The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

If you actually read what I wrote, the word "might" occurs frequently. No I'm not prepared to assume that Bruce is in the right about this and McCormack is the villain. Fact is nobody knows. I haven't the faintest why you drag coaching staff, medical staff and player welfare into this; are you party to knowledge none of the rest of us have?

There's a load of assumptions about Ross which are based on very little evidence and completely one sided. I'm not being one-sided in the other direction by querying them.

I'm going on the fact that under RDM, when Kodjia had barely arrived and hadn't got into his scoring boots, McCormack was our most effective forward. Bruce ditches him pretty quickly, along with Elphick and others. Bruce also a bit later decides to out him with Macgate (which McCormack maintains was a distortion of the truth) which effectively puts him beyond the pale. Evidence indeed of a massive gulf between manager and player, but not much more. McCormack was willing to go out on loan so wants to play (and had a successful spell in Australia).

Given the fact we have a crap manager who seems to take a wholly subjective view of players, I'm not prepared to ditch the notion that Bruce is at least as much to blame in this. That's not the same as saying that it's all his fault. I do however have a strong suspicion that he carries some of the blame.

Erm ... I did read what you wrote thanks.
And you did use the word 'might'. However, only in the sense that Bruce did not want to use him and Fat boy might have wanted to play. To balance that you could have said... but..Bruce might have wanted to play him but Fat boy didn't want to play. So you wrote something that seemed unbalanced against Bruce and came across as Fat boy not shouldering any blame in this.

And I mentioned the medical staff etc... to make the point that in order to get Fat boy to play everyone, and not just Bruce (as seems to be the common opinion) plays a part. This is top level football not Sunday league where the manager does everything. If Fat boy has physical, mental, addictive problems the club as a whole has a duty to help him . And they would have tried. He would have got all the help he wanted, but at the end of the day he had to help himself. He hasn't because he would be playing. Because, i say again, the club cannot out of choice write off 12 million . So it's in their interest to sort it out positively. Why would anyone, including Bruce, not want a 20 goal a season striker to start firing ?.

No matter what people I say, until I hear evidence to the contrary, my opinion on this is that it has ultimately become the players issue and problem .

Erm ... I did read what you wrote thanks.
And you did use the word 'might'. However, only in the sense that Bruce did not want to use him and Fat boy might have wanted to play. To balance that you could have said... but..Bruce might have wanted to play him but Fat boy didn't want to play. So you wrote something that seemed unbalanced against Bruce and came across as Fat boy not shouldering any blame in this.

And I mentioned the medical staff etc... to make the point that in order to get Fat boy to play everyone, and not just Bruce (as seems to be the common opinion) plays a part. This is top level football not Sunday league where the manager does everything. If Fat boy has physical, mental, addictive problems the club as a whole has a duty to help him . And they would have tried. He would have got all the help he wanted, but at the end of the day he had to help himself. He hasn't because he would be playing. Because, i say again, the club cannot out of choice write off 12 million . So it's in their interest to sort it out positively. Why would anyone, including Bruce, not want a 20 goal a season striker to start firing ?.

No matter what people I say, until I hear evidence to the contrary, my opinion on this is that it has ultimately become the players issue and problem .

Sigh ....when nearly everyone is hurling shit at McCormack, using "might" is a reasonable way of suggesting that there are other possibilities. That isn't being unbalanced unless you think that suggesting that there is the possibility that Bruce might not be blameless in this is totally, utterly and unforgiveably anti-Bruce.

For the record, I don't think there's any evidence whatever that McCormack doesn't want to play. Nor that he has physical, mental and addictive problems which have defeated the club's staff right across the board. The fact that he went off to Aus and had a pretty successful spell there would suggest otherwise. If this doesn't fit in with what you want to think of him so be it. The only hint of a problem was that when he first came to Villa he found out that his wife wasn't prepared to follow him, which may have left him a bit out of sorts.

Why would anyone, including Bruce, not want a 20 goal a season striker to start firing? I don't know, but then Bruce's decisions mystify me. That's putting it politely.

Sigh ....when nearly everyone is hurling shit at McCormack, using "might" is a reasonable way of suggesting that there are other possibilities. That isn't being unbalanced unless you think that suggesting that there is the possibility that Bruce might not be blameless in this is totally, utterly and unforgiveably anti-Bruce.

