The players and managers speculation thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The players and managers speculation thread

The defensive headache might lessen if Ogilvie does decide to remain with the club - have to say his playing yesterday was a real eye opener. I don't think anyone had seen that coming.....
Evans has said he is about to try a new formation to quote "with perhaps a different system".We only have three centre backs but a three might well suit Ogilvie very well .Putting him in a three might just give him what he wants .Possibly even being the main voice at the back for us could be on offer.
We need someone to keep the defence focused. I think if Evans gets it right Ogilvie will sign.It is a bit of a gamble trying a new system with only 4 games to play with.

Evans has said he is about to try a new formation to quote "with perhaps a different system".We only have three centre backs but a three might well suit Ogilvie very well .Putting him in a three might just give him what he wants .Possibly even being the main voice at the back for us could be on offer.
We need someone to keep the defence focused. I think if Evans gets it right Ogilvie will sign.It is a bit of a gamble trying a new system with only 4 games to play with.
I agree with your with regards to Ogilvie, I always thought he played better in that system as opposed to him being an out and out left back. I hope he stays but if he decides he has better options, I'm pretty sure BFSE will have a few ideas up his sleeve.

I agree with your with regards to Ogilvie, I always thought he played better in that system as opposed to him being an out and out left back. I hope he stays but if he decides he has better options, I'm pretty sure BFSE will have a few ideas up his sleeve.
For me the offers Ogilvie was expected did not materialise or he failed a medical.

It would be good for him to re-sign and the fact he's willing to play 90 minutes suggest he wants another improved offer and he was reminding BFSE of what he can do.

Been reliably informed the keeper is indeed Jamie Cumming - would be a decent signing.
This would be a possible signing he does fit in with what we have been told .I have found another keeper who also fits so we will have to wait and see .Jamie may well be Cumming to Gillingham??

What about a young (22) year old Chelsea keeper called Jamie Cumming (no joke, it's his real name so we should all be kind and not make links to anything else)? Doesn't look bad on utube as a shot stopper but looks a bit clumsy at times. I think it would be a bit of a gamble putting him in ahead of Chapman although they may both improve with a bit of competition.....

Edit: Sorry Stringer, I hadn't seen your post until after I had hit the save button.
As I said on another post this lad could be the target as he was playing at Stevenage last term.That's only a hours drive from Peterborough so it is possible that Evans could have watch him during Covid. Highly rated so would be a good signing.

So now we more or less know our first team squad. If you were an opposing manager where would you pinpoint our major weaknesses apart from squad depth which is a given?

So now we more or less know our first team squad. If you were an opposing manager where would you pinpoint our major weaknesses apart from squad depth which is a given?
Lack of playing time together, practicing down Twydall is not the same as the real thing (a bit like vegan beefburgers........... without the beef then) and whether the players actually know each others names... and yes, I am being a bit facetious.... sorry, slow afternoon here.

I think that this squad looks like a good solid league one squad.
We’re not going to be ripping up the division but equally, I don’t think most teams will look forward to playing us.

Lack of playing time together, practicing down Twydall is not the same as the real thing (a bit like vegan beefburgers........... without the beef then) and whether the players actually know each others names... and yes, I am being a bit facetious.... sorry, slow afternoon here.
Hope Mozzer misses your burger comment!

If Oliver is injured / suspended then where will the goals come from? Akinde will score a few but we need someone else.
Also no width/wingers in the squad.

Lack of pace up front - we need some. At the moment, we'll struggle to have a plan B.

Yep, lack of pace and lack of options up top. I think a lot of teams will fancy their chances of frustrating our attack but then they did last year and we confounded a few. Hopefully we get a forward player or two but Evans is cute tactically and will have surprises, within our basic way of playing, up his sleeve.