The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 231 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think super John is a great player.
Last season I think he was held back because we accommodated useless Ross.
And I'm not entirely sure luiz knows how to position himself. So superjohn was limited for two reasons.
I think with a player who knows what he is doing we will see the best out of him.
Top player and more than good enough for a top6 push if he is surrounded by top6 quality which is hopefully what we will have.
Can't comment on lizard Leon because before we bid I had never heard of him but ward prowse would be rock solid and a great partner for John.

Just as Grealish is Villa to the core and we hope he stays, JWP is Southampton to the core, so trying to prise him away from there will be difficult. Sure if Jack goes we have £100m to splash out and we can test Saints with a bigger fee (upwards of £30m) and the player with a huge pay incentive. We'd still have plenty left to bring in another keeper and central defender as well.

While I agree it will be hard to prise JWP from Southampton apparently he comes from a Portsmouth background so mightn’t be as hard to prise away as Jack particularly if Villa convince him of their ambitions. But your point of north of £30m still stands.

Would love to see that bid before Jack makes a decision to try and reinforce the owners intent to Jack.

Just as Grealish is Villa to the core and we hope he stays, JWP is Southampton to the core, so trying to prise him away from there will be difficult. Sure if Jack goes we have £100m to splash out and we can test Saints with a bigger fee (upwards of £30m) and the player with a huge pay incentive. We'd still have plenty left to bring in another keeper and central defender as well.

SJM was shite for most of last season. He only came to life in the last two games. If he'd played like that for the whole season, his stats would be way better than JWP.

Plus, I'm sure that Bailey or Buendia can take a free kick.

I was kind of in that camp until I saw him in England's final friendlies before Southgate selected his squad. Thought he was outstanding and offers a bit of everything. Tough, gritty, gets stuck in, runs and runs, good passer and obviously fantastic set pieces.

Not sure where he'd fit in but I'd love to sign him. Assume he'd compete with Mcginn and Luiz

He was brilliant in that England game plus he's already an EPL player so wouldn't need to get up to speed etc.

I think it's ability personally, many players just don't do it consistently. To me McGinn has been largely average at this level and he's had like two seasons albeit one injury hit one. I think he's mid table quality.
Much as I love SJM if we want to push on he can't play every minute of every game he needs to be used tactically, even Scotland with their limited talent sub him sometimes

Gary Cahill has left Crystal Palace.

Worth a one year contract with an option? Who knows, he could be our 'new' JT. As back-up to Konsa and Mings, I'd rather have him than Tuanzebe. If we could buy Tuanzebe, yeah, but manure just wants to keep loaning him out.

I don't know if Cahill is doing any badges or even wants to get into coaching but for back-up, I could think of worse.

I’d be really happy if we got JWP tbh. I think he might be a little bit underrated and a player in the mould of Barry that we have not had probably since Barry.

Would need to be with jack staying though of course to take full advantage of his set piece talents

JWP and Anguissa in the middle would be next level gravy, although I think we can’t change too much of the team just like that, I’d definitely bring in Prowse, he’s captain for Southampton and we need that leadership in the middle.

Gary Cahill has left Crystal Palace.

Worth a one year contract with an option? Who knows, he could be our 'new' JT. As back-up to Konsa and Mings, I'd rather have him than Tuanzebe. If we could buy Tuanzebe, yeah, but manure just wants to keep loaning him out.

I don't know if Cahill is doing any badges or even wants to get into coaching but for back-up, I could think of worse.
Not for me, he's finished.

Any speculation on a striker or are we counting on Ollie going the whole season uninjured, unrested and free of suspensions?

The plan may well be to play Bert or Bailey down the middle if Ollie is out for whatever reason? A top class striker is not going to sit on our bench. I also doubt they have given up on Wesley just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.