The Stadium! | Page 120 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Activity on the build appears to have increased. A lot of the external bits seem to be getting done, tarmac being laid around the ticketing area, and the loads of materials turning up, etc. Inside I notice the chair numbers have increased, the lower stand is down to around 30-40% needing to be done now. There are a few small areas elsewhere to be done but the progress is better. There seems to be a more final look to many areas, which is encouraging. The pitch is still a good time away, but once the small cranes and vehicles are done and the protective boards cleared, I think the pitch will move very quickly. I’ve seen them lay pitches in days at some stadia. COME ON YOU SPURS CONTRACTORS!

Tel, I seem to remember when we played Rochdale , we paid for and laid the new pitch within a couple of days . We then played on it that weekend and it was fine as far as I remember. Don't know that it needed six gigantic , remotely controlled grow light gantry's though !

Tottenham will not play in their new stadium until March at the earliest because crucial safety features will not be finished, Love Sport Radio can exclusively reveal.
Spurs are currently still playing home games at Wembley after they failed to complete construction on their new £800million ground before the season started.
The difficulties have also forced the club to reschedule their home game against Manchester City from Sunday October 28 to the Monday night because of a clash with an NFL match at the national stadium.
Spurs will even play their Carabao Cup third-round tie against Watford at Stadium MK in Milton Keynes because Wembley is unavailable that week.
And now Love Sport Radio has learned from sources with intimate knowledge of the construction process at White Hart Lane that the in-stadium sprinkler system, which is automatically activated in the event of a fire, will not be completed until March at the earliest.

That doesn't make any sense to me, I know large sprinkler pumps could have a 4 to 6 week delivery as could the control panels. I would be astonished if they weren't already on site, so I don't know what in a sprinkler system could cause a further 5 month delay.

Tel, I seem to remember when we played Rochdale , we paid for and laid the new pitch within a couple of days . We then played on it that weekend and it was fine as far as I remember. Don't know that it needed six gigantic , remotely controlled grow light gantry's though!

Yes ‘wanderer’. It’s right in my mind that many clubs have put down new pitches in very quick times, ready to play matches even in winter when the pitch has taken a hammering. Looking at the rest of the stadium though, there’s are loads of things to be done. Ok maybe we were looking to run the stadium with a basic finish plus safety stuff in place but they look like they are going for a completion before the game are played there now.

Do we have contractors that can post up close up pictures of the stands and various areas to give us fans better knowledge of the position?

This Vital Spurs editor is crap. The iPad slows incredibly when you use it. I find that if you back track and take out a letter typing at normal speed, it takes out a line and then keeps going on deleting. You have to type it all again. As you see from the last post, I deleted a letter and it took out the end of quote from Wanderers post. Infuriating!
Will the techies please sort it out. The iPad doesn’t do it with anything else. It’s just this.

This Vital Spurs editor is crap. The iPad slows incredibly when you use it. I find that if you back track and take out a letter typing at normal speed, it takes out a line and then keeps going on deleting. You have to type it all again. As you see from the last post, I deleted a letter and it took out the end of quote from Wanderers post. Infuriating!
Will the techies please sort it out. The iPad doesn’t do it with anything else. It’s just this.

Doesn't bother my iPad.

What happened to the edit facility ?
It’s not just the edit facility, it doesn’t allow you to write easily either. Sometimes it will but as soon as you put up a fairly large post, it slows down slower than snail pace, I’m standing waiting for it to catch up. It would be no good me trying to compete with ‘80’s’ long posts or EX’s. I’ll try the next one on my PC and see what happens. If ‘80’ says it’s fine on his iPad, then great but mine isn’t good. Writing works ok in all other apps. Now it worked for this post ok. ???

Wednesday 19th. They are collecting all the protective boards off the pitch to clear it. Yeeaaah. We should see some progress on the turf etc now. They’ve also started on the lower north stand seating, so that should be finished soon. That’s the final bit of the seating more or less. THINGS IS LOOKING UP LADS! There’s just the small matter of getting right what goes on, ON THE PITCH.

COME ON YOU SPURS, GET YER FINGERS OUT.

I used to have that problem on my iPad but it disappeared ages ago...have you got the latest iOS release installed and latest release of your browser?

I used to have that problem on my iPad but it disappeared ages ago...have you got the latest iOS release installed and latest release of your browser?
Yes Harry, it updates automatically. It varies, at the moment it’s a little better but when it’s bad it can be VERY frustrating. It seems to be outside of my control.

The pitch is cleared now by the way and the other screen is being tested as well. Things are getting better and the agricultural lighting is being tested too.