The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

I'm surprised this thread is still going to be honest.

Stupid decision to give him a pay rise if we get promoted, but aside from that, he has nothing to do with Villa as far as I'm concerned. Shame, but he's obviously pissed on his chips, so fuck him off on loan somewhere and just take the hit.

At least not coughing up Gabby's 'wages' will help soften the blow.

He and Bruce are obviously never going to see eye to eye, so best for all if we can sell him. His wages may be a stumbling block, unless one of the relegated PL clubs are prepared to give him a go.

Back to Australia if we are to believe the Daily Heil?

EDIT: I guess it must be true as someone took a picture of him at Heathrow waiting for his plane and just about to tuck into a quick snack before boarding a Qantas flight.

"Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack is poised to join up with former sprint king Usain Bolt at Central Coast Mariners in Australia.
The Scotland international is one of the most prolific goalscorers in the Championship but has no place in Steve Bruce's plans."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-join-Usain-Bolt-Central-Coast-Mariners.htmlT2A5126-14.jpg

Last edited:
Such a shame, obviously had the talent but I have to concede, he must be a right ******* with our shortage of goals from strikers if he couldn't be used.

I do so hate wasters in life.

Such a shame, obviously had the talent but I have to concede, he must be a right ******* with our shortage of goals from strikers if he couldn't be used.

I do so hate wasters in life.

... wouldn't be the first player Bruce hasn't wanted to use. With a different manager he might well be fine. Likewise dressing rooms; some he might fit into with no bother, others he might upset people (not necessarily a bad thing). As far as we know he's always wanted to play, and he's happy to go to Aus to do it.

... wouldn't be the first player Bruce hasn't wanted to use. With a different manager he might well be fine. Likewise dressing rooms; some he might fit into with no bother, others he might upset people (not necessarily a bad thing). As far as we know he's always wanted to play, and he's happy to go to Aus to do it.

I never understood why Australia. I mean, it's a nice place and all but surely all of the SPL clubs would want him?

Thing that really pisses me off, is despite the fact he's a bit of a ******, he at least scored goals at all the other clubs he was at, even Melbourne or whoever.

Gets a great move to Villa and decides he can't be arsed?

Good riddance.

How do you know Bruce didn't want to use him ?

How do you know he always wanted to play?

Can't really see why you give him the benefit of the doubt and not Bruce and everyone else (coaching staff, medical staff, player welfare).
The club spent 12 million on him why would they not make every effort and resources available to get him back playing?. Why would they wash their hands for no reason and not play someone who could help get the club promoted .

Has he gone yet?...........

Oh, hold on, I thought this was the Bruce thread......... oh well, never mind, same thoughts.....

I’m not defending McCormack as he comes across as an utter ****** and I’ll be glad to see the back of him - the couldn’t handle he size and expectations of the club and needs to stick with the mid tier championship clubs.

That said, Bruce was playing him out wide from from what I remember, I’m pretty sure he always plays down the middle and drops in the hole occasionally.

Just a recipe for disaster, an unfit and uninterested player playing for a manager who didn’t buy him and then played him out of his best position.

He won the lottery when he signed for Villa and now is on holiday in Australia. Made for life if he doesn't piss it away.

Who are the mugs in all this? It's what can happen when such immoral amounts of money are on offer. He clearly has no respect for the terms of his contract, has been unable to resolve his differences with Bruce and has just thought I'm alright Jack, fuck you.

Last edited:
How do you know Bruce didn't want to use him ?

How do you know he always wanted to play?

Can't really see why you give him the benefit of the doubt and not Bruce and everyone else (coaching staff, medical staff, player welfare).
The club spent 12 million on him why would they not make every effort and resources available to get him back playing?. Why would they wash their hands for no reason and not play someone who could help get the club promoted .

If you actually read what I wrote, the word "might" occurs frequently. No I'm not prepared to assume that Bruce is in the right about this and McCormack is the villain. Fact is nobody knows. I haven't the faintest why you drag coaching staff, medical staff and player welfare into this; are you party to knowledge none of the rest of us have?

There's a load of assumptions about Ross which are based on very little evidence and completely one sided. I'm not being one-sided in the other direction by querying them.

I'm going on the fact that under RDM, when Kodjia had barely arrived and hadn't got into his scoring boots, McCormack was our most effective forward. Bruce ditches him pretty quickly, along with Elphick and others. Bruce also a bit later decides to out him with Macgate (which McCormack maintains was a distortion of the truth) which effectively puts him beyond the pale. Evidence indeed of a massive gulf between manager and player, but not much more. McCormack was willing to go out on loan so wants to play (and had a successful spell in Australia).

Given the fact we have a crap manager who seems to take a wholly subjective view of players, I'm not prepared to ditch the notion that Bruce is at least as much to blame in this. That's not the same as saying that it's all his fault. I do however have a strong suspicion that he carries some of the blame.

Reactions: OVB
I’m not defending McCormack as he comes across as an utter ****** and I’ll be glad to see the back of him - the couldn’t handle he size and expectations of the club and needs to stick with the mid tier championship clubs.

That said, Bruce was playing him out wide from from what I remember, I’m pretty sure he always plays down the middle and drops in the hole occasionally.

Just a recipe for disaster, an unfit and uninterested player playing for a manager who didn’t buy him and then played him out of his best position.

He was pretty poor under RDM as well.

He was pretty poor under RDM as well.

I just love the way people expect a new player to hit the ground running and when they don't, those same people slag off the player unfairly.
It takes time to fit into a new team, with a new system of play etc.
It also doesn't help that both McCormack and Hogan are players who live off balls played through the opposition defence, on the ground and, so will not fit into a system that employs two wingers throwing crosses into the penalty area, or a centreback hoofing the ball 75 yards up the pitch for 6'6" defenders to gobble up.

I thought the purchase of McCormack was stupid and should never have been sanctioned. There isn't a club he's been at, that would willingly have him back because of the disruption he brings to the dressing room.
This was highlighted when Fulham thought about buying him back, until the club was told, that if they did bring him back, the entire squad would go on the sick list and ask for transfers.