The Positive Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Positive Thread

Sad bugger that I am we always get there just before it opens and so miss the queues Bully but it's not very wheelchair friendly inside like the rest of Whitby which is a pity. We still do the abbey steps every visit to see how we're holding up physically, I'm still fine going up them but boy does it pull on the knees coming back down these days. No doubt there will come a time when the likes of Whitby is off our agenda and we're restricted to the more gentle slopes of Lincolnshire and Norfolk.
There is another set of steps you know, about 70 steps..... I think its called Greens yard, next to a shop called Creations, just over the bridge around the corner from the Dolphin pub.......... Might be easier on the pins

Mmmm, I love a bit of flat fish I do. My favourite (ahem) place to eat them around these parts is the Magpie at Whitby. Always nice and sweet tasting and you always get both halves 😋
View attachment 68808
We have been to the Sea View restaurant, on the sea front at Saltburn today. It was voted one of the 20 best places in the UK to eat. Having tried the Magpie earlier in the week I would say it is better. If any of you are that far North I would highly recommend it.

There is another set of steps you know, about 70 steps..... I think its called Greens yard, next to a shop called Creations, just over the bridge around the corner from the Dolphin pub.......... Might be easier on the pins
Yes they are easier on the knees Sab, we've used them now and again. A bench halfway up with a view over the harbour. (y)

Need to drag this thread back to positivity..........Brewster scored for the U21s earlier this week - needs some goals and playing time.

Hopefully this 2 week break will allow our remaining squad (most of the newcomers) to focus on their fitness/strength. And Hecky to have a think about what's to be done.....has to change the shape somehow surely

I think they are giving the rest of the squad a well earned break. LOL

Need to drag this thread back to positivity..........Brewster scored for the U21s earlier this week - needs some goals and playing time.

Hopefully this 2 week break will allow our remaining squad (most of the newcomers) to focus on their fitness/strength. And Hecky to have a think about what's to be done.....has to change the shape somehow surely
Here's some more positivity for ya Germaine,we won't lose this weekend(YAY) UTB

Do ya remember Andy Carpenter who worked in Baths at TREETON pit? Carpo passed away last week he was only 61,most remember him for him bein a fantastic artist/drawings and a top fella.UTB
I don’t remember the name
But, obviously I presume I would have known him
No age, RIP

After a 7 year wait, the Missis is finally getting her cataracts sorted bless her. I've no idea why it took them so long to refer her, her eyessight rapidly deteriorated and has been terrible since before Covid because of the condition, and yet we know several who have been referred who weren't even aware they had a problem.🤷🏻‍♂️

After a 7 year wait, the Missis is finally getting her cataracts sorted bless her. I've no idea why it took them so long to refer her, her eyessight rapidly deteriorated and has been terrible since before Covid because of the condition, and yet we know several who have been referred who weren't even aware they had a problem.🤷🏻‍♂️
Glad your lass is gettin seen too Gray.Hope when she can see properly she dunt think you've grown ugly tho mi owd pal.:giggle: UTB

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to what happens in the NHS
My wife has worked in the NHS for a long long time, and even she can’t figure it out
Hope all goes well for your good lady

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to what happens in the NHS
My wife has worked in the NHS for a long long time, and even she can’t figure it out
Hope all goes well for your good lady
NHS is a busted flush and it's getting even worse. But hey they can spend 100's of thousands on painting rainbow zebra crossings at hospitals and appointing DEI managers. That's saving lives and improving health ain't it?