The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 263 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Bailly, I'm just going off what I've read, "inconsistent" etc. so I'll reserve judgment for now.

Bert can be wonderful one game, and non-existent the next. I still rate Anwar but he's similar, and Trez is more of an impact sub.

The thing with Jack was that he was there every game (almost) having an influence, I hope Buendia is similar, a kind of 7/10 player every week, not just flashes here and there like the others.

I think wingers are always inconsistent. Even Tony Morley was. Don't know why that is , but it just always seems the case.

Watching that today shows that we need another 2 big signings just to break into the top 10.

You can honestly read that much into a meaningless friendly where players are giving 40-50% effort tops?

I'll never understand how people can make such massive judgements (good or bad) based on friendlies. They mean dick all other than getting fitness right and minutes in legs.

You can honestly read that much into a meaningless friendly where players are giving 40-50% effort tops?

I'll never understand how people can make such massive judgements (good or bad) based on friendlies. They mean dick all other than getting fitness right and minutes in legs.

No I just mean we need cover for potential injuries.

No I just mean we need cover for potential injuries.

I personally don't agree. I'd say we have the strongest squad I can remember for a long long time.

2Rb's with Tuanzebe able to cover
2Lb's with Hause able to cover
4 Centre backs
5 Centre mids fighting it out for 2 places
8 players fighting over 4 attacking positions (10 if you include Wastley and Davis)

The only weak area for me now is in goal, where I really think we need an improvement on Steer.

I'd still like JWP but I think if we got him then one of Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey or Mcginn would have to go coz who needs 6 players for 2 places?

And that's their experience having read them before just in the same way you can't stand FFC.

Both are right.

Rumours are rumours, some will be believed, welcomed, hoped for and others trashed. It's not personal lol - don't take it as such.

Exactly so in my experience I’ve found the same ones to be useful, so as much as they want to slander my links, I have ever right to comment back when they get it right, works both ways mate.

I personally don't agree. I'd say we have the strongest squad I can remember for a long long time.

4 Centre backs
8 players fighting over 4 attacking positions (10 if you include Wastley and Davis)

The only weak area for me now is in goal, where I really think we need an improvement on Steer.

I'd still like JWP but I think if we got him then one of Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey or Mcginn would have to go coz who needs 6 players for 2 places?

Do you think all those covers are good enough to get us top 6?

Do you think all those covers are good enough to get us top 6?

Well yeah, I think they can all do a job.

Apart from man City who can pretty much pick any of 22 players and not weaken their side, I can't think of another team you could say that about.

I don't think we're anywhere near a level yet where we can expect to have our squad players at the same level as our first choice 11. Not even Liverpool have that.

Well yeah, I think they can all do a job.

Apart from man City who can pretty much pick any of 22 players and not weaken their side, I can't think of another team you could say that about.

I don't think we're anywhere near a level yet where we can expect to have our squad players at the same level as our first choice 11. Not even Liverpool have that.

I just see some of those back ups as not being good enough for the top 10.

4 Centre backs

Get JWP and I think you'd have JWP, Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn fighting it out for the 2 centre mid places. Which means Sanson and Ramsey are backups to backups. Unless Sanson turns out to be the next Messi.

Get JWP and I think you'd have JWP, Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn fighting it out for the 2 centre mid places. Which means Sanson and Ramsey are backups to backups. Unless Sanson turns out to be the next Messi.
Sanson was class in Ligue 1. Was supposed to be target this season but club saw opportunity and went for him early. He's in top 1% for pressures and successful pressures. He got rushed last season when we were all over the shop and got season ending injury. It's stupid that people written him off and say we need class CM signing and ignoring his existence

And what is it specifically in the 9 appearances (6 as sub and 3 starts ) that means his villa career is effectively no more in your eyes ?.

Please expand, fascinated to know where his 229 ligue 1 games (122 Marseille appearances) and 25 European appearances stand in your thinking here?.

I just see some of those back ups as not being good enough for the top 10.
Hopefully we will never have to play all the back-ups at once, but if our second string is lower mid table level, we’re doing something right. It’s a squad game and multiple factors affect where we finish. I’m sure we’ll have frustrations with individuals throughout the season and change our views on where we will finish weekly. We’ve lost one player and strengthened in other areas and I’m happy with what we have done this window. Hopefully we’ll improve our league position but there are no guarantees.

Hopefully we will never have to play all the back-ups at once, but if our second string is lower mid table level, we’re doing something right. It’s a squad game and multiple factors affect where we finish. I’m sure we’ll have frustrations with individuals throughout the season and change our views on where we will finish weekly. We’ve lost one player and strengthened in other areas and I’m happy with what we have done this window. Hopefully we’ll improve our league position but there are no guarantees.
Exactly Merd, It's a squad game and it looks like we are building a squad, rather than eleven good players and wondering what we are going to do if we lose one

I think we have a squad depth for a top ten place. A signing like JWP would certainly make me feel confident of top 10 and maybe even Europe..
We certainly have no excuses..we have enough quality now for top 10.
I know ghazi scores goals.... But his general play... I'm sorry to his fans who look at his goal tally and run and get the tissues... But his actual general play is woeful. The faster we have a team sheet that doesn't include him, even on the bench I will be over the moon.

Luiz is an international DM with an Olympic Gold Medal.

He's also a fantastic footballer who is young and has plenty of scope for improvement.

No idea why you'd want to swap him with another unproven foreign player who would have to go through all that settling in period again.

I don't rate him as a DM.
I think he's wasted there and would be better that bit further forward as a CM.
I don't think he's mature enough to handle the responsibility that being a DM brings.
He's not that tall, about 5'8", so isn't particularly good in the air.
He's iffy in challenges, sometimes not making a challenge at all.
He'd probably be better suited to playing in Spain.

Zaharia is a dedicated DM.
He offers coverage at right back and both centreback spots.
He's 6' and reasonably good in the air.
He loves a challenge and reads a game well.
He's played most of his career in a league that's about as competitive as the prem.
He'd offer the advantage of not being called away for tournaments in Africa or South America.

If you don't like the idea of Zakaria, who would you suggest to improve the team in the DM spots.

I don't rate him as a DM.
I think he's wasted there and would be better that bit further forward as a CM.
I don't think he's mature enough to handle the responsibility that being a DM brings.
He's not that tall, about 5'8", so isn't particularly good in the air.
He's iffy in challenges, sometimes not making a challenge at all.
He'd probably be better suited to playing in Spain.

Zaharia is a dedicated DM.
He offers coverage at right back and both centreback spots.
He's 6' and reasonably good in the air.
He loves a challenge and reads a game well.
He's played most of his career in a league that's about as competitive as the prem.
He'd offer the advantage of not being called away for tournaments in Africa or South America.

If you don't like the idea of Zakaria, who would you suggest to improve the team in the DM spots.
I went through headers won per game in PL last season top 100 about 4 in 100 were mids the vast vast majority were defenders or forwards.
Winning headers as a DM is almost irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.