The Politics Thread | Page 751 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Sunak knows no limits to stupidity, in his "Easter Honours List" (who knew we had Easter Honours" a knighthood for someone who gave the Tory Party a £5,000,000 donation in 2023. This is the same Sunak who rallied against Boris Johnsons decision to award a Knighthood to his dad.

I hope this gets Sunak slung out of the party what a vvanker, although I suspect the order to award the knighthood came from higher up the food chain.

I was going to mention this, just so obvious isn't it.

The labour members, Momentum and the parties BAME membership are telling Starmer they won't accept the Union Flag on any canvassing material because it puts minorities off voting Labour. Silly me, I thought we were all one country.

Problem is Wittonite though, they aren't are they.

It makes a great headline and a hook and you get unnamed commentary from a handful of arseholes with an axe to grind to push an agenda that suits some in the press, but the more you read, the more it's got naff all to do with the Flag in reality in the first place.

What's interesting is that a lot of the agitation around this seems to be coming from Momentum. Starmer has tried his best to purge this element but they're still knocking around. Total parasites.
This is why I will have great difficulty voting Labour. The left never very far away.

Problem is Wittonite though, they aren't are they.

It makes a great headline and a hook and you get unnamed commentary from a handful of arseholes with an axe to grind to push an agenda that suits some in the press, but the more you read, the more it's got naff all to do with the Flag in reality in the first place.
Seems straight forward enough.
spokesperson for Momentum, the Labour-supporting group, said: “Members are the lifeblood of our party, the activists who put the hard graft in on the doors. They must be listened to and the message is clear: Labour’s campaign materials should reflect the concerns of the communities they serve. A one-size-fits all model is not just ineffective, but has the potential to repel parts of Labour’s core voter base.”

Yes, that was where I started.

Begins with 'fears' that a minority will undoubtedly hold but are supplanted onto a majority (which if true they wouldn't be Labour voters anyway) and the quintessential 'boxes are piling up' (yes that happens with stock, it doesn't disappear in the first few hours), and then we get the real complaint facts which are design issues and disagreements - such as lack of Lab logo, covered in the Flag for effect when one would've done and so on.

The story is largely in the middle to bottom of the article, the top is the clickbait to get everyone angry and recycle the crap that we can't apparently use our own flag again with all the associated connotations.

No one was prepared to give their name (I don't believe any of the other coverage I read attributed appropriately either), it was all 'fears' 'suggestions' 'may' 'might' - otherwise known as journalist code for I'm making this shit up.

And if this tired old line is the best Momentum can come up with now, they are a complete spent force in my book. With everything that is going on, if their best hope is 'leaflet's' there's no hope for them.

I see Dominic 'eyesight' Cummings feels the need to be relevant again as he commits more criminal motor offences by driving through a debate he has absolutely no relevant knowledge on.

Ironic he talks about psy-ops given the absolutely emotional bullshit he came up with.

Nice to see they are putting some thought into the 'lifestyle choice'.

Homeless people should not be arrested just because they smell, a minister has said.
A bill in the Commons could criminalise rough sleepers if they cause a nuisance, including "excessive" smells.

So Rishi's great new plan to get feckless mothers back to work is to give 2 yr olds 15 hours a week free at pre-school.

Let's ignore finding a place for a start.

3 hrs a day? Uber driver? Daytime Deliveroo? MP or House of Lords?

My God, they'll never find employment because the breadth of choice available to them for those hours a day will simply be overwhelming.

My heart bleeds as they were stitched up, were following orders, thought they were big men who could rape the banking sector for their own bonuses (insert your own) but those really at fault have never been charged eh.

Funny how MP's are trying to dictate how justice works here, I wonder what their interest is? Post Office normal folk anyone?

Two former bankers jailed for rigging interest rates must have their appeal heard by the Supreme Court, senior politicians have said.
Tom Hayes and Carlo Palombo were among 37 City traders prosecuted for rigging rate benchmarks Libor and Euribor.