The Politics Thread | Page 750 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I think I'm falling in love with Gillian Keegan. Her grasp of education and intelligence growth and understanding never fails to astound me.

The public are upset with the Gov and water companies over sewage because they have worked together to guarantee 100% reportage of sewer spills. We simply 'know' more now.

Not rising bills, not shareholder dividends or £25 million in 2 years (I believe) going to their thick and pointless executives, not least on the back of MASSIVE debt being grown to facilitate that whilst failing to invest in the system (which is where the borrowing should go, when exec bonuses and shareholder dividends had been fully used), let alone the environmental and health impacts of the sewage (that we then pay more for).

No, we 'know' more and give them a break, it fucking rained a bit more than they expected.

Jesus, and she said it with a straight face!

Owen Jones's video about why he quit Labour came up on my YouTube feed. I didn't watch it.

I really hate how these influencer kinds have to make everything about them. I've no problem with him quitting Labour. My problem is with him acting as though he is leading a revolution and we are all waiting with baited breath for his next instruction.

He has spent the past ten or fifteen years berating anyone who didn't think Labour were sent by God to save Britain.

Now he has had another think and decided that Labour aren't good enough. Perhaps he should spend his time going around apologising to everyone he was condescending to for disagreeing with him for the past decade.

Owen Jones's video about why he quit Labour came up on my YouTube feed. I didn't watch it.

I really hate how these influencer kinds have to make everything about them. I've no problem with him quitting Labour. My problem is with him acting as though he is leading a revolution and we are all waiting with baited breath for his next instruction.

He has spent the past ten or fifteen years berating anyone who didn't think Labour were sent by God to save Britain.

Now he has had another think and decided that Labour aren't good enough. Perhaps he should spend his time going around apologising to everyone he was condescending to for disagreeing with him for the past decade.
He is disgusting. Imagine knowing him personally? He is the modern day Judas. Pile driven into the same bin as Galloway.

Now he has had another think

:shake: he has reassessed how he can make more money and be more famous (in a dwindling circle) and clearly doesn't care that in the eyes of many he is now as relevant as Boris and the Lettuce as he has proven himself morally bankrupt in the chase for cash.

Hopefully his next job will be as Jeremy's brothers carer - fuck knows the shart needs the help, and shart now describes Owen ironically enough.

Galloway is a good reference Col!

As per a rant above, I think (maybe another thread), I hate the fact I thought he was a breath of fresh air and I agreed with him (not everything) but he's sold out and stands for nothing now.

He's let himself down, and if he is genuine at core and just acting out, he is going to regret that choice in the future. Fucked if that's my problem though.

:shake: he has reassessed how he can make more money and be more famous (in a dwindling circle) and clearly doesn't care that in the eyes of many he is now as relevant as Boris and the Lettuce as he has proven himself morally bankrupt in the chase for cash.

Hopefully his next job will be as Jeremy's brothers carer - fuck knows the shart needs the help, and shart now describes Owen ironically enough.

Galloway is a good reference Col!

As per a rant above, I think (maybe another thread), I hate the fact I thought he was a breath of fresh air and I agreed with him (not everything) but he's sold out and stands for nothing now.

He's let himself down, and if he is genuine at core and just acting out, he is going to regret that choice in the future. Fucked if that's my problem though.
Ive screen shotted this. It's getting hung up on my wall. We agree in the politics thread Mike. Wahoooooo. BFFs now. Lol

How much of the water industry is owned by foreign companies and pension funds.
Strategic industries sold off in the furtherance of political doctrine.
I think all of the water companies are owned by venture capitalist and the like.

They will continue to raise capital against the assets, continually refinance until they have bled the water companies dry (no pun) then lock the gates, throw away the key and tell the Government its all yours now.

In light of Rayner again dodging questions about her tax affairs and second property isn't it about time MPs tax affairs were made public.

I don't know enough about the story, but it's legit to me. It's already been investigated and Police passed it, the new story is another complaint (Ashcroft again as source if not complaint) and Police are simply reviewing.

Whilst I'm with you on transparency in public office - we are talking about what, even if she fudged £10k maybe?

We are talking about Rayner (and she doesn't have my confidence for the record) but we've stopped talking about Mone, Hancock's pub landlord, Rishi's obsession with using our money for helicopters.....

It's a distraction, and it's working as the media chase tails and forget to do their job. Nobody is talking about the most expensive Lettuce in history raping the country through her own entitlement anymore are we?

Sunak knows no limits to stupidity, in his "Easter Honours List" (who knew we had Easter Honours" a knighthood for someone who gave the Tory Party a £5,000,000 donation in 2023. This is the same Sunak who rallied against Boris Johnsons decision to award a Knighthood to his dad.

I hope this gets Sunak slung out of the party what a vvanker, although I suspect the order to award the knighthood came from higher up the food chain.

I don't know enough about the story, but it's legit to me. It's already been investigated and Police passed it, the new story is another complaint (Ashcroft again as source if not complaint) and Police are simply reviewing.

Whilst I'm with you on transparency in public office - we are talking about what, even if she fudged £10k maybe?

We are talking about Rayner (and she doesn't have my confidence for the record) but we've stopped talking about Mone, Hancock's pub landlord, Rishi's obsession with using our money for helicopters.....

It's a distraction, and it's working as the media chase tails and forget to do their job. Nobody is talking about the most expensive Lettuce in history raping the country through her own entitlement anymore are we?
I " like" your point up to a point, but 10k or 10m I want it out in the open. £10k would get a very nice duck house, and as for the police investigation I wouldn't trust that lot too investigate a £20 shortfall in a grocery bill at the checkout. Can't abide Rayner, something about her, but that's another issue.
With regards to Mone I hoping that an incoming Labour government have one eye on that sleazy bitch, but t suspect they will want too leave that one in the past.

Another £100 million of our money spaffed up the wall , even though they knew their defence was built on lies.

Former sub-postmasters and politicians have called for the Post Office to face a police investigation after BBC News revealed the company knew of flaws in its Horizon IT system.
A document shows bosses and lawyers knew of issues in 2017, but kept arguing sub-postmasters were to blame.
MP Kevan Jones said "the police need to start looking at this" specific point raised in the BBC investigation.
The Post Office earlier said it would be "inappropriate to comment".

I " like" your point up to a point, but 10k or 10m I want it out in the open. £10k would get a very nice duck house, and as for the police investigation I wouldn't trust that lot too investigate a £20 shortfall in a grocery bill at the checkout. Can't abide Rayner, something about her, but that's another issue.
With regards to Mone I hoping that an incoming Labour government have one eye on that sleazy bitch, but t suspect they will want too leave that one in the past.
If they’ll fiddle the little deals, allegedly, (“It’s only a 10 k drink), it shows a tendency.
Look at all the fiddling that went on in the expenses scandal. Probably still does but backs have been covered and the old pals act has swept a lot under the carpet.
I still adhere to the X Files motto when it comes to politics: (Trust No one).

He is disgusting. Imagine knowing him personally? He is the modern day Judas. Pile driven into the same bin as Galloway.
He would be pretty near the top of any list of people I would like to punch in the face.
Total areshole.

Last edited:
Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has deleted his all his social media accounts. There are rumours that a scandal has been unearthed.

Now this -