The Stadium! | Page 122 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Was watching on camera 6 this morning and one of the pitch trays was still separated from the other two , nothing was happening , apart from three guys putting a few seats in .
Went back just now and the the tray has been closed up and the sub base over the " joins " in the three trays has been grouted in . The whole pitch area is now clear ,so it's looking good for the pitch laying .

Green side up ,lads .........don't fuck it up now......

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: < that's the blokes laying the grass. :wahey:

When I am watching a the live cam from the North stand, full screen and I get close to the screen, not half jump when a contractor walks across the cam!. To my anger however, I often see them fiddling with their phone....I'd ban the friggin personal phones. Reckon at least half an hour per day per staff is lost through phone usage. May be I am just old fashioned.

Grass is being laid as I type this.
Rolls of turf ,grown in Holland under our groundsmen careful eye being delivered over the next three days in refrigerated Lorries

#NewStadium
Historic moment as our new pitch arrives home
02 October 2018|Tottenham Hotspur

An historic moment is taking place at our new stadium this morning.
The first rolls of our new pitch are now being laid – something all fans have no doubt been looking forward to.
The grass surface has been prepared in Holland, with members of the Club’s groundstaff based there over the past eight weeks to ensure the pitch was in optimum condition ahead of its arrival in London.
The hybrid stabilised turf, reinforced by polypropylene strands, is similar to the pitch we had at White Hart Lane.
The turf is being brought to the UK in 23 refrigerated lorries over the course of the next three days. Each strip of turf is cut at 2.4m wide x 12m long, with each roll weighing approximately 1.5 tonnes.
The rolls will be lifted and laid by specially designed machines to accommodate the weight.
Stay tuned across all Club channels over the coming days to witness the progress of this exciting milestone.
You can watch the pitch being laid via our live stadium web cams throughout the process. Please note, it will be necessary to temporarily switch off some cameras intermittently as we move equipment within the stadium. We shall endeavour to restore all live camera feeds as soon as it is feasible to do so.

Just over 43 thousand at the game today, shock horror. The same will happen at the new stadium. It's a cert.

ST holders being refunded for all games and being able to cherry pick the ones they attend at Wembley, whilst it's the right move on the club's part, is also going to lead to poor attendances at less glamorous games.

Whilst the new stadium may have some poorly attended games in cup comps I suspect it'll be fairly consistently decent for league games.

I don’t understand why people are saying 43k is a bad attendance

Be the third highest this weekend.

ST holders being refunded for all games and being able to cherry pick the ones they attend at Wembley, whilst it's the right move on the club's part, is also going to lead to poor attendances at less glamorous games.

Whilst the new stadium may have some poorly attended games in cup comps I suspect it'll be fairly consistently decent for league games.

For the first 3/4 seasons most cup games will be sold out as people will want to visit.

So 90k stadium with the top tier holding 39k. That means we had 43k attending out of 51k available. That's about 85% full against league's bottom club. Must admit, can't be too worried about that. You can't get a trend from one data point :-)

So 90k stadium with the top tier holding 39k. That means we had 43k attending out of 51k available. That's about 85% full against league's bottom club. Must admit, can't be too worried about that. You can't get a trend from one data point :-)
We seem to have two threads on the same subject going on here , Muttley The crowd figures were further reduced because Cardiff failed to take up their allowance , which I would assume to be in the three thousand bracket .
They are the first team to achieve that dubious distinction of not being bothered to watch , and support their team at Wembley . Judging by what Warnock brought to the party , they seem to be a canny lot up there in the valleys

Ive copied the statement issued by the club back in September on the other thread " poch shock " explaining the low attendance

It does get very tiresome with the negativity on here . Really pisses me off

Certain games at the start of the season were agreed with the council. True. But the game was still named because we wouldn't get the demand for it. Lets not pretend we would have sold this game out if it wasn't for the restriction.

Look through our attendances last season, plenty of empty seats without the council restriction. Thousands of fans are pissed at club for numerous reasons. Paying the 2nd highest season ticket prices certainly hasn't helped.

Nothing to do with being negative it's calling it for what it really is. Owners fleecing their fans for their own personal gain.

Happy clappy ( for 80 ;-) ) shit pisses me off but hey what can you do.

Certain games at the start of the season were agreed with the council. True. But the game was still named because we wouldn't get the demand for it. Lets not pretend we would have sold this game out if it wasn't for the restriction.

Look through our attendances last season, plenty of empty seats without the council restriction. Thousands of fans are pissed at club for numerous reasons. Paying the 2nd highest season ticket prices certainly hasn't helped.

Nothing to do with being negative it's calling it for what it really is. Owners fleecing their fans for their own personal gain.

Happy clappy ( for 80 ;-) ) shit pisses me off but hey what can you do.
RD , I know from previous threads that we are miles apart in our mindsets about supporting Tottenham ,but that's fair enough ....
But what happened to your comment about not having the demand?
The club were told the capacity by the council and sold those tickets .the demand doesn't come into it ...
Do you really expect the club to sell out Wembley at 90,000 for every game .......really ?....what were our attendances last season when there were plenty of empty seats .......but ....
As in the past , you have made your comments , I don't agree with what you said . I put my comments and we move on