The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 262 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also reported the same last summer though....Throw enough and eventually something will stick.

They actually didn’t mate, they reported last summer saying Hutton urges Villa to re sign Tuanzebe, they didn’t say Villa were signing him, first to report about Buendia and ESR bids.

Not saying they’re reliable, there’s not one reliable source out there, but they are the first to mention some stuff which some easily dismiss straight away, I don’t normally bring this stuff back up, but if people are so quick to jump down their throats when mentioning a rumour it’s fair game to bring it back up too 👍

They actually didn’t mate, they reported last summer saying Hutton urges Villa to re sign Tuanzebe, they didn’t say Villa were signing him, first to report about Buendia and ESR bids.

Not saying they’re reliable, there’s not one reliable source out there, but they are the first to mention some stuff which some easily dismiss straight away, I don’t normally bring this stuff back up, but if people are so quick to jump down their throats when mentioning a rumour it’s fair game to bring it back up too 👍

Lol I do this for a living mate, they've linked us repeatedly with anyone the fans like and and loads no one has heard of - then Hutton et al's comments on top become proof they have an exclusive because he says 'he's heard' - it's how you get two or more stories from one invention.

Every year loanees get linked as permanent deals, and they pop next window as still being of interest etc. It's all a game and you just work down the list each window until a player gets crossed off because they move elsewhere and physically can't sign.

Every year previous invented speculation gets recycled the same way - guarantee you, we'll be back in for ERS next summer despite there not being a single element of proof that we were ever in for him and it'll start from some former player saying 'we should go back in for him' ala Axel.

Don't forget, Buendia was previously linked as well, that was hardly fresh this summer.

And how do I know this -

A - I do it for a living and could easily do the same under an opinion piece on who we should be interested in, that then gets picked up and someone says we are interested in him, then someone like Hutton gets asked for his opinion on whether we should be interested in him and then someone else says we are preparing a bid.....made a bid....bid been rejected....preparing a second bid and so on.

From my own opinion, I've then got multiple stories that I can source as follow throughs whilst claiming I said it first. Some outlets out there don't credit they claim exclusives even though their stories are three days to a fortnight after X player was first linked and someone else went into print.

B - If you pay attention writers move round networks, yet the content and claims never change, and trust me, they have no contacts.

No outlet works differently these days and nobody should believe otherwise, even the paywalled seemed to be going the same way. As said throw enough...eventually something will stick and people remember what sticks and not the reams of Rain Forest that have been felled containing the shite.

It's why I hate transfer windows and don't believe anything I read.

Anyway, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Lol I do this for a living mate, they've linked us repeatedly with anyone the fans like and and loads no one has heard of - then Hutton et al's comments on top become proof they have an exclusive because he says 'he's heard' - it's how you get two or more stories from one invention.

Every year loanees get linked as permanent deals, and they pop next window as still being of interest etc. It's all a game and you just work down the list each window until a player gets crossed off because they move elsewhere and physically can't sign.

Every year previous invented speculation gets recycled the same way - guarantee you, we'll be back in for ERS next summer despite there not being a single element of proof that we were ever in for him and it'll start from some former player saying 'we should go back in for him' ala Axel.

Don't forget, Buendia was previously linked as well, that was hardly fresh this summer.

And how do I know this -

A - I do it for a living and could easily do the same under an opinion piece on who we should be interested in, that then gets picked up and someone says we are interested in him, then someone like Hutton gets asked for his opinion on whether we should be interested in him and then someone else says we are preparing a bid.....made a bid....bid been rejected....preparing a second bid and so on.

From my own opinion, I've then got multiple stories that I can source as follow throughs whilst claiming I said it first. Some outlets out there don't credit they claim exclusives even though their stories are three days to a fortnight after X player was first linked and someone else went into print.

B - If you pay attention writers move round networks, yet the content and claims never change, and trust me, they have no contacts.

No outlet works differently these days and nobody should believe otherwise, even the paywalled seemed to be going the same way. As said throw enough...eventually something will stick and people remember what sticks and not the reams of Rain Forest that have been felled containing the shite.

It's why I hate transfer windows and don't believe anything I read.

Anyway, wrong thread.

Totally get your point but you could say that about every single journalist out there, my point is when someone posts a rumour in the rumour thread, you can’t then jump down their throat especially when they’ve actually been one of the most reliable this summer, an if that’s the case there’s really no point having a rumour thread at all, unless it’s only the bbc you won’t get flack for which in most cases it’s either already across the line, or they’re quoting another news outlet, an if we didn’t have a place to discuss potential rumours I think it’d be quite dead in here during the summer window.

Some times these rumours come to fruition, and there’s no harm in discussing such rumours, unless they’re from the footballfancast site 😂

They can't hold a lack of progress against DS this year - as in effect we have spend negative £5m this season.

I fear Bailey will be frustrating, like Bert, Anwar and Trez, while there's a lot on Buendias shoulders.

