The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Dan Bardell falls into the nob head category for me, I’m not sure I can take him seriously at all. The fact that he is talking about “cracks” just reinforces it.
sort of bloke who would talk about himself in the 3rd person. Like when he announced he was stopping doing his podcast as he was above all that now

Just what is the story, I'm too thick to work it out, are we going to be sold on?
I doubt it. They have been brought in to inject extra money ( not something NSWE are short of ). Also for their expertise in some particular field I would imagine?
Edit, their field is mostly broadcasting it appears. That opens all sorts of possibilities? Our own channel, increased coverage etc etc. All IMO and a lot of guess work lol.

So basically, it's a way of paying yourself money which will be or not be taken into account with FFP? Clear as mud to me 🤔🥴

Looks like they are using other peoples money to pay for everything instead of their own.

Not surprised companies want a piece of the action with us , especially if we get the champions league spot.

Looks like they are using other peoples money to pay for everything instead of their own.

Not surprised companies want a piece of the action with us , especially if we get the champions league spot.

But we are a long way off being profitable. Football not something to get into if you want a ROI

But we are a long way off being profitable. Football not something to get into if you want a ROI
By being associated with a successful club, you increase your own profile, so it’s not a linear arrangement. Consider it the same as someone sponsoring Tiger Woods, they don’t get a direct ROI, but loads of companies still invest.

By being associated with a successful club, you increase your own profile, so it’s not a linear arrangement. Consider it the same as someone sponsoring Tiger Woods, they don’t get a direct ROI, but loads of companies still invest.

That's true of course. But could they not achieved that by a sponsorship deal ?

I could be wrong but I don't see altoris looking to increase their brand profile through the purchase of a 20% stake in Aston Villa ...or v sports as it's called.

The approximate £80m purchase cost of these shares - whilst welcome is small beer to the likes of West + Naz.

That's true of course. But could they not achieved that by a sponsorship deal ?

I could be wrong but I don't see altoris looking to increase their brand profile through the purchase of a 20% stake in Aston Villa ...or v sports as it's called.

The approximate £80m purchase cost of these shares - whilst welcome is small beer to the likes of West + Naz.

But from the other angle, if our desire is their expertise - what better way to prioritise their expertise by having them invest and have their own profits linked to performance....as opposed to just employing them.