The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that most of the time they're already 3 up and going down the gears when they start subbing players.
yep we are poles apart in terms of squads but similar stats in this, for the all-important one they are 33 points ahead and will double our points tally by the end of the season.

The aim has to be to get where Man City are.
The thing is, to look at how long it took them to get there and the wholesale changes, to not only the team but, the entire club set up to get there.
We have made a really good start with the youth set up and 5 or 6 first team members. Now it's a case of filling the other spots with players of equal or better ability.

The aim has to be to get where Man City are.
The thing is, to look at how long it took them to get there and the wholesale changes, to not only the team but, the entire club set up to get there.
We have made a really good start with the youth set up and 5 or 6 first team members. Now it's a case of filling the other spots with players of equal or better ability.
Yes Villan but some of the football fraternity have alleged that Man City and others have "got away with murder " Interesting how FFP develops considering the many issues raised by Covid. We seem set fair to grow whilst others may be less confident about the next few seasons.

Yes Villan but some of the football fraternity have alleged that Man City and others have "got away with murder " Interesting how FFP develops considering the many issues raised by Covid. We seem set fair to grow whilst others may be less confident about the next few seasons.

City had the good fortune, along with Chelsea to start their regrowth long before FFP came in to being. Doing things the way they were able to is now out of the question, even if we had an owner like Bezos, who's getting close to being worth a quarter of a trillion.

I've seen some fans have doubts of Watkins and Abraham being able to play together but, Watkins prefers playing out wide right, Abraham prefers playing straight down the middle and Jack, as we all know prefers life on the left. If we put someone like Emi Buendia in the midfield with McGinn or Sanson and a more defensive minded player behind them, either a Luis or a Nakamba, depending on the opposition, we'd have a decent attacking front 5.

I've seen some fans have doubts of Watkins and Abraham being able to play together but, Watkins prefers playing out wide right, Abraham prefers playing straight down the middle and Jack, as we all know prefers life on the left. If we put someone like Emi Buendia in the midfield with McGinn or Sanson and a more defensive minded player behind them, either a Luis or a Nakamba, depending on the opposition, we'd have a decent attacking front 5.

Watkins prefers wide left, that’s where he played for Brentford and makes sense with him being right footed too, Tbh he’d probably get more goal scoring opportunities, Abraham or a Eduoard could play upfront but would really need to work hard on their pressing game, You could then have Grealish in the middle and Buendia on the right, but having the luxury of Buendia and Grealish able to switch and change, Even if it’s 40m I don’t think there’s many players out there that we could attract that can do what Buendia does, I think just with his introduction we’re knocking on the front door of Europa.

So far he’s played 32 games 11 goals and 13 assists, average game rating 7.77, 13 MOTM 😳

He’s the reason why Norwich are first, in a better team like ours I really can see him thriving.

Watkins prefers wide left, that’s where he played for Brentford and makes sense with him being right footed too, Tbh he’d probably get more goal scoring opportunities, Abraham or a Eduoard could play upfront but would really need to work hard on their pressing game, You could then have Grealish in the middle and Buendia on the right, but having the luxury of Buendia and Grealish able to switch and change, Even if it’s 40m I don’t think there’s many players out there that we could attract that can do what Buendia does, I think just with his introduction we’re knocking on the front door of Europa.

So far he’s played 32 games 11 goals and 13 assists, average game rating 7.77, 13 MOTM 😳

He’s the reason why Norwich are first, in a better team like ours I really can see him thriving.

Watkins has said himself that he much prefers playing wide right, besides that it was Benrahma who played wide left for Brentford.
Apart from that I like the idea of Grealish in the middle, McGinn on the left of midfield, with Buendia on the right. I could see those three interchanging and causing havoc.

Watkins has said himself that he much prefers playing wide right, besides that it was Benrahma who played wide left for Brentford.
Apart from that I like the idea of Grealish in the middle, McGinn on the left of midfield, with Buendia on the right. I could see those three interchanging and causing havoc.