For the record, I don't think there's any evidence whatever that McCormack doesn't want to play. Nor that he has physical, mental and addictive problems which have defeated the club's staff right across the board. The fact that he went off to Aus and had a pretty successful spell there would suggest otherwise. If this doesn't fit in with what you want to think of him so be it. The only hint of a problem was that when he first came to Villa he found out that his wife wasn't prepared to follow him, which may have left him a bit out of sorts.

Why would anyone, including Bruce, not want a 20 goal a season striker to start firing? I don't know, but then Bruce's decisions mystify me. That's putting it politely.

Well looks like we won't agree on this will we ?.

I'll leave it with this though.

Steve Bruce and Ross McCormack.

One of those turned out for our club and did his best (whether good enough or not) when his mother and father were seriously ill and then tragically passed away within a short space of time. All the while not asking for sympathy, making excuses or moaning. Just professionally gave his best in the worst circumstances.

The other didn't turn out because his drive gates wouldn't open and has proceeded to take money from our club without lifting a finger and effectively taking the piss out of you, me and villa fans everywhere.

I know who I back on this .

Sigh....

Last edited:
If Steve Bruce, as manager, will not pick Ross McCormack to play in the team and has stated that there is no way back for McCormack and has not even given McCormack a squad number this season, how is it McCormack's fault that he isn't allowed to contribute to the club?
It is obvious that McCormack wants to play, he's willing to travel 28,000 miles to get a game.
The rage against McCormack for taking money out of the club is ridiculous, there is no rage at Bruce for costing the club that wage for no return and for costing the club a possible transfer fee, by binning the player.

If Steve Bruce, as manager, will not pick Ross McCormack to play in the team and has stated that there is no way back for McCormack and has not even given McCormack a squad number this season, how is it McCormack's fault that he isn't allowed to contribute to the club?
It is obvious that McCormack wants to play, he's willing to travel 28,000 miles to get a game.
The rage against McCormack for taking money out of the club is ridiculous, there is no rage at Bruce for costing the club that wage for no return and for costing the club a possible transfer fee, by binning the player.

Exaggeration to say 'rage' to be honest.

Anyway, as stated Fat boys actions have backed the club into a corner leaving no other option. His fault in the first place for not bothering to turn up at training and we need the whole squad pulling together. He is been a bad influence at other clubs aswell. Given the chance at Forest. They didn't want him either.

And wanting to play ? Oh yeah very ambitious going to play in the Australian league. Fact is he is trouble and going the other side of the world to play in a tin pot league sums him up. Could have stayed and played in this country or Europe. But no he is bottles it and takes an easier option.

Exaggeration to say 'rage' to be honest.

Anyway, as stated Fat boys actions have backed the club into a corner leaving no other option. His fault in the first place for not bothering to turn up at training and we need the whole squad pulling together. He is been a bad influence at other clubs aswell. Given the chance at Forest. They didn't want him either.

And wanting to play ? Oh yeah very ambitious going to play in the Australian league. Fact is he is trouble and going the other side of the world to play in a tin pot league sums him up. Could have stayed and played in this country or Europe. But no he is bottles it and takes an easier option.

And just where in this country could he have played?
As for not turning up for training, shouldn't that be handled internally by the club, probably by fines, (you know, you don't turn up for work today, you don't get paid), and not splashed all over the papers.
The man did have family worries, maybe the club could have helped a little bit more.

And just where in this country could he have played?
As for not turning up for training, shouldn't that be handled internally by the club, probably by fines, (you know, you don't turn up for work today, you don't get paid), and not splashed all over the papers.
The man did have family worries, maybe the club could have helped a little bit more.

Again. Presuming the club didn't help ?.
As for not getting paid for not turning up. Won't happen. Not on the contacts these lot nowadays are on . And it would get disputed between them anyway.
Find it funny that we should be giving him a chance as he will do a job yet apparently 91 other teams in the country don"t want to.
Given a chance at Forest and in Oz yet still no one comes in ?. Let alone.....shock horror....fat boy himself says 'do you know what I just want to play football, tear my contract up so I can go somewhere and play".

Nah he's happy on his fat arse being paid millions. Disgrace.

This is just another stick that the anti Bruce agenda can wave. Maybe he is not completely blameless but I never here anyone else at the club be criticised in this. It's not just down to Bruce. Can't be.

Again. Presuming the club didn't help ?.
As for not getting paid for not turning up. Won't happen. Not on the contacts these lot nowadays are on . And it would get disputed between them anyway.
Find it funny that we should be giving him a chance as he will do a job yet apparently 91 other teams in the country don"t want to.
Given a chance at Forest and in Oz yet still no one comes in ?. Let alone.....shock horror....fat boy himself says 'do you know what I just want to play football, tear my contract up so I can go somewhere and play".

