The players and managers speculation thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

The players and managers speculation thread

I have a feeling I he will be not that much older than Walsh but a fair bit bigger.I could well be well wide of the mark.I have had a hunch about us getting a young keeper for months .The one I have picked out is based on what we know .I would say that his team will almost certainly be sending at least one young keeper out to our sort of level.If it is who I think the lad seems very highly rated but has a massive amount of competition just to get the third keeper shirt at this moment. There are so many though I might be wrong as usual.
I definitely will not name him on here just in case.

You`re allowed to speculate, Chris - it says so on this tin

I have a feeling I he will be not that much older than Walsh but a fair bit bigger.I could well be well wide of the mark.I have had a hunch about us getting a young keeper for months .The one I have picked out is based on what we know .I would say that his team will almost certainly be sending at least one young keeper out to our sort of level.If it is who I think the lad seems very highly rated but has a massive amount of competition just to get the third keeper shirt at this moment. There are so many though I might be wrong as usual.
I definitely will not name him on here just in case.

C’mon Chris, spill the beans.

If you are correct you will be elevated to a new level of awe on here, and we’ll all think you are “in the know” and we maybe suggest you chat with Incey down the Queens head 👍

If you are wrong, you’ll be lined up with the 10 or 15 other losers on here (like me) who’ve posted useless guesses and will be mocked and ridiculed.

Win/win.

If you are correct you will be elevated to a new level of awe on here, and we’ll all think you are “in the know” and we maybe suggest you chat with Incey down the Queens head 👍

If you are wrong, you’ll be lined up with the 10 or 15 other losers on here (like me) who’ve posted useless guesses and will be mocked and ridiculed.

Win/win.

How would that happen if no one can find it?

Win/win.
All I will say is that Evans has stated he has watched the lad from the Premier league about half a dozen times as has Raynor. We are told that Evans still lives near Peterborough. We have been in lockdown so the lad he spent time watching last season has to have been playing within a shortish drive from his home last season.

True. Much like last season, we seem to have a multitude of mid-field options, and very good ones too.

But thin on the ground regarding outright defensive and attacking areas.

Loves a midfielder does SE 👍
He sure does, but the squad looks quite versatile, Lee can play just behind the striker and both Lloyd and reeves can operate in advanced areas too, we have a few options in the defensive midfield area too with Bennett and mckenzie able to play the holding role if needs be, I’d guess were an out and out striker and a goal keeper away from being all but finished.

All I will say is that Evans has stated he has watched the lad from the Premier league about half a dozen times as has Raynor. We are told that Evans still lives near Peterborough. We have been in lockdown so the lad he spent time watching last season has to have been playing within a shortish drive from his home last season.

Aaaagh-Ha :detective:

I have worked out five times he could have watched the lad live when we didn't have a game that would not involved travelling that far.If it is who I think it is a temporary move the lad is destined for bigger things than league one.

I can only think of Leicester? Who’ve they got on their books?

What about a young (22) year old Chelsea keeper called Jamie Cumming (no joke, it's his real name so we should all be kind and not make links to anything else)? Doesn't look bad on utube as a shot stopper but looks a bit clumsy at times. I think it would be a bit of a gamble putting him in ahead of Chapman although they may both improve with a bit of competition.....

Edit: Sorry Stringer, I hadn't seen your post until after I had hit the save button.

I can only think of Leicester? Who’ve they got on their books?
Sorry if Evans is telling the truth we have a fair amount of competition it would be worse thing I can do to put the move in jeopardy. I can't possibly know it is mainly gut feeling circumstances and what little Evans has told us. So I could be miles wide of the mark.But whoever this lad is he sounds good .If Chapman is decent it gives him time to step up to being number one.So I definitely see benefits. Leaving the loan signing out for all cup games may well be the route we take especially if it is only six months Chapman has more time to get to know his defence etc.

True. Much like last season, we seem to have a multitude of mid-field options, and very good ones too.

But thin on the ground regarding outright defensive and attacking areas.

Loves a midfielder does SE 👍
The defensive headache might lessen if Ogilvie does decide to remain with the club - have to say his playing yesterday was a real eye opener. I don't think anyone had seen that coming.....

Evans has said that it's a highly rated prem youngster. There a lad at Chelsea called Jamie Cumming who was class at Stevenage last season apparently. Seems like it could be a good fit. That's my wild guess.

I reckon you're bang on. 18 clean sheets last season, will be good competition between him and Chapman.