The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

I've been to about 7 home games this season but unfortunately only 3 league games plus the play off semi final went against my fan ID. Unlikely to get a ticket at this stage so I'm absolutely gutted! You live and learn I suppose...

One of my pet hates is people who put an i in Villan and claim to be Villa fans , does my head in .
Anyway lads me and the Guardian come on I'm more Daily Mail :grinning:
One of my pet hates is the Guardian. However the piss taking in the comments section is different class.

I've been to about 7 home games this season but unfortunately only 3 league games plus the play off semi final went against my fan ID. Unlikely to get a ticket at this stage so I'm absolutely gutted! You live and learn I suppose...

good to see you Tomy :wave:

According to the AVFC Support page on twitter no tickets are being held back. I’m not surprised if we’ve sold a lot, can’t see it making general sale this year tbh as we’ve had many more bigger crowds which means more fans going to more games compared to last season. The dean smith effect and that 10 game run to make the play offs, ‘build it and they will come’.

I would have thought anyone who is a season ticket holder has already purchased theirs. Cant see many C&B members being non season ticket holders either, so the majority of what is left over should be available for people with 5+ booking history. Not sure it will go any lower than that though.
I think a few people skipped it last year as thought we would lose

Just checked site, very few tickets left. If season ticket holders who are also members are allowed two tickets each that would account for such a quick take up.

I don’t think cost is a factor as one poster has said. I’ve one old mate from school who told me back in August he can’t afford it etc. (Always see him on Facebook at raves) But before the play off final 2018 he was getting a season ticket ??‍♂️ We lost and he went quiet. Now a year later he’s filling my inbox again worrying about a ticket, people *will* find the time and money when the occasion suits but these people have to be prepared to miss out to those more deserving too.

I don’t think cost is a factor as one poster has said. I’ve one old mate from school who told me back in August he can’t afford it etc. (Always see him on Facebook at raves) But before the play off final 2018 he was getting a season ticket ??‍♂️ We lost and he went quiet. Now a year later he’s filling my inbox again worrying about a ticket, people *will* find the time and money when the occasion suits but these people have to be prepared to miss out to those more deserving too.
Cost is not a factor. If I dont get one from Villa I will get it from somewhere. Where cost is a factor is for those that genuinely cant afford to attend games, and they wont be trying for these tickets.

Cost is not a factor. If I dont get one from Villa I will get it from somewhere. Where cost is a factor is for those that genuinely cant afford to attend games, and they wont be trying for these tickets.

I do understand everyone circumstances are different and just because one fan can go and another can’t doesn't mean they’re more of a fan, just means they’re more committed. I used to work 2 out of 3 weekends years ago and went when I could home and away (When away tickets were easy to get), didn’t like it but if I didn’t I wouldn’t have afforded it at all. I don’t wanna be one of those that sounds like they’re on their high horse but there does seem to be a lot of bullshit on Facebook like my mate I mention above.

I do understand everyone circumstances are different and just because one fan can go and another can’t doesn't mean they’re more of a fan, just means they’re more committed. I used to work 2 out of 3 weekends years ago and went when I could home and away (When away tickets were easy to get), didn’t like it but if I didn’t I wouldn’t have afforded it at all. I don’t wanna be one of those that sounds like they’re on their high horse but there does seem to be a lot of bullshit on Facebook like my mate I mention above.
It is more circumstances than affordability for a lot of people. When we first moved to Cornwall I found it very difficult to get up for games. Money didnt come into it, it was the time involved and a young family growing up. The kids have now grown and that changes everything. I am back to being a regular attender nowadays. And yes Facebook totally full of bullshit.

Just spoken to a mate who tells me he has spoken to the ticket office and they confirmed they are holding tickets back for the next criteria. It must be right as there is no way we have over 34,000 season ticket holders and C&B members.
Too much scaremongering going on. If you've been to at least 5 matches you should be good, may even drop to 3.

It is more circumstances than affordability for a lot of people. When we first moved to Cornwall I found it very difficult to get up for games. Money didnt come into it, it was the time involved and a young family growing up. The kids have now grown and that changes everything. I am back to being a regular attender nowadays. And yes Facebook totally full of bullshit.

Find it a grind a few stops on the cross city line sometimes when the weather is pants (Stoke at home back in December when it was pissing down, freezing and terrible for example) so fair play coming all that way but not a bad place to live in between matches!

Just spoken to a mate who tells me he has spoken to the ticket office and they confirmed they are holding tickets back for the next criteria. It must be right as there is no way we have over 34,000 season ticket holders and C&B members.
Too much scaremongering going on. If you've been to at least 5 matches you should be good, may even drop to 3.

I don’t understand why they might be holding tickets back. First come, first served surely ??‍♂️

I don’t understand why they might be holding tickets back. First come, first served surely ??‍♂️

People want to sit together though, if they open it all up now it means for the next lot there are odd seats scattered about everywhere. I thought this was common practice with all clubs to be honest.

They held blocks back last year. A friend of mine had only been to one match as he had moved to Sussex. I kept looking for him and thought he had no chance. Upper blocks that had been marked sold out became available and he got a ticket.

We need to put an end to our mini goal drought. What is it, one from open play in the last three games?