The player who left thread | Page 532 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

What a massive disappointment he is.

And a massive bellend.
You say that like it's a surprise - passed out on a road on holiday, breaking COVID curfew, driving his range rover into multiple cars and a fence after breaking said curfew, rumours of drinking too much and addiction to sleeping pills. I'm sure there's lots of stuff that didn't come out. Gifted footballer but probably a case of too much too early. Don't know why I'm responding to this as he was dead to me the moment he left AVFC.

The club still has it's dignity and it shines a new light on Purslow's interview for me. Players come and go, some will remain in our hearts, others less so. One thing remains and that is Aston Villa Football Club, the greatest name in football.

What a massive disappointment he is.

And a massive bellend.

he said. "You just pick up stuff from certain players. Everyone's an international at a top, top country. It makes you up your standards."

I think he's a bit thick because he insulted his former teammates again there. But they all seem to love him for it so maybe they are as thick as he is. Good luck to them all if that's how they carry on.

he said. "You just pick up stuff from certain players. Everyone's an international at a top, top country. It makes you up your standards."

I think he's a bit thick because he insulted his former teammates again there. But they all seem to love him for it so maybe they are as thick as he is. Good luck to them all if that's how they carry on.
they're all braindead, just some are more braindead than others

An to think we’ve got grounded Bailey, Buendia and Ings with change to spare, and not putting him on 300k or whatever ridiculous salary he’s on now.

We’ve got rid of our highest earner and at the same time brought the highest salary cap down, if it was true and we offered more a week than Man City 300k plus, players would look at him and be like we want more than what we’re getting.

The more he opens his mouth the happier I am that he’s gone.

You say that like it's a surprise - passed out on a road on holiday, breaking COVID curfew, driving his range rover into multiple cars and a fence after breaking said curfew, rumours of drinking too much and addiction to sleeping pills. I'm sure there's lots of stuff that didn't come out. Gifted footballer but probably a case of too much too early. Don't know why I'm responding to this as he was dead to me the moment he left AVFC.

The club still has it's dignity and it shines a new light on Purslow's interview for me. Players come and go, some will remain in our hearts, others less so. One thing remains and that is Aston Villa Football Club, the greatest name in football.

Of course, there was all that stuff when he was a Villa player, but many of us knew he might move on and many wished him luck.

It's the way he has conducted himself since that's disappointing, but then again he's thick as pig shit.

In all honesty a lot of fans glossed over his behaviour at the time but now it's an issue. We think we need to be honest with ourselves. If we have a player who is a giant **** like Grealish was, it doesn't matter how good or important he is, we very much need to call out our players for bad behaviour.

In all honesty a lot of fans glossed over his behaviour at the time but now it's an issue. We think we need to be honest with ourselves. If we have a player who is a giant **** like Grealish was, it doesn't matter how good or important he is, we very much need to call out our players for bad behaviour.
Celebrity culture has really messed up modern life hasn't it - possibly my biggest gripe - I'm becoming a right miserable old git :wahey:

He is thick as pig shit, as well having a fucking awful poncey haircut looking like a muppet. He is as much as fan as my missus who follows Aston Villa news to check what mood I’m in. Absolute fraud on that part.

Some of the points he makes (badly) aren’t honestly wrong - he is playing with better players we can’t deny that. But either articulate it better or don’t make the point at all.

He’s just a fraud as far as I’m concerned and that’s what makes me angry. Trying to make it “J*ck Grealish’s Aston Villa” for his own PR and career. Should have had the captaincy taken off him when he had his drink driving ban but Deano didn’t have the bollocks to do it. Anyway, I’m doing what I try not to do and mention his name but you’ve all made me bite after reading that article.

He is thick as pig shit, as well having a fucking awful poncey haircut looking like a muppet. He is as much as fan as my missus who follows Aston Villa news to check what mood I’m in. Absolute fraud on that part.

Some of the points he makes (badly) aren’t honestly wrong - he is playing with better players we can’t deny that. But either articulate it better or don’t make the point at all.

He’s just a fraud as far as I’m concerned and that’s what makes me angry. Trying to make it “J*ck Grealish’s Aston Villa” for his own PR and career. Should have had the captaincy taken off him when he had his drink driving ban but Deano didn’t have the bollocks to do it. Anyway, I’m doing what I try not to do and mention his name but you’ve all made me bite after reading that article.
So what we're saying is that the rest of the fans in this league were largely right about him all along?

100% spot-on in every detail about the cretin.

And I remember feeling very angry when Smith bottled taking the captaincy off him after the drink (or even drugs as well?) driving and dragging the club's name through the mud.

I no longer have to turn a blind eye to the cretin's antics on the pitch and I can now see why he is so despised by many other clubs fans.

Last edited:

To be fair, one or two people on here did call it out. Others, like me, were worried but maybe didn't call it out as strongly as they could. Although the breaking lockdown and crashing cars bit, plus the fact he looked sloshed hours later, did have me shocked.

said at the time he should of been stripped of the captaincy . Embarrassment

At the time, I said the same thing, and people on here who know me, also know how I feel about drink/drugs drivers.

It was so weak of the whole club not to remove the captaincy and I remember saying at the time how some of our great captains of the past like Dennis Mortimer etc must be highly embarrassed by his selfish and thoughtless actions dragging the club great name into the gutter along with his actions.

Last edited:
Truth: Some of his performances were out of this world and we currently couldn't attract a player of his calibre unless they came through the youth ranks. I'd have him back in a second.

I would imagine the person most angry with greasy's words is Smith. He stuck by him through thick and thin and probably pleaded with Purslow not to strip him of the captaincy each time he dragged the club through the gutter. Hopefully, on his return to VP the fans will let him know exactly how he's gone from hero to zero. I hope Matty Cash rams his words right down his throat when he plays against us.

I would imagine the person most angry with greasy's words is Smith. He stuck by him through thick and thin and probably pleaded with Purslow not to strip him of the captaincy each time he dragged the club through the gutter. Hopefully, on his return to VP the fans will let him know exactly how he's gone from hero to zero. I hope Matty Cash rams his words right down his throat when he plays against us.

One of things I find most disgusting is how he never mentioned Smith at all, no thanks, nothing. Ungrateful prick.

Truth: Some of his performances were out of this world and we currently couldn't attract a player of his calibre unless they came through the youth ranks. I'd have him back in a second.
unfortunately herein lieth the brutal truth. Such a shame he left and the fact that he's a prick.