This is just another stick that the anti Bruce agenda can wave. Maybe he is not completely blameless but I never here anyone else at the club be criticised in this. It's not just down to Bruce. Can't be.
Nah he's happy on his fat arse being paid millions. Disgrace.

Again before you criticise what I wrote, why don't you actually read what I wrote properly, instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion just to suit your point of view.
And just in case, I'll help you.

I actually wrote, "maybe the club could have helped a little bit more."

So tell me how that's presuming that the club didn't help?

And if McCormack said all he wants to do is play football and to rip up his contract so he could go somewhere else and play, (proving it by travelling 28000 miles to play in Australia), how does that lead you to think that he's happy to just sit on his arse and collect his wages.

Why Bruce gets stick for it, is that he's got a history of doing the same thing everywhere else he's been, including with Elphick, which has put the club in an even bigger hole.

Again before you criticise what I wrote, why don't you actually read what I wrote properly, instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion just to suit your point of view.
And just in case, I'll help you.

I actually wrote, "maybe the club could have helped a little bit more."

So tell me how that's presuming that the club didn't help?

And if McCormack said all he wants to do is play football and to rip up his contract so he could go somewhere else and play, (proving it by travelling 28000 miles to play in Australia), how does that lead you to think that he's happy to just sit on his arse and collect his wages.

Why Bruce gets stick for it, is that he's got a history of doing the same thing everywhere else he's been, including with Elphick, which has put the club in an even bigger hole.

Don't be so sensitive. I'm not criticising what you wrote at all. It's called a discussion/debate. I just don't agree with what you are saying .

As for Bruce's history of doing this. Please enlighten me with examples because I genuinely don't know . Sounds a bit of a sweeping statement.

And in any case it comes across like Bruce is the first ever manager to not get on/clash or boot players out. Happens all the time. Always has and always will.

Don't be so sensitive. I'm not criticising what you wrote at all. It's called a discussion/debate. I just don't agree with what you are saying .

As for Bruce's history of doing this. Please enlighten me with examples because I genuinely don't know . Sounds a bit of a sweeping statement.

And in any case it comes across like Bruce is the first ever manager to not get on/clash or boot players out. Happens all the time. Always has and always will.

Disagree with my point of view all you like but, disagree with what I write instead of making up complete rubbish.

And yes every manager gets rid of players they don't fancy when they come to a club but, they do it in a way that doesn't hurt the club financially, unlike Bruce.

Disagree with my point of view all you like but, disagree with what I write instead of making up complete rubbish.

And yes every manager gets rid of players they don't fancy when they come to a club but, they do it in a way that doesn't hurt the club financially, unlike Bruce.

5 likes for what I have written today about Fat boy

Zero likes for you.

Would suggest I may not be writing complete rubbish.

Bye.

5 likes for what I have written today about Fat boy

Zero likes for you.

Would suggest I may not be writing complete rubbish.

Bye.

The rubbish you wrote was in your first sentence.
It was about presuming the club had done nothing to help, which is not what I wrote nor infered.
I suggested that, maybe, the club could have helped a bit more.
Nothing there to suggest I thought the club had done nothing.
And it's things like that, that are complete misrepresentations of what people have actually written, that causes so much anger and even hurt in some cases.
When things like that happen in face to face debates they can lead to violence.
Luckily, these things cause me neither anger nor hurt, just great disappointment that something I've written is misrepresented just to make a cheap point by someone whose writing I normally enjoy.

Good riddance you fat waste of space.

He's joined Central Coast Mariners on a season long loan.

He'll be joining super athlete Usain Bolt.

Chalk & Cheese or what!

Mmmmmmmm... Cheese... says Ross.

A potential strike partnership of mccormack and Bolt is interesting at least. Glad he's gone though. Ranks as one of the worst signings in villa's history and that's saying something.

The highest goalscorer in the championship when we bought him. Over 40million spent the season we came down and so far 2m recouped and 20ms worth out on loan with no resale value. Kodja ans Adomah still of value but one is 30 and the other 29. Still can't believe we wasted all that money after getting relegated.

The highest goalscorer in the championship when we bought him. Over 40million spent the season we came down and so far 2m recouped and 20ms worth out on loan with no resale value. Kodja ans Adomah still of value but one is 30 and the other 29. Still can't believe we wasted all that money after getting relegated.

And that PVB is one of the reasons we are revamping the recruitment process.