The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 260 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With £100m in the kitty ( assuming that money spent so far is what we would have anyway) it's nice to see some distressed sellers around. Have Inter got a good DM?
Brozovic is decent. Don’t think Inter are the only ones struggling financially though. Would be a perfect time for us to take advantage of the situation with the Jack money

With the numbers we have in midfield I'd suggest selling Luiz for about the £27.5m that was the City buyback price.
I don't quite understand how no one has made an offer for Hourihane either.
Anyway we could get an international DM for what we'd get for Luiz, someone like Denis Zakeria from Borussia Monchengladbach. He's a Swiss international, still only about 24 and Gladbach are willing to let some of their players go for less than market value, solely because of the money they've lost due to TV deals basically collapsing and the pandemic. Players like Zakeria and LW/CF/RW Marcus Thuram, a French international. We could get both for about £50m.

Dear oh dear.

Not for the money they would want for him thanks.
He's one of the better central midfielders in the world at this stage and Inter are absolutely fucked financially. I was a bit tongue in cheek when I said Barella, but as the saying goes, don't buy a ticket won't win the raffle.

He's one of the better central midfielders in the world at this stage and Inter are absolutely fucked financially. I was a bit tongue in cheek when I said Barella, but as the saying goes, don't buy a ticket won't win the raffle.

It’s a long shot we could get someone of that level, but I’d like to see us showing that type of ambition. Personally I’d go all out with the Jack money and try to sign 2 quality players around the £50m mark. I can’t see us genuinely progressing towards top 6 until we do that.

Not sure about a loan again. Any news on if it’s an option to buy?

I think he's approaching the last year of his contract at the end of this season so he might be available

edit he's signed a new contract with United so basically they want good money for him

Yeah I’m a bit disappointed if the loan can’t be made permanent, because we really shouldn’t need to play other clubs players over our own, especially clubs were hoping to catch.

saying that the press (more BS alert) said Newcastle would get him over us because they’ll play him every week, so that could mean we’re buying him in 12 months as Villan57 thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.