The player who left thread | Page 533 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

One of things I find most disgusting is how he never mentioned Smith at all, no thanks, nothing. Ungrateful prick.

Yes that really didn't sit right with me. I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as Grealish did between the moment Smith arrived and the day Grealish left. He went from being in the top 5 championship players to being in my opinion in the top 5 premier league players.

The annoying is it'll be Pep credited with everything now as if the oil tossers have signed a 20 year old they'll mold to be world class instead of spunking a British record fee on an already world class player because you can't be world class and be a Villa player.

Everyone already knew he should have been starting at the Euros except Southgate and I 100% believe that if he'd started the final, or even come on after an hour then England would be European champions. Perhaps if he'd moved to City before the Euros Southgate would have trusted him more.

This is the reality if football now unfortunately. People hated the idea of a super league but literally all mainstream football media is geared towards creating a super league within the Premier league and European competitions anyway.

My god!!! Popped out for a few drinks after work (obviously not in the car) and find myself agreeing with so many posts on here it's unbelievable. I have no idea if he's a brain dead f##k or being spun what he's saying by his sycophant entourage but basically he's taken a massive shit over everyone at the club who've got him where he is today. I wish no ill will on anyone in this world but I hope he gets the sort of reaction he deserves for his comments when he returns to Villa Park as he thoroughly deserves them.
Villa legend....not in my lifetime. :mad:

For the record, I don't want him back at Villa Park ever even as an away player. He'll deserve all of the abuse he gets, the twat.

The thing that really gets me is that he was one of us, or at least pretended to be. It was such a beautiful story but he ruined that. Very sad.

I guess Ian Taylor lives on as the king of Aston Villa fans.

Truth: Some of his performances were out of this world and we currently couldn't attract a player of his calibre unless they came through the youth ranks. I'd have him back in a second.

I can't remember a single out of this world performance from him to be honest. Plenty of good ones, plenty of quality moments but he never dragged us out of anything on his own. His best seasons in the premier league returned 9 goals and 5 assists(2019/20) and 6 goals 10 assists (2020/21). Hardly incredible. Traoré produced 7 goals and 6 assists last season. Watkins 14 goals and 5 assists. In the cold light of day Greasy was not that special here he just had a romantic story and celebrity glamour to him.

For the record, I don't want him back at Villa Park ever even as an away player. He'll deserve all of the abuse he gets, the twat.

The thing that really gets me is that he was one of us, or at least pretended to be. It was such a beautiful story but he ruined that. Very sad.

I guess Ian Taylor lives on as the king of Aston Villa fans.
My king will always be Brian Little but Ian Taylor pushes him close. Both true Villans of the very highest order. :utv:

We've plenty of stellar legends. Peter McParland is still going. Ian Taylor and Brian Little are legends still active with the club.

What snake2 was too thick to understand was that staying with us and becoming part of the Villa revival would set him up for life. I'm sure medals would have come, and when he hung up his boots I'm sure he would have carried on contributing in other ways.

Maybe he has 6 years now in front of him at the top, where he'll get medals, but who cares apart from him? After that, what?

It’s nice that so many ex Villa players have an emotional attachment to the club. I find space to celebrate them all but my favourites have to be Sid, Mortimer, Taylor, McGrath and my all time favourite , Brian Little. When your heroes include God and He Who Walks on Water who needs the badge kissers?

It’s nice that so many ex Villa players have an emotional attachment to the club. I find space to celebrate them all but my favourites have to be Sid, Mortimer, Taylor, McGrath and my all time favourite , Brian Little. When your heroes include God and He Who Walks on Water who needs the badge kissers?

why has Gabby blown it

Being awful from pretty much the moment MON left bar 5 or so games a season. Getting so out of shape he was sent to a fat camp in the relegation season. Not moving on when his wages were crippling us ffp wise after relegation. Helping to create a terrible dressing room atmosphere under several managers who either tried to move him on or expected him to actually train hard.

There might be more but I've tried to scrub much of 2011 to 2018 from my brain to be honest. I'm torn on him to be honest. He clearly loves the club but took it for granted and his lackadaisical attitude summed our slide to the championship up.

Being awful from pretty much the moment MON left bar 5 or so games a season. Getting so out of shape he was sent to a fat camp in the relegation season. Not moving on when his wages were crippling us ffp wise after relegation. Helping to create a terrible dressing room atmosphere under several managers who either tried to move him on or expected him to actually train hard.

There might be more but I've tried to scrub much of 2011 to 2018 from my brain to be honest. I'm torn on him to be honest. He clearly loves the club but took it for granted and his lackadaisical attitude summed our slide to the championship up.
there's some fair points made there in all fairness. He's a bit of a legend though maybe with some scuffs/scratches

I think he's a twat of the highest order, and currently still embarrassing our club with his stupidity. Could have been a Legend but those last 5 years he blotted his copybook as JW says
for some of his derby goals i cut him the slack. Legend in that respect and i don't think he talks the club down unless i'm missing something

I think he's a twat of the highest order, and currently still embarrassing our club with his stupidity. Could have been a Legend but those last 5 years he blotted his copybook as JW says
Many years ago I was in a posh club in Birmingham.
Yes ok... I was smashed... But I'm friendly when smashed and not an arse in my defence.
Anyway... We first of all bumped into Luke Moore. Went over.... Said the usual. He ended up giving me a Man hug.
Then Gabby was at the bar sat down. So went over, put my hand out to shake his hand and start the usual bollocks... He stood up and walked off, walking into my out stretched hand.
Tosser.