He played 68 times on the left over two seasons even against us, 30 on the right which definitely shows his versatility, surprised he would say he prefers to be on the right as logically he’d have a tighter angle to shoot from.

Although going from his record it seems he’s pretty lethal either side.

This demonstrates what we have to address in the coming window, something we all know: our bench is just not strong enough.

View attachment 47229

Not very often we climb about 10 places in a league table in the space of 10 minutes......! Same again next week and we could be top 3....and yet we all know that we simply have to improve our bench if we’re going to continue to progress. Suppose it shows that stats don’t always tell the full story!

Not very often we climb about 10 places in a league table in the space of 10 minutes......! Same again next week and we could be top 3....and yet we all know that we simply have to improve our bench if we’re going to continue to progress. Suppose it shows that stats don’t always tell the full story!
It would be interesting to see the same stats on the number of subs used, cross reference the minutes played against how many over the season, which would then show a truer reflection of which teams have done well with their subs.

Nevertheless we fall into the not making enough subs, the wrong subs at times, with very little minutes on the clock and then having one hell of an impact not seen for since September 2000 with Joachim vs Derby and May 1994 Yorke vs Liverpool.

100% agree we need a stronger bench next season and I’d say we need 3 new starters in the team also, Same again next week, start the game off like how we finished in the final 20 minutes.

I have almost a fear, (no pun intended), that Grealish is going to start missing more and more games as his seasons go on, until eventually he'll become a 12-15 games a season player.
Maybe if an offer above £85 million came in for him, we'd be better off letting him go.

As for Watkins, I didn't say he had played mostly at wide right, just that he said he prefers playing there as it's more comfortable for him.
Edouard plays as a centreforward, or as a second striker/attacking midfielder, or on occasion a right winger.
With Watkins on the left, Edouard on the right and Abraham down the centre, all interchanging, I can't think of many defences that would cope, especially with a player like Buendia playing behind them slipping balls through the defence.

Making Celtic an offer of a straight swap, Edouard for Wesley, might be a result.
If Man City decide to take Luis back, that would put £25million in the kitty. If we added £50 million we'd get both Abraham and Buendia.
That would leave us needing a left-back a centre-back and a DM.

I have almost a fear, (no pun intended), that Grealish is going to start missing more and more games as his seasons go on, until eventually he'll become a 12-15 games a season player.
Maybe if an offer above £85 million came in for him, we'd be better off letting him go.

As for Watkins, I didn't say he had played mostly at wide right, just that he said he prefers playing there as it's more comfortable for him.
Edouard plays as a centreforward, or as a second striker/attacking midfielder, or on occasion a right winger.
With Watkins on the left, Edouard on the right and Abraham down the centre, all interchanging, I can't think of many defences that would cope, especially with a player like Buendia playing behind them slipping balls through the defence.

Making Celtic an offer of a straight swap, Edouard for Wesley, might be a result.
If Man City decide to take Luis back, that would put £25million in the kitty. If we added £50 million we'd get both Abraham and Buendia.
That would leave us needing a left-back a centre-back and a DM.

Why on earth would Celtic do a straight swap of Edouard for Wesley and why would Man City even bother signing a player for £25m who would struggle to make their bench.

I am sure you are right JPA, but after yesterday it could be asked do we just need to use it more often and earlier.
Let's not fool ourselves, up until yesterday Trez was literally the worst finisher in the entire league and still might be without checking first. Hoping at best for a sub to just not be as ineffectual as whoever they're replacing is thin gruel for a manager.

Let's not fool ourselves, up until yesterday Trez was literally the worst finisher in the entire league and still might be without checking first. Hoping at best for a sub to just not be as ineffectual as whoever they're replacing is thin gruel for a manager.
Yes agree Platypus, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but I was just making the point that on many occasions this capaign the situation was screaming out for it to be changed, and not like for like, and not in the last ten minutes, and Deano wont do it.
I think it has been his single biggest issue as our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.