The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier , it's exactly the kind of reaction I want to see.

Who is ever happy to be subbed ?

Depends why he acted like a child, he wasn't very good again so was he angry with himself or did he have the deluded view he was playing so well Dean was wrong to sub him.
If it was the first fair enough , if the second he needs to fuck off back to Chelsea because we don't need disruptive players

Watching DS's face there was a bit of surprise as he caught it out the corner of his eye, but I wouldn't say any concern.

He just doesn't come across as a me, me, me player. I 100 % think this was a reaction to a run of poor form and was frustration. No problem with it today , just don't do it often . Shows me he gives a shit tbh.

He was actually better today but still not making the contribution he needs to with his ability and the level he was at pre-injury.
His time at villa so far is a microcosm of his career.

Oh , and Andy Gray :Fingers:. . Paragon of virtue . Dinosaur in every way and thank god him and his crony Keys are not on my screen anymore.

Having read that Chelsea blog it seems what you see is what you get with Ross an inconstant player that is occasionally brilliant but mostly frustrating

Yep, his 6 months with us as you say, very much resembles what’s written about him there. Emphasises why he’s not really kicked on since leaving Everton.

I think this is a fair assessment of the player we have on loan. Seems Ross is normally just like he's been for us so far
https://allthingschelsea.blog/2020/05/24/__trashed-3/

How very interesting. It sounds like one of his best performances there was against Liverpool. Just like his performances here this season? I expect its being an ex Evertonian? Sadly it might suggest he lacks personal motivation in other games? Hmmm

No way should we sign Barkley on his current showing. We need a consistent player in that position. More than anything I think he needs to focus on his fitness, he simply looks sluggish to me. In a successful side there's no room for passengers and I certainly wouldn't bring him in on the wages he would expect ie second only to Jack.

We have established ourselves back in the top division and have a good side. Come the summer transfer window I am hoping for £100m to be spent on two top class players and one of them has to be a no 10.

I know we are all hoping it's lack of fitness being the reason he's not really done it for us but surely dean wouldn't be playing him if he wasn't fit

We have been here before as fans though with players not coming back straight away from injury and performing and writing them off .Most recently with SJM.
Barkley is fit, Mcginn was fit but we are talking about form In relation to the injury not can they last 90mins.

Issue with Ross as I have said is that this is his career in a nutshell. He is quality. No doubt . But no good to us, as he wasn’t to Chelsea because of this cycle of injury he goes through.

We have been here before as fans though with players not coming back straight away from injury and performing and writing them off .Most recently with SJM.
Barkley is fit, Mcginn was fit but we are talking about form In relation to the injury not can they last 90mins.

Issue with Ross as I have said is that this is his career in a nutshell. He is quality. No doubt . But no good to us, as he wasn’t to Chelsea because of this cycle of injury he goes through.
The concern I'm starting to build is just a general lack of consistency. Even when he was injury free at Chelsea he seems to have had this levelled against him.

He is a good footballer, yes he's in and out through injury. Reading that blog I'd agree his decision making or football brain is also limited.
I'd seen him play loads of times on tv and a couple of times live but when he become a Villa player you start to study the content in more depth. Currently, he seems to slow us down, hang onto the ball and then do not much with it.
I noticed yesterday when Bert's effort came back to him he suddenly came alive when he thought he could score then went back to amble mode.
I wouldn't pay big money for him and I don't think we will

Well the positive is he is on loan.
So he is not our player.
His performances after injury have been shocking but before his injury he was looking great.
Juries out for me but will just have to give him a chance and the rest is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.