The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should sign Perriera from Albion, even if its just to annoy them because all I floated the idea to a baggie at work the other day and he had what can only be described as a minor temper tantrum. Imagine the WM phone in if it actually happened.

I mentioned this idea back in December. I actually think he's a decent player and would have offered us more than Barkley has since Xmas - but the fact it would really piss off the bag heads would make it worthwhile for me.

Am I the only one who isn't entirely convinced on Barry? Never seems to really light it up for the U23's, just scores the ocassional penalty.

I'm with you in theory though, I'd definitely be giving Kesler, Chukwumeka and A.Ramsay some game time over the next 9 games.

I certainly dont understand why so many want him thrown into the first team, there are better players waiting for their chance in front of him.
If he hadn't joined from Barcelona's academy I doubt there would be the same level of hype over him.

I’d w
Am I the only one who isn't entirely convinced on Barry? Never seems to really light it up for the U23's, just scores the ocassional penalty.

I'm with you in theory though, I'd definitely be giving Kesler, Chukwumeka and A.Ramsay some game time over the next 9 games.

I’d even give Revan or Bridge the odd sub appearance, or even Rowe, those lads did themselves proud against Liverpool, Rowe kept Salah quiet all game, Revan was very commanding and Bridge is supposed to be really highly rated anyway, perhaps not against Liverpool or Man City, but the odd cameo as scary as it might be for them should give them something extra to aim for, knowing they have the chance to impress and won’t just be another poorly managed youth that’s stuck in the under 23’s without any proper loan experience, conference league doesn’t really count.

I certainly dont understand why so many want him thrown into the first team, there are better players waiting for their chance in front of him.
If he hadn't joined from Barcelona's academy I doubt there would be the same level of hype over him.

I think with how well he stuck one past Liverpool like a young Micheal Owen, there’s been certain games this season where Ollie could of had a rest when we’ve been comfortable.

So far 13 appearance 10 goals and he’s got a great record throughout the England youth setup from from under 15’s 16’s, 17’s and more recently made his debut for the under 18’s he’s thought of throughout England youth level as the next big thing.

I think with how well he stuck one past Liverpool like a young Micheal Owen, there’s been certain games this season where Ollie could of had a rest when we’ve been comfortable.

So far 13 appearance 10 goals and he’s got a great record throughout the England youth setup from from under 15’s 16’s, 17’s and more recently made his debut for the under 18’s he’s thought of throughout England youth level as the next big thing.

Yes he took his goal well, but apart from that I barely remember him getting near the ball. It was such a one sided game it was difficult to get a true read on things. By the sounds of things Chukwemeka? is ahead of him and likely to get a chance first, but then I look at how much playing time Keinan has had off the bench. Its likely he wouldnt get more than 5 minutes either.
Revan went on loan to Weymouth in Jan and he's been played all over the pitch. Started off at CB, but has since played all across the midfield and even up front. It concerns me a bit that they aren't sure where his best position is. You would think at National League level he'd be the best player in their team if he was good enough for us. Think he'll eiother be sent out on loan again next season or moved on.

Yes he took his goal well, but apart from that I barely remember him getting near the ball. It was such a one sided game it was difficult to get a true read on things. By the sounds of things Chukwemeka? is ahead of him and likely to get a chance first, but then I look at how much playing time Keinan has had off the bench. Its likely he wouldnt get more than 5 minutes either.
Revan went on loan to Weymouth in Jan and he's been played all over the pitch. Started off at CB, but has since played all across the midfield and even up front. It concerns me a bit that they aren't sure where his best position is. You would think at National League level he'd be the best player in their team if he was good enough for us. Think he'll eiother be sent out on loan again next season or moved on.

To be fair that game was never going to have our striker seeing loads of the ball. He had 1 opportunity, not an easy one either and he buried it. He was also probably the one player in that line up that people not familiar with the academy teams would have heard of before the game what with him coming from Barcelona so that's why he's got more attention. That and strikers naturally get more focus than other positions.

However from what I've read and seen the likes of Chukwuemeka, Phillange-Bidace, Ramsey, Kessler are all rated as highly or more by the club and have already been in first team squads. I don't think having any of them or Barry on the bench instead of someone like Taylor would do us any harm.

