The Ross Barkley Thread | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything everyone above has said. If he can be a modern day Ian taylor for us I’ll be very happy.

Great signing, big signing, if it doesn’t work out it cost us just wages.

My reaction was.....WOW.
I'm not totally sold on him - but you never know. If he gets motivated and it clicks this could be a real change in the team. Exciting either way.

Just fantastic that we're able to attract this calibre of player now.

He's real, real quality. His highlights from the FA Cup last year:

My reaction was.....WOW.
I'm not totally sold on him - but you never know. If he gets motivated and it clicks this could be a real change in the team. Exciting either way.
I think that will change. Look he's not good enough for a title challenging side, not as a regular, but he's streets ahead of what we have in central midfield. It will become clear soon.

Great news , Welcome to Villa Park Mr Barkley.... hats off to the management for making this happen and our excellent owners NSWE.

England international, I rate him higher than Mason Mount for sure, obviously Frank doesn't

Frank is playing the “giving the youngsters a chance” card to get himself 2 years’ grace in the job without having to win anything.

A Chelsea fan in his 30’s I know said to me that he’s seen Chelsea win everything there is to win (literally seen it) so he’s quite happy with the way things are there, which was in interesting view.

I think that will change. Look he's not good enough for a title challenging side, not as a regular, but he's streets ahead of what we have in central midfield. It will become clear soon.

I said previously that he was never a chelsea player IMO. But I am very excited to see what he can do for us. I hope he's so good we buy him next season - and he loves us so much that he is the one asking us to buy him!

Frank is playing the “giving the youngsters a chance” card to get himself 2 years’ grace in the job without having to win anything.

A Chelsea fan in his 30’s I know said to me that he’s seen Chelsea win everything there is to win (literally seen it) so he’s quite happy with the way things are there, which was in interesting view.

Yes, you're right Dan, people don't seem to grasp you don't get an extra point because you have the youngest team, Southgate is trying the same trick to get himself some breathing space. Football is always about winning now not in two years .
Barkley is the perfect age at 26, hopefully, he'll be an upgrade on Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.