The Politics Thread | Page 761 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Well I do think there are serious issues with a cashless society. I am not sure I agree with going cashless myself. That's why I get his point.

But yes, he is an absolute moron of the highest order and doing it for clicks and donations no doubt.

I agree on cashless.

But if he cared he could use his profile better, this was out for himself so I have to disagree by default lol

As a business owner, people paying in cash is a pain in the arse these days. Almost everyone pays online now-a-days.

Still, it's my understanding that it's illegal to refuse to accept cash.
Visa and Mastercard skim off the top tho, you pay to use their system. I suppose ultimately we pay but its not chump change. PG&E charge me $1.75 to pay my electricity bill.

I hate carrying cash around tho, I've never been robbed but if I was robbed of my cash its gone and I'll never see it again. I can cancel a card.

Visa and Mastercard skim off the top tho, you pay to use their system. I suppose ultimately we pay but its not chump change. PG&E charge me $1.75 to pay my electricity bill.

I hate carrying cash around tho, I've never been robbed but if I was robbed of my cash its gone and I'll never see it again. I can cancel a card.
Carrying a bit of cash on you at all times can get you out of the shit pretty quickly if needed. A card won't.

I don't like going around without cash on me despite paying for everything by card.

I like to have cash on me too but since I've gone back to WFH I often don't. That said we do keep a few quid in the house in case the power goes out for an extended period or some other big emergency.

I don't know if its true but they say some people don't have an internal monologue. They can't hear their own voice in their head. Or that there are levels to people's ability to imagine objects in their mind. If you asked someone to imagine an apple some would only see a black-and-white outline while others can see full color.
Just to say I have the issue of not being able to visualise things. Even my dreams aren't graphical. But I do have an internal monologue and have no issue working out complex political issues (well no different to other people)....enough to have largely bailed on Facebook due to algorithm crap.

"We" just reason in a different way. In fact people who have this tend to be very creative apparently.

PS I can see the conversation has moved on :p

PPS I always carry £20 cash for emergencies.

Last edited:
We've all been poisoned by profit and engagement. Real journalism got dealt a major blow when we started putting thumbs up on the things we liked and algorithms decided what we would and wouldn't see.

They must be studying it now because it has become so problematic. I don't know if its true but they say some people don't have an internal monologue. They can't hear their own voice in their head. Or that there are levels to people's ability to imagine objects in their mind. If you asked someone to imagine an apple some would only see a black-and-white outline while others can see full color.

The power and speed of social media is terrifying. The seeds of immigration have been planted in the UK for 60 or 70 years. It's all very new to Ireland and watching how quickly right-wing agitators have managed to influence disenfranchised people in Ireland is scary. And we know nearly all of this originates outside of Ireland.

My bet is that it is Russia, ever since the war in Ukraine and Ireland had a little beef with Russia this immigration stuff has massively escalated. Refugees from the Middle East and Africa have not exactly been welcome in Ireland over the past 10-15 years but the hate and aggression was not there 2 years ago.

This is something I know about re the visualising. I'll do a post on it. I was talking about it to Mike recently

Just to say I have the issue of not being able to visualise things. Even my dreams aren't graphical. But I do have an internal monologue and have no issue working out complex political issues (well no different to other people)....enough to have largely bailed on Facebook due to algorithm crap.

"We" just reason in a different way. In fact people who have this tend to be very creative apparently.

PS I can see the conversation has moved on :p

PPS I always carry £20 cash for emergencies.
From what I understand its a spectrum, the internal monologue thing is the one I don't know if its true or not. Thats the one where it seems like if you don't have that it seems like you could be more easily led as you literally cannot think for yourself. Maybe that one is bullshit tho.

The visualizing thing is interesting, its similar for people who have dyslexia, they are usually highly creative and artistic. Its not a one size fits all tho as the wife is dyslexic and her writing ability is amazing, y'all know my command of english is poor plus she is getting a PhD. so she puts me to shame.