The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

Hope for his sake Ross does OK. Think we've missed rather a lot of goals by not playing him.

Doubt he'd ever have got into double figures playing for us McP.
McCormack, like Hogan, isn't a player who would flourish having balls hoofed the length of the field to him.
Nor would they be much use trying to outjump 6'3" defenders for balls crossed in from either wing.
His forte, rather like Hogan, is creating space for a shot from balls played on the ground.
While Hogan makes clever little darting twisting runs, McCormack is very clever at making space by standing still and moving very late.
While I wanted Hogan, with the hope that the style of football we play would change to suit his strengths. I never wanted McCormack, not because of anything to do with his playing style but, to do with reports that he was a disruptive influence in every dressing room he'd been a part of.

Ross took just 7 minutes to score for his new side down under. Usain Bolt scored the other two.

Bet he has a smile on his face, probably been there since Steve got the sack.

It would be an interesting experiment, having Scott Hogan and Ross McCormack in the same team. They play very similar games in completely different ways.

It would be an interesting experiment, having Scott Hogan and Ross McCormack in the same team. They play very similar games in completely different ways.

Is this the Ross McCormack that is currently setting up goals for Usain Bolt in the (must be absolute quality standard of football if a 32 year old retired sprinter can just rock up and score goals :lol:) that is the Australian A league!. Really great prep for a return from 2 years out from playing in the championship.

No thanks the fat prick can stay where he is.

Is this the Ross McCormack that is currently setting up goals for Usain Bolt in the (must be absolute quality standard of football if a 32 year old retired sprinter can just rock up and score goals :lol:) that is the Australian A league!. Really great prep for a return from 2 years out from playing in the championship.

No thanks the fat prick can stay where he is.

Having wathced the goals, he had nothing to do with either of Bolts. Does say a lot about the standard out there though

Was going by BBC report which said he played a ball through for Bolts first goal.

Maybe there is another fat prick that looks like McCormack playing for them.

I didn't realise that was Fat Ross but it wasn't a through ball, just a 5 yard sideways pass 30 yards from goal. Bolts pace created it and poor keeping let him score it. The 2nd was as comical as Small Heaths winner in the league cup final

He scored a nice header today, and the first goal the ball is played over the top into space for Bolt to run onto ?

They say it`s McCormack but i can`t tell who it was.

Ross along with a few others, i am sure Smith will be looking at to see if they can be coached into his style of play.

Here we go..... McCormack gets mentioned for a performance in a friggin Australian league pre-season match and suddenly he's no longer a fat, lazy, alcoholic waster with a piss-poor attitude (who cannot get close to a place in the worst Scotland squad for 50+ years) and has completely disrespected Aston Villa....

Here we go..... McCormack gets mentioned for a performance in a friggin Australian league pre-season match and suddenly he's no longer a fat, lazy, alcoholic waster with a piss-poor attitude (who cannot get close to a place in the worst Scotland squad for 50+ years) and has completely disrespected Aston Villa....

Don't worry gmvillan. JT will know all about him from last season and will mark Deano's card.

This seems to be brought up every time mccormack scores in Australia. I don't care what problems he had with Bruce or whose fault it was the last time I saw him in claret and blue the man's condition and performance was nothing short of a disgrace.

In that same game Scott Hogan started, a man who seems to have had problems with Bruce also. He ran his arse off, scored 2 and clearly wanted to be playing football. A big contrast to Ross fecking mccormack.

We bought a player who never had a problem scoring in this league. Time will tell us how bad Steve Bruce, awful man management and a complete chancer stuck in the dark ages, I know it's history but he was shit, truly shit.

I may have disagreed with Brucies tactics but NO not having it that he got it wrong with Mcgatesstuck . Any player who will not turn up for training cannot be bothered to try to fit in deserves what he got Bruce was right so let the fat chancer rot.

Makes great economic sense to let a player on £50k a week rot in Australia and devalue his worth, when we could get him back, work with him and get him scoring goals for us, so we stand a better chance of moving him on, for somewhere near the money we paid for him.
All because a manager took an instant dislike to a player he didn't buy.
Great way to run a business.