The Positive Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Positive Thread

Brilliant day down here in Cornwall, warm and sunny, plenty of people on the beach and I had a good catch of flat fish in my nets. Great feeling today only spoilt by yesterday's result.View attachment 68807
Mmmm, I love a bit of flat fish I do. My favourite (ahem) place to eat them around these parts is the Magpie at Whitby. Always nice and sweet tasting and you always get both halves 😋
IMG_1586.jpeg

Mmmm, I love a bit of flat fish I do. My favourite (ahem) place to eat them around these parts is the Magpie at Whitby. Always nice and sweet tasting and you always get both halves 😋
View attachment 68808
Never actually gone in there always a queue (I know its a good sign) but when you’re only there for a few hrs I don’t want to spend half of it waiting in a queue
cant go now either as Whitby isn’t very wheelchair friendly 😞

Never actually gone in there always a queue (I know its a good sign) but when you’re only there for a few hrs I don’t want to spend half of it waiting in a queue
D'ya ever go to Cleethorpes wi your lass mi owd pal? Nice and flat for walkin and a few decent pubs.UTB

D'ya ever go to Cleethorpes wi your lass mi owd pal? Nice and flat for walkin and a few decent pubs.UTB
Always pal that’s the go to place we went beginning of last month I can take dog on the beach then we walk into town along the front to the pier,fish n chips and donuts along the way finished off with an ice cream it was a beautiful day too
39A0A62D-BA88-48C4-BC95-EDFE561517E2.jpeg

Always pal that’s the go to place we went beginning of last month I can take dog on the beach then we walk into town along the front to the pier,fish n chips and donuts along the way finished off with an ice cream it was a beautiful day too
View attachment 68813
Our 4 year old Grand daughter absolutely loves it at Cleeforks as she calls it.:LOL:A couple of hours on't beach then it's i'm hungry Grandad can we go to mucky pub for dinner please,she's been brought up so well.UTB

Our 4 year old Grand daughter absolutely loves it at Cleeforks as she calls it.:LOL:A couple of hours on't beach then it's i'm hungry Grandad can we go to mucky pub for dinner please,she's been brought up so well.UTB
Pubs out for me as I’m always driving 🤷‍♂️

Sad bugger that I am we always get there just before it opens and so miss the queues Bully but it's not very wheelchair friendly inside like the rest of Whitby which is a pity. We still do the abbey steps every visit to see how we're holding up physically, I'm still fine going up them but boy does it pull on the knees coming back down these days. No doubt there will come a time when the likes of Whitby is off our agenda and we're restricted to the more gentle slopes of Lincolnshire and Norfolk.

Sad bugger that I am we always get there just before it opens and so miss the queues Bully but it's not very wheelchair friendly inside like the rest of Whitby which is a pity. We still do the abbey steps every visit to see how we're holding up physically, I'm still fine going up them but boy does it pull on the knees coming back down these days. No doubt there will come a time when the likes of Whitby is off our agenda and we're restricted to the more gentle slopes of Lincolnshire and Norfolk.
We used to love it there take the dogs on the beach between sandsend and Whitby then drive in and have a walk about while the dogs slept their exertions off we always did the abbey it’s what you do when you’re there but as I said to rod cleethorpes is the only place now but it is beautiful there much nicer than brid or skeggy

View attachment 68813
Nowt wrong with Cleethorpes, love it, we've had some great days out there over the years.....Mablethorpe however, it's like an alternate reality. 😱

Nowt wrong with Cleethorpes, love it, we've had some great days out there over the years.....Mablethorpe however, it's like an alternate reality. 😱
Never understood mablethorpe there’s literally nothing there I’d get bored spending an hour there 🫤

Never understood mablethorpe there’s literally nothing there I’d get bored spending an hour there 🫤

I live in aunty mablethorpe.thats why I'm in a alternate reality then.
A family member had a caravan there next to a fishing lake in Mablethorpe so we had a few breaks down there a few years ago while I did some splodging. The caravan site itself was fine but wonder off into the town and it's like a morbidly obese episode of the Walking Dead...The most popular local pastime seemed to be to stare into the window of Dave's Cafe and point out what the diners were eating, but never actually use the cafe themselves.

In fairness though the beach was good, quiet and clean. Maybe because everybody was in town drooling over the diners? :LOL:

A family member had a caravan there next to a fishing lake in Mablethorpe so we had a few breaks down there a few years ago while I did some splodging. The caravan site itself was fine but wonder off into the town and it's like a morbidly obese episode of the Walking Dead...The most popular local pastime seemed to be to stare into the window of Dave's Cafe and point out what the diners were eating, but never actually use the cafe themselves.

In fairness though the beach was good, quiet and clean. Maybe because everybody was in town drooling over the diners? :LOL:
that cafe closed a few years ago,they stare into Gregg's now.joking aside 58 years in Sheffield was enough for me,been here 11 years now would never move back.We came here to die,we died 11 years ago.

We’ve developed a liking for Hornsea. The front and promenade are manageable, the town is okay, but the ‘Freeport’s where the pottery used to be is really only free of anything interesting and life in general.

that cafe closed a few years ago,they stare into Gregg's now.joking aside 58 years in Sheffield was enough for me,been here 11 years now would never move back.We came here to die,we died 11 years ago.
Yes I heard that Dave's had shut, we always ate there. It was supposedly award winning but wasn't there some sort of H&S problem and the council shut it down?? The caravan site we stopped at is Whispering Waters on Seaholme Rd and joking apart I always enjoyed my visits although as stated we didn't venture into the town much. We used to walk from the site down past the clock to the beach and then up towards Sutton and Skeggy or down the country lanes inland. Some lovely walks. Our neighbour retired to a bungalow in Mabletherpe last year and he's loving it.
I admire people who (if fit enough) fulfil their retirement plans. We certainly haven't because there always seemed to be a reason why the time wasn't right and that's still the case. Our only life decision now looks like being whether or not we need to find somewhere with a smaller garden before mi back gives up!:(

Last edited:
Yes I heard that Dave's had shut, we always ate there. It was supposedly award winning but wasn't there some sort of H&S problem and the council shut it down?? The caravan site we stopped at was Whispering Waters and joking apart I always enjoyed my visits although as stated we didn't venture into the town much. We used to walk from the site down past the clock to the beach and then up towards Sutton and Skeggy or down the country lanes inland. Some lovely walks. Our neighbour retired to a bungalow in Mabletherpe last year and he's loving it.
I admire people who (if fit enough) fulfil their retirement plans. We certainly haven't because there always seemed to be a reason why the time wasn't right and that's still the case. Our only decision now looks like being whether or not we need to find somewhere with a smaller garden before mi back gives up! :(
Get thisen on escape to the country but I’d avoid treeton !