The player who left thread | Page 535 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

A few have said the 'other club news thread' is being spoiled by become that lad who left Villa's thread.

So re-opened, re-titled and moving posts over.

Hopefully at some point this will just die on it's own accord (for clarity I mean the thread) but evidently it is still a big topic of conversation.

Agreed. Can't we just forget all about the little scrote?

He’s probably realising now that the expectation has turned up levels, now he’s a regular starter for both Citeh and seemingly England but merely a cog in those wheels, gone are the days he can hear the fans chanting his name and he comes off the bench to change the game with nothing to lose.

I still maintain he’ll have enjoyed his football more here than he ever will again. Three League cup medals and an England runner up medal won’t make up for the enjoyment of the last 2-3 years with us and where it got him.

He’s gone and I’m not investing any emotional energy in looking for reasons to let his actions upset me. He did well for us but moved on. C’est la vie. When he plays against us I’ll take note of his impact but apart from that he’s a player for another club.
I must admit though that he does work well with Mount for England against all expectations. Some nice one touch passes, good vision and he obviously had the Poles worried to the extent that they doubled up on him and fouled him repeatedly.
If he performs for England, fine by me but if he loses his place when Foden, Rashford, Greenwood or Sancho take his place then I won’t be crying.

for me , he's just an ex-player now, chequered history, drink driver, lockdown breaker, injury prone, bad dresser, alice fucking band, hollow words , flaky individual, limited emotional intelligence. Thanks for doing well in the championship , remember which club made you, no, i know you won't,

Harsh but true, especially the bit about hollow words.

Last edited:
Dont think Pep will start him. Will keep sending him down the line to warm up and piss everybody off. I just hope that nobody does anything silly and throw something at him. Give him all the dogs abuse you want but keep it verbal.

Knowing our luck Foden and Greedish will both be available.
I wonder if Kev will dare show his face Wednesday night. I'd imagine he's no longer welcome