The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 232 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he supposed to have wanted 2 yrs and they would only offer another 1 yr -
I think they need to trim their wage bill and Cahill will be on a hefty whack from his Chelsea days at a guess.

Tackles per game -

JWP - 2.0
SJM - 1.6

Interceptions per game -

JWP - 1.1
SJM - 1.2

Clearances per game -

JWP - 1.4
SJM - 0.6

Goals -

JWP - 8
SJM - 3

Assists -

JWP - 7
SJM - 5

Key passes per game -

JWP - 1.6
SJM - 1.1

Pass complete percentage -

JWP - 86.4%
SJM - 79.4%

Nah.
I'm old school. Don't do football by pointless stats like the majority of those are.
Key pass, pass percentage, interceptions and clearances. Where are those on the pitch, what affect did those have on the game, the result, the season....
Where did Saints finish ?
Anyone?.
Anyone?.
Bueller?

Goals and assists fair enough . Not much in it there for assists. Goals to be expected as JWP does all the set pieces so if we want to spunk 40 million for 5 extra goals then I would argue with marv, Luiz, mcginn , Sanson that we have more pressing matters to attend to.

Nah.
I'm old school. Don't do football by pointless stats like the majority of those are.
Key pass, pass percentage, interceptions and clearances. Where are those on the pitch, what affect did those have on the game, the result, the season....
Where did Saints finish ?
Anyone?.
Anyone?.
Bueller?

Goals and assists fair enough . Not much in it there for assists. Goals to be expected as JWP does all the set pieces so if we want to spunk 40 million for 5 extra goals then I would argue with marv, Luiz, mcginn , Sanson that we have more pressing matters to attend to.

I fully agree that stats don't tell the full picture and also for full disclosure I'm one of Mcginns biggest fans. Go back through threads on here when people were slating him I was one of very few defending him. Love him.

But you're saying JWP is nowhere near Mcginns level and I just can't have that. He's quality.

I'd drive Sanson, Jacob Ramsey and Nakamba home tomorrow if we could get JWP in.

With Bailey signing we will have three predominately right wingers.
Bailey, Traore and Buendia.
Time to buy winger who is predominately a leftwinger methinks.
Yet again I'd like to make a shout for Marcus Thuram of Munchengladbach. He played 29 games last season, scoring 8 and providing 7 assists. Predominately a leftwinger who can play rightwing but, more importantly, can play as a centreforward. Munchengladbach will accept 30 million Euro's for him. He would offer cover for Ollie.
Bringing Tuanzebe back to the club would allow changes, when needed, to the formation. He can play in a back three. With Luiz and Nakamba likely to be called up internationally during the winter months, Axel could fill in for Ezri, who could take over the deep lying midfield role while both Nakamba and Luiz are away.
If Jack leaves, we could move McGinn forward to play alongside Emi2 in a 4-1-4-1 or a 3-2-4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.