The Stadium! | Page 121 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Hope a leccy wasn't using an iPad with no edit facility to design the wiring and ended up deleted the whole circuit board!

Seats are nearly done. The stadium looked awesome last night when they were testing the multi-coloured lighting. Might be better suited to concerts than football!.

There is an article in Construction News that doesn't paint a pretty picture of the project. It could be hype though. It's also shown on Spurs in the News website. Sounds like chaos.

Club have supposedly refuted the article but still haven't given an actual timeline. Considering the article said January and we're not far off October with no announcement of test events it's looking increasingly likely the club's called it wrong again.

I hear the internal stuff at the stadium is getting closer however from people checking the feeds.

To be honest, I don’t think we’ve necessarily rushed this project. It was always going to take as long as it takes. We couldn’t get on until the old WHL was demolished but they did start the job and do as much as they could until then. As soon as the demolition was done, we got on as quickly as we could. I think we’ve been let down by contractors, or maybe the planners or co-ordinators of the project or maybe all three. It’s no use crying over spilt milk now. Let’s just get on and finish it however long it takes. If people have not met their dates, fine them. We need to recoup expenses and these contractors have to tell the truth when they accept contracts. Many exaggerate and say yes, ‘we can do it by.... date.’ I’ve seen so many big builds fall behind their ‘ready by’ dates. People lie to get contracts. They need to pay up because it costs other people money when things fall behind.

What’s holding us up now is the north stand lower seating and the turf. Is something holding up the remaining seating being installed? We can’t see inside the stadium hallways etc. Does anyone know if there is stuff inside holding things up?

What’s holding us up now is the north stand lower seating and the turf. Is something holding up the remaining seating being installed? We can’t see inside the stadium hallways etc. Does anyone know if there is stuff inside holding things up?
Yes, based on the feeds all the 'visible' exterior seems to be coming along at a good rate now. However, not knowing the extent of the wiring/safety issue, it's hard to speculate the level of remedial work required. For example, was it just the wiring under one or more stands, is it complete rewiring or patch work? Seeing the released pictures of the interior there is a huge amount of work gone on and impressive too.

Thanks CS mate, I wish I lived up there to see the progress for myself, the outside at least. I’d be walking the dog around there every day. I see the pitch has been cleared now.

Seen some people say drug testing is mandatory on major sites so think the story is bs. Anyone with more knowledge confirm either way?

I’d like to know how construction managers let their staff take drugs and drink on site. Completely sackable offence, putting others safety at risk.

That's 2 publications that I know of have carried the story. How do they stand legally if proved to be false allegations ? The publications I mean.

I would be astonished if those allegation are correct, for sure the odd person may turn up to work over the limit or with drugs still in their system. With that many people on site that will always happen, but in my experience this is usually dealt with swiftly. These days it is something work colleagues will not tolerate.

So the Gironda team we played in August and lost 4-1 at their place we our 2nd-3rd team were'nt the crap some suggested at the time. Saw them yesterday Baying barcelona 2-2. So come on lads we beat last years Champions League winners Real Madrid and we will beat \\\\\\\\barca as well !!!

LOL with all these troubling announcement coming out with the stadium....I think I will wait a few years to see a match in person...just to be safe. (and give them plenty of time to work all the errors out)

Question: Who would buy shares in Spurs if they issued a limited voting power share structure that allowed them to pay down stadium debt and free up cash flow?

Latest I've heard is that the pitch is being laid on October 1 st.
Since I've been back from holiday ,I've spent a lot of time catching up on YouTube videos and watching all the external steps and paving being put down and it begs the question ,how on earth we would have been ready to stage the game on Sept 15?
Anyhow ,it is what it is . It's a superb stadium and just gets better every time I see an update .
Can't wait to see the Cockeral come to roost

Last edited:
Just catching up as well. Am in Uganda on my annual visit and have just got data for the phone/iPad so I’ve just seen the pitch area tidied up and the seating in progress on the lower north stand. Great stuff. So, 1st Oct for the turf? Can’t wait. I can get internet on the move here ok with the various providers, using MTN at the moment. Pretty reasonable for the month. 10GB for around 60,000 UGX (about £12?). So should be able to keep in touch.