The Ross McCormack Thread | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
Hopefully worth starting a new thread!?

"Aston Villa have beaten Norwich to the signing of Fulham striker Ross McCormack after agreeing a £14million deal.
The Scotland international will travel to the Midlands on Wednesday to sign a four year contract."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3719927/Aston-Villa-beat-Norwich-14m-signing-Fulham-striker-Ross-McCormack.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Perhaps this means they will not go for Bamford but I hope they do, along with two in midfield who can see a pass, and a couple of defenders, at least one strong CB and a RB.

Very happy about this despite the fee. Had just about enough of these 'future stars' who we've signed over the years who never live up to the hype anyway. We need proven players at Championship level and this guy fits the bill.

Thinking about "future stars" can wait. It's the present we are in bloody earnest about. Hope this goes through.

The fee is crazy but that is modern football. We obviously need a goal scorer and there are not many around so hopefully this goes through and, with 2 or 3 more additions, we can push for promotion.

It is a lot of money, but goalscorers win games. Hope the deal gets completed one or two other good signings and I may start to feel positive again about the season ahead.

romanianvillan - 3/8/2016 00:02

I don't give a fuck how much he costs as long as he scores goals for us!!

Exactly romanianvillan.

His age, the fee, it's all immaterial.

If his goals help get us promoted, then at £14m he comes cheap.

Brilliant news.

I don't care about the fee, goalscorers are worth their weight in gold, and he is a goalscorer in our division, you can't argue with that record.

Looking at his goalscoring stats, it is staggering that no Premier League team were after him

Cardiff - 74 apps (25 goals)
Leeds - 140 apps (53 goals)
Fulham - 89 apps (38 goals)

That really is not bad at all

Well, fingers crossed.

As said above, fee doesn't really matter, especially if Dr X is as wealthy as he claims.

I just have reservations because we haven't had a decent 20-goal striker for years. And does anyone think our midfield as it stands can provide the service?

Oh well, let's see....

4 year contract? Is he not 30? It's a good deal for him I recon, hope he gets the goals we need.

Good start, but that is all it is, a start.

Proven championship forward who shoulx guarentee goals and assists.

Now we need someone to compliment him to put away those assists, and two wingers and a creative midfielder to supply him for the goals.

Why we have waited until 48 hours of the season ki k off? God only knows.

Lets hope he signs, until he is pictured in a villa shirt, i am not getting too excited

A decent forward will demand the ball from however crap the midfielder may be, we need someone who can stretch a defence plus create space.

This would be a good signing although Hepburn-Murphy is also ready.

I can't handle too much positivity haha. Lets hope that he doesn't join the ranks of the other overpaid freeloaders in the twilight of their faltering careers, luxuriating in the high tech and palatial surroundings of Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park

What happened to my swap deal with Gabby and Gestede? RDM and Dr X out

This is exactly what I have been waiting for. A statement of intent, ambition and something to get us all excited.

No player has scored more goals in the Championship over the last 3 years.
No player has created more chances from open play over the last 3 years.

As added bonuses he is experienced, has Championship know how, is a leader and can take a bloody good free kick.

Can't say I've seen much of him but the record looks good.
Hopefully he'll be better than the last proven at Championship level goal getter we snapped up.