I do think we'll be okay with what we have, but I doubt "okay" is the target, and I think we need at least one more big signing to progress.
Expectations are key. I don't see how we can expect too much if we end the window making a profit losing our best player. If we don't make significant investments between now and the end of the window then I'm going to lower my expectations. Something like 12th place would be enough for me based on what we've done this window so far.

I'm cool with that but some fans won't be. Of course my preference is for us to go big and really try to push on but we will see if that happens... As Gillette points out, none of this will be on Dean Smith. He has to work with what he is given.

Expectations are key. I don't see how we can expect too much if we end the window making a profit losing our best player. If we don't make significant investments between now and the end of the window then I'm going to lower my expectations. Something like 12th place would be enough for me based on what we've done this window so far.

I'm cool with that but some fans won't be. Of course my preference is for us to go big and really try to push on but we will see if that happens... As Gillette points out, none of this will be on Dean Smith. He has to work with what he is given.
To be fair we signed Buendia and Ash before or about the same time snake2 was posing about in the new home shirt saying how much he loved playing at this club, so there must be at least 33M plus whatever change we got from the 100m.

The 100m is the only thing we know is true I expect we paid nearer 25 m for Ings and Bailey rather than 30m, I reckon we could go to 45m for JWP or whoever

Totally get your point but you could say that about every single journalist out there, my point is when someone posts a rumour in the rumour thread, you can’t then jump down their throat especially when they’ve actually been one of the most reliable this summer, an if that’s the case there’s really no point having a rumour thread at all, unless it’s only the bbc you won’t get flack for which in most cases it’s either already across the line, or they’re quoting another news outlet, an if we didn’t have a place to discuss potential rumours I think it’d be quite dead in here during the summer window.

Some times these rumours come to fruition, and there’s no harm in discussing such rumours, unless they’re from the footballfancast site 😂

I do say that, it's why I say I feel sorry for the Mail guys who have mortgages to pay but the industry changed on them in the pursuit of profits because the vast majority of internet outlets now do NOT use journalists.

They use writers and there's a difference, I've written around the network but never made claims because I have no contacts at those clubs - that no longer applies, hence the massive spike in transfer speculation based on nothing more than a writer thinking they'd be a good fit that then becomes a former player commentary etc etc.

Seriously mate, take the time to tally 'most reliable' - no outlet is different, 1000's of crap vs one that eventually comes good (despite the fact they've repeated it 4-6 times already having been wrong).

Again I see all this because I do this, start making your own tally and how much repetition there is across all sites.

Nobody's jumping down anyone's throat either, based on what has been previously seen people dismiss outlets and stories - it's not your job to defend their integrity and plenty of people have commented on how much crap Sky and the BBC now publish - but people will bite back when you try and claim any site is more reliable than others know it to be.

Ironic really, some of the FFC chaps now write for Insider, or did last time I looked, as said they move around but the stories never change and that should tell you everything. HITC, SportsMole and so on.

Same stories, same claims different URL.

If I wrote about a 1000 players, I'd be guaranteed to get at least ten transfer right, or alternatively I link one player with 15 PL clubs and one of my articles would make me ITK.

I do say that, it's why I say I feel sorry for the Mail guys who have mortgages to pay but the industry changed on them in the pursuit of profits because the vast majority of internet outlets now do NOT use journalists.

They use writers and there's a difference, I've written around the network but never made claims because I have no contacts at those clubs - that no longer applies, hence the massive spike in transfer speculation based on nothing more than a writer thinking they'd be a good fit that then becomes a former player commentary etc etc.

Seriously mate, take the time to tally 'most reliable' - no outlet is different, 1000's of crap vs one that eventually comes good (despite the fact they've repeated it 4-6 times already having been wrong).

Again I see all this because I do this, start making your own tally and how much repetition there is across all sites.

Nobody's jumping down anyone's throat either, based on what has been previously seen people dismiss outlets and stories - it's not your job to defend their integrity and plenty of people have commented on how much crap Sky and the BBC now publish - but people will bite back when you try and claim any site is more reliable than others know it to be.

Ironic really, some of the FFC chaps now write for Insider, or did last time I looked, as said they move around but the stories never change and that should tell you everything. HITC, SportsMole and so on.

Same stories, same claims different URL.

If I wrote about a 1000 players, I'd be guaranteed to get at least ten transfer right, or alternatively I link one player with 15 PL clubs and one of my articles would make me ITK.

[/QUOTE]

When you post a rumour and the first thing someone says is “ One of the worst outlets for made up links. Lazy link with ex loan player”

When you post a rumour and that’s the first response it’s like why fucking bother mate, we could say that shit about any media outlet even sky, I just think there’s no need for it, we’re all well aware of the bullshit that gets spread around to make a living, for me if no one likes a media outlet then really just don’t go on the rumour thread as you could say the same line with any persons rumour.

