The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

I can already see him ignoring the 1st 16 late cloggings of Jack then booking Mcginn for breathing on someone.

That site is bollocks. It clearly just couldn’t be arsed to work it out. Checked his last 2 games for accuracy and there is 2 yellows in one and 1 yellow in the other.

Not really much point if you can only get them online or on the phone ?

Although something quite magical about going to Villa Village to stand in a queue in the run up to Wembo.

I can well remember queuing up for semi-final and final tickets in 2000, having driven around half of the Midlands swapping ticket stubs with random strangers to meet the criteria.

And for the avoidance of doubt, "swapping ticket stubs with random strangers" is not a euphemism :ninja:

8 games in a row without a card? Really!?

Sorry about that link. Clearly, the site doesn't update so makes you wonder why they bother?

Here are 2 more up-to-date listings and interestingly, from August 19th, 2018 until 5th May 2019, he has only sent 1 player off.

As with any ref but particularly English ones I won't hold my breath expecting him to have a good game and go unnoticed?.... Let's hope we don't need him.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1057

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul-tierney/profil/schiedsrichter/1207

Last edited:
Can we please make sure on the big day that we are wearing Claret and blue , not white or yellow or those hideous green red and black things from yesteryear .

I swear to god there was actually some twat sat in from of me last year wearing a Barca top , I was hoping when we scored to push him down a few seats, never happened though .

Derby will be in white the colour of surrender monkeys , lets see a mass of C and B at Wembley

Can we please make sure on the big day that we are wearing Claret and blue , not white or yellow or those hideous green red and black things from yesteryear .

I swear to god there was actually some twat sat in from of me last year wearing a Barca top , I was hoping when we scored to push him down a few seats, never happened though .

Derby will be in white the colour of surrender monkeys , lets see a mass of C and B at Wembley

I have worn my 1981 retro home shirt for every game since Stoke away. Been dying to wear the white away shirt from the same year with the Umbro diamonds on the sleeve , but no way am I changing now.

I have treated myself to a 1957 FA cup final retro top to wear. Hope its a lucky one. 2-1 will do nicely again thank you.
Wore my 57 retro top last year. Never again. Have worn my 97-98 AST computer shirt all season, Claret n Blue version, and it is this shirt that will be making the trip to Wembley.

I'll be wearing this year's home shirt but I was at the club shop today to get a 81 away shirt for my girlfriend. She was very impressed with it when she saw Mings modelling it, at least I think it was the shirt she was impressed with.

Tickets arrived this morning, feel quite cool about all this but hate to think what state I will be in this time next week

I love that green, black and red top but will definitely be wearing a claret & blue home shirt. Really want to wear this season’s home shirt but I’m going away on Tuesday morning after the game and will really want to wear it to BHX if we win just to piss off some of the locals so may go retro, have many old shirts to choose from.

Last edited:
I know what you mean Sir Den , my lucky Pants are starting hum a bit now :grinning:

I have a pair of shorts from 1996 (alan wright kit i call it) that I have wore as Boxer shorts to EVERY game since that year. You can imagine what they look like now, holes everywhere, missus replaced the elastic for me this year as it had gone and they kept falling down. I dont care how bad they get, I will wear them til I die !.

As fof next week.

Shorts, Jeans, Nike Villa socks. Black vest, 1990's reebok fleece i nicked off my dad which i am sure NASA use as insulation, my 1993 lace up 'God" shirt, my 1983 Champions of Europe Claret m Blue Jacket, my scalf (two scalves now made into one so it is long enough to do the Mancini) and my Villa bronx hat.

I dont give a toss if it is 45 degrees, that is what I am wearing. Coz it was hot last year, I didnt wear mh jumper n hat, and look what happened - it was all my fault.

This time, no chances

I have a pair of shorts from 1996 (alan wright kit i call it) that I have wore as Boxer shorts to EVERY game since that year. You can imagine what they look like now, holes everywhere, missus replaced the elastic for me this year as it had gone and they kept falling down. I dont care how bad they get, I will wear them til I die !.

As fof next week.

Shorts, Jeans, Nike Villa socks. Black vest, 1990's reebok fleece i nicked off my dad which i am sure NASA use as insulation, my 1993 lace up 'God" shirt, my 1983 Champions of Europe Claret m Blue Jacket, my scalf (two scalves now made into one so it is long enough to do the Mancini) and my Villa bronx hat.

I dont give a toss if it is 45 degrees, that is what I am wearing. Coz it was hot last year, I didnt wear mh jumper n hat, and look what happened - it was all my fault.

This time, no chances
Your reference to a scarf made me smile. I still have the woolen scarf I wore to the 1971 League Cup Final. It is now full of moth holes and as much as I would like to give it an outing I cant get past the bad luck connotations of that result. It was my first Villa cup final and as much as I treasure it, it is forever a losers scarf. Sad.

Mine came in the post this morning as well, I can't wait already!

Only have the away shirt this year but don't really want to wear white against Derby so will wear my claret jacket over it.