McKennie is pretty versatile and can play in a defensive role or box to box. It could all be a load of bollox but I'd certainly see him as a step up from the other mids we've been linked with recently

Gone to Southampton anyway. Clearly has ambitions of playing championship football this time next year.

Looks like he has ambitions of starting asap and Southampton will give him the opportunity. Now thats a club that is a pure selling club. Seems to me staying in the league would be more than enough for them. Good move for him tbf.

But Serie A titles are like lira - practically worthless 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.