When you post a rumour and the first thing someone says is “ One of the worst outlets for made up links. Lazy link with ex loan player”

When you post a rumour and that’s the first response it’s like why fucking bother mate, we could say that shit about any media outlet even sky, I just think there’s no need for it, we’re all well aware of the bullshit that gets spread around to make a living, for me if no one likes a media outlet then really just don’t go on the rumour thread as you could say the same line with any persons rumour.

That stuff used to annoy me, but I don't care anymore, I'll post any rumour (as long as it's a journalist or whatever, not Dave on Twitter)

It's the "Transfer RUMOURS Thread".

I fear Bailey will be frustrating, like Bert, Anwar and Trez, while there's a lot on Buendias shoulders.

I do think we'll be okay with what we have, but I doubt "okay" is the target, and I think we need at least one more big signing to progress.

Pretty much where I'm at - Bailey feels like another punt like the three you mentioned and none of them have come off great - Bert is average until he decides he isn't and then he's brilliant, Trez is a battering ram where hardly anything comes off for him but at least you know he's on the pitch and, Ghazi, well I have no idea at all how he's at any PL club still.

I suspect the difference between "OK" and "genuine progress" this season will lie with whether or not at least two of the above can put in a good season or not.

I've got doubts as to whether Trez or Bert can genuinely improve to the level we'd like but you never know. Ghazi is a total write-off as a PL player IMO so that kinda means we really need Bailey to hit the floor running and keep going for most of the season.

Buendia will, hopefully, help keep the midfield engine ticking over nicely but he NEEDS the guys ahead and to the left/right of him to be on song, he can't help it if he's spraying quality balls all around the park but then the recipient can't do anything with the ball. We'll be ok up front with Ings and Ollie, that much I'm sure of but out wide is another matter entirely.

No pressure then Leon.

And that's their experience having read them before just in the same way you can't stand FFC.

Both are right.

Rumours are rumours, some will be believed, welcomed, hoped for and others trashed. It's not personal lol - don't take it as such.

Pretty much where I'm at - Bailey feels like another punt like the three you mentioned and none of them have come off great - Bert is average until he decides he isn't and then he's brilliant, Trez is a battering ram where hardly anything comes off for him but at least you know he's on the pitch and, Ghazi, well I have no idea at all how he's at any PL club still.

I suspect the difference between "OK" and "genuine progress" this season will lie with whether or not at least two of the above can put in a good season or not.

I've got doubts as to whether Trez or Bert can genuinely improve to the level we'd like but you never know. Ghazi is a total write-off as a PL player IMO so that kinda means we really need Bailey to hit the floor running and keep going for most of the season.

Buendia will, hopefully, help keep the midfield engine ticking over nicely but he NEEDS the guys ahead and to the left/right of him to be on song, he can't help it if he's spraying quality balls all around the park but then the recipient can't do anything with the ball. We'll be ok up front with Ings and Ollie, that much I'm sure of but out wide is another matter entirely.

No pressure then Leon.

To be fair to Bailly, I'm just going off what I've read, "inconsistent" etc. so I'll reserve judgment for now.

Bert can be wonderful one game, and non-existent the next. I still rate Anwar but he's similar, and Trez is more of an impact sub.

The thing with Jack was that he was there every game (almost) having an influence, I hope Buendia is similar, a kind of 7/10 player every week, not just flashes here and there like the others.

Last edited:
To be fair to Bailly, I'm just going off what I've read, "inconsistent" etc. so I'll reserve judgment for now.

Bert can be wonderful one game, and no-existent the next. I still rate Anwar but he's similar, and Trez is more of an impact sub.

The thing with Jack was that he was there every game (almost) having an influence, I hope Buendia is similar, a kind of 7/10 player every week, not just flashes here and there like the others.

Sure and I'll reserve judgement too but he's just that kind of player, he's bound to have games where it's just not happening for him and I wouldn't hold that against him as long as he keeps his head where it should be.

Jack dragged himself onto another level entirely over the last couple of years and he deserves good things for that, I suspect Citeh won't work out for him (as does Pep IMO ...) but them's the breaks, he's made his choice.

As for Buendia, any player capable of setting all-time stats records for a month in the PL in his first season is clearly capable of a degree of consistency but above all he's going to rely on the players around him to show what he can really do, I can't wait to see him link play up with Ollie/Ings/Bailey! He's possibly got the opposite mentality issue to Bailey in terms of being too hot-headed lol but I'll take too much passion over not enough all day long :)

None of these players can or will replace Jack directly but if they can overlap in the right way - and I think they can - then we could still be better off for it IMO. The second half of last season, to my eye at least, showed that Villa minus Jack were still possible relegation material - if all three new players come off sooner rather than later then perhaps most people's ideal position shout of 6th-8th is doable.

I'd still like Ward-Prowse/A.N.Other though tbh - we must still have decent cash to spend now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.