The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not fool ourselves, up until yesterday Trez was literally the worst finisher in the entire league and still might be without checking first. Hoping at best for a sub to just not be as ineffectual as whoever they're replacing is thin gruel for a manager.

Theres a case for keeping him, I was in the sell and upgrade camp until yesterday. I think Anwar should be moved on because its hard to see him capturing any sort of consistency. He has the quality and ability but not the attitude and application.

Such a pity, as most of us have said if you could put the two together you'd have an incredible talent.

I hope, grateful though I am to Trez and AEG, that neither of them have to be an option next season short of an injury crisis. More sadly, I'm starting to think that of McGinn but I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

My signings in the summer: Dele Alli, Thauvin or similar, plus back up at both full back positions. Also a striker to push Ollie if Louie Barry still isn't quite there yet.

Why on earth would Celtic do a straight swap of Edouard for Wesley and why would Man City even bother signing a player for £25m who would struggle to make their bench.

The only thing that would stop Celtic from taking Wesley would be his wage demands.
The £25 million valuation on Luis is one Man City themselves put on him, when they put the buy back clause in when they sold him to us.
Luis might not walk right into their first team right now but, if he continues to improve at the rate he's done while with us, he'd be knocking on that door in a couple of seasons. If he continues to improve while with us, in a couple of seasons he'll be worth closer to £50 million.

The only thing that would stop Celtic from taking Wesley would be his wage demands.
The £25 million valuation on Luis is one Man City themselves put on him, when they put the buy back clause in when they sold him to us.
Luis might not walk right into their first team right now but, if he continues to improve at the rate he's done while with us, he'd be knocking on that door in a couple of seasons. If he continues to improve while with us, in a couple of seasons he'll be worth closer to £50 million.

I want some of what you are on.

I want some of what you are on.

Pretty sure if Man City wanted Luiz it’s now 35m this summer and their last chance to sign him, personally if they opted to sign him I’d meet Sheffield’s asking price of 35m for Berge and put him straight in alongside McGinn.

Luiz still has a lot to improve, has huge potential to fulfill and to master his role it just takes time, he does a lot of things right but there’s a reason why sometimes like against Fulham he’s probably not needed and we need to opt for a more attacking player in the form of Ramsey.

Regarding Wesley and Eduoard, apparently Celtic will accept less now, 25m might do it, but there’s no way they would swap him for Wesley, in fact I’d probably say get Edouard for 25m and loan them Wesley, that should give him confidence once again and improve his valuation, whilst also helping Celtic out and not missing Edouard as much.

I don't think there's any danger of Dougie leaving in the summer. Theres dysfunction in Midfield that Smith and Co need to figure out. With Barkley downing tools and Grealish injured we're back to a point where we don't know our best 11.

Watkins, Grealish and the back 5 are nailed on. The rest is a toss up. I think Marv has a strong case to play abit more but some games just don't suit him and I don't think its as clear cut as "he plays against stronger teams and not against weaker teams".

It would be like trading a BMW in for a Vauxhall. Absolutely no chance Celtic would be interested in that LOL. If there were then I've got a bridge to sell them too.

Maybe we should sign Perriera from Albion, even if its just to annoy them because all I floated the idea to a baggie at work the other day and he had what can only be described as a minor temper tantrum. Imagine the WM phone in if it actually happened.

If Heaton goes who stays ? We’ve currently got 4 keepers as it is, if we don’t consider Steer or Kalinic as viable options for 2nd then one of them have to go too, I think we only need 3 keepers.

If Heaton goes who stays ? We’ve currently got 4 keepers as it is, if we don’t consider Steer or Kalinic as viable options for 2nd then one of them have to go too, I think we only need 3 keepers.

Kalinic will definitely go. Heaton I suspect will go as he's too good to be a number 2 and playing regularly he could easily get back into England contention. I think out of the 3 Steer is most likely to stay and sit on the bench.

I hope, grateful though I am to Trez and AEG, that neither of them have to be an option next season short of an injury crisis. More sadly, I'm starting to think that of McGinn but I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

My signings in the summer: Dele Alli, Thauvin or similar, plus back up at both full back positions. Also a striker to push Ollie if Louie Barry still isn't quite there yet.
were not going down now and to be honest i dont think were quite ready to play in europe with the squad we have so why not give the likes of Louie Barry 10 minutes here and there so we cant see how he adapts to life at the top as he may end up saving us money when the window opens

Am I the only one who isn't entirely convinced on Barry? Never seems to really light it up for the U23's, just scores the ocassional penalty.

I'm with you in theory though, I'd definitely be giving Kesler, Chukwumeka and A.Ramsay some game time over the next 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.