Like JW said he had one chance and buried it, wasn’t a tab in either and battled his little heart out and did all the right things, went across his man (something Watkins could learn from) That game we were pinned in our half all game, but he still did it against a very good Liverpool side, which might suggest given the chance he could do it at this level, certainly in a couple of years time, he’s 18 in June, body is still developing but I would give him a shot, every England stage through youth level he’s prolific. Scoring at least every other game.

This is on transfermarkt where at 16 he was rated the best in the country at his age.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lou...ngland-after-barca-adventure/view/news/376168

Probably should get back on transfer talk, but he would certainly save us a few pounds, I think without a doubt he should be getting a shot at a Championship side next season.

To be fair that game was never going to have our striker seeing loads of the ball. He had 1 opportunity, not an easy one either and he buried it. He was also probably the one player in that line up that people not familiar with the academy teams would have heard of before the game what with him coming from Barcelona so that's why he's got more attention. That and strikers naturally get more focus than other positions.

However from what I've read and seen the likes of Chukwuemeka, Phillange-Bidace, Ramsey, Kessler are all rated as highly or more by the club and have already been in first team squads. I don't think having any of them or Barry on the bench instead of someone like Taylor would do us any harm.

No, I'm not saying he wont make it and the way Liverpool camped in our half for the majority of that game made it difficult to judge them. I just think we will surely see Chukwemeka, Philogene-Bidace and Aaron Ramsey in the team before him.
If we were in better form I think we probably would see one or two of them getting minutes, but as we've struggled for form over the last couple of months Deano is probably more focused on getting a result than developing them

I think we should give some of these promising youngsters minutes this season to give them a bit of experience and to put them in the shop window for lower league clubs to see them. They’ll surely learn more in a loan spell in league 1 or even the championship if they’re already good enough than the development league.

The one I can see getting a go in the first team in Kessler-Hayden. With Elmo out of contract in the summer and Guilbert out of favour and possibly on his was out too there’s an opportunity for him especially as he’s the current captain of the u21’s and seems to be in form

The youth did fine against Liverpool, but ran out of steam after 60 minutes. Don't think any are physically near ready for a full PL match. Take Barry; give him a couple of years and you'll see a big difference. But some of them would be OK coming off the bench.

No, you're not we have quite a few players well ahead of him, I watched him for England u18's and they played him on the left of the front 3 as he's nowhere near big enough to play centrally. He certainly didn't stand out as anything special amongst his peers from the elite clubs shall we say.

Missed the boat not buying Buendia (and maybe also Cantwell). Both stunning tonight ...but Norwich will be back up and won't sell IMO.

I want some of what you are on.

From your reply I take it you think I am a long way out in my thoughts, so why don't you enlighten me with your own thoughts.
To have what I'm on you'd have to be suffering the same illnesses that I do and I wouldn't wish that on the world's most despicable human being.

The youth did fine against Liverpool, but ran out of steam after 60 minutes. Don't think any are physically near ready for a full PL match. Take Barry; give him a couple of years and you'll see a big difference. But some of them would be OK coming off the bench.

Thats what I think too, its a lovely thought but that's all it is. Barry like you say is every bit 16 but give him another season and a cameo from the bench in a cup game and then send him on loan the following season.

From your reply I take it you think I am a long way out in my thoughts, so why don't you enlighten me with your own thoughts.
To have what I'm on you'd have to be suffering the same illnesses that I do and I wouldn't wish that on the world's most despicable human being.

Me too, my list of tablets resembles a pharmacists stock list. Why on earth would Celtic swap a £30m rated striker for an injured one who is barely worth £10m at most. It just doesn't make sense.

Heaton's contract runs until summer 2023.

It was never officially confirmed, all websites to my knowledge did what I did, assumed it was a four year deal as that's what others were being handed.

I think a two year deal is bizarre myself, but Evans knows his stuff and I doubt he'd have gone to print without getting it confirmed from the club/Heaton.

Heaton's contract runs until summer 2023.
The length of Heaton’s contract was not announced when he was signed from Burnley for £8 million following Villa’s promotion back to the Premier League in 2019.

However, The Athletic can reveal he is on a two-year deal that expires at the end of this season. Villa will offer him an extension but he will need to weigh up whether to stick it out for another year as their back-up to the impressive Martinez.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2497695/2021/04/06/tom-heaton-aston-villa-future/

Status
Not open for further replies.