The Stadium! | Page 123 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

RD , I know from previous threads that we are miles apart in our mindsets about supporting Tottenham ,but that's fair enough ....
But what happened to your comment about not having the demand?
The club were told the capacity by the council and sold those tickets .the demand doesn't come into it ...
Do you really expect the club to sell out Wembley at 90,000 for every game .......really ?....what were our attendances last season when there were plenty of empty seats .......but ....
As in the past , you have made your comments , I don't agree with what you said . I put my comments and we move on

Of course I don't expect us to fill out a 90k stadium every week. I doubt we will sell out a 61k seater once the novelty wears off either. I am one of the few that think our ambition regarding stadium size is over optimistic. At this stage of our progression anyway.

Demand does come into it. The club and council clearly agree a set amount of games per season that the top tier must be closed. Cardiff was clearly chosen as we would never have sold the stadium out. We wouldn't shut the top tier for a United or gooner game for example.

Regarding last years attendances, the big games pretty much sold out as expected. But neutral fans have helped.

The cup games and cannon fodder games go from anything from 23 thousand - 55 thousand. Just a rough look though.

TBH and IMO, the wembley attraction has worn off. I am led to believe that the fans that got refunds from the season tickets are now being selective as to which matches they want to watch at Wembley. It really is a nightmare at and around Wembley for access. The issue exacerbated by the indifferent displays from the team, lousy atmosphere and a long trek home mulling over what's happened to our Spurs!. I think there's a general pissed-off-ness.

82k attended the Barca game. Selective attendance seems to be the case imo. Thank gawd we didn't play the Carabao tie there, would've been a lot of echo in the place.

CS , any attendance to a sporting event is selective, but I understand your comments on Wembley .
It really is a torrid experience getting to and away from the stadium . Once your in there the atmosphere hardly makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

I've been selective with my ST this year but did hear of people who couldn't get tickets for Cardiff so seems we sold out of whatever allocation we had in mind, it's clear Poch wasn't aware the top tier wasn't available though.

Thanks for sharing.

What was the median for both PL and cup games?
Hi Pollo
League cup....................30,000
CL...................................69,500
FA cup............................49,000
PL ..................................69,000
Season 2017/18 at Wembley

83,000 for Juventus , beaten by 84,000 for FACup game v manure which obviously wasn't a " home " game so can't be included in the figures . Being the semi final ,it was a " neutral " venue !

Hi Pollo
League cup....................30,000
CL...................................69,500
FA cup............................49,000
PL ..................................69,000
Season 2017/18 at Wembley

83,000 for Juventus , beaten by 84,000 for FACup game v manure which obviously wasn't a " home " game so can't be included in the figures . Being the semi final ,it was a " neutral " venue !

Median and average for PL identical? That's improbable.

Nope......how many more times do you want to move the goalposts . The average is the average

To be fair this wasn't the original debate. You were implying the empty tier wouldn't have happened if not for the council agreement. I didn't agree.

Fair enough. We are still down by 10k average from last season. Might be to do with the easy start.

Anyway, we move on like always. :thumbup:

The economic situation ain't helping. In my business sales are affected big time when things get tight. I am way down on last year on some types of luxury goods. People don't spend on non essentials if they are struggling. This is of course a debate to be had elsewhere but Wembley tickets I figure represent more casual or neutral spectators?

Sorry mate ,I've given you the averages . I ain't got time to work out the median figures . I'd lose he will to live ha ha

Geek post alert.

Median is 67862. 11 games with lower attendance than average which shows that the highest attendance slightly skews both average and median.

Distribution is as follows:
5 matches in the 50's, 6 in the 60's, 4 in both 70's and 80's.

The 4 matches in 80's were against Arse, Pool, ManU, ManC - 3 of the other top 4 teams plus the Arse, which makes perfect sense. Average for these games is 81709 and median is 81402.

70's are Leicester, Chavs, Everton and Bmouth. Average for these games is 75295 and median is 74919.

So 7 out of the 8 top selling PL matches were against other teams from the top 9 in almost corresponding positions, average for these games is 78502, Median is 79326.

For the 11 games against other teams the average attendance was 60451, and median 62202.

TL;DR
There is an expected, but quite a substantial drop in attendance when playing lower ranked teams, and our attendabce numbers vs the big boys completely skew the average.

The economic situation ain't helping. In my business sales are affected big time when things get tight. I am way down on last year on some types of luxury goods. People don't spend on non essentials if they are struggling. This is of course a debate to be had elsewhere but Wembley tickets I figure represent more casual or neutral spectators?

I know how you feel NRD. My business has been very quiet the last few months compared to last year. Starting to pick up now though. Like any business I guess you have the good times and bad times.

Geek post alert.

Median is 67862. 11 games with lower attendance than average which shows that the highest attendance slightly skews both average and median.

Distribution is as follows:
5 matches in the 50's, 6 in the 60's, 4 in both 70's and 80's.

The 4 matches in 80's were against Arse, Pool, ManU, ManC - 3 of the other top 4 teams plus the Arse, which makes perfect sense. Average for these games is 81709 and median is 81402.

70's are Leicester, Chavs, Everton and Bmouth. Average for these games is 75295 and median is 74919.

So 7 out of the 8 top selling PL matches were against other teams from the top 9 in almost corresponding positions, average for these games is 78502, Median is 79326.

For the 11 games against other teams the average attendance was 60451, and median 62202.

TL;DR
There is an expected, but quite a substantial drop in attendance when playing lower ranked teams, and our attendabce numbers vs the big boys completely skew the average.

So on average the new stadium will be full?

So on average the new stadium will be full?
I'd love it to be the case, but would list the following for consideration:

1. Will the away fans allocation not be lower than Wembley?...if so, we assume the rest of the stadium will be full on average?

2. I agree with another poster that Wembley is an attraction for 'passers by', one timers, neutrals.

3. Just picking up on the attendance v Leicester. Was it 'the last game of the season' effect?

3. Ticket prices?

We'll soon know. There sure will be the novelty effect of the new stadium and will probably take about 12 months to get some stable figures (Just like the time it takes to bed in our new signings!).