The Olympics thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Olympics thread

It's quite simple Chips, have the jab and go where you want.
Don't and suffer the limitations posed by those in charge- and, if that leaves the individual with 'issues' just look in the mirror when you want someone to blame.
Not saying that health exemptions should not apply where needed but I've no sympathy with the anti-vaccers at all. If 88 our of 100 have taken the first jab (and likely second) we are talking about a small selfish minority IMO TT.

Last edited:
Selfish for exercising your basic right to bodily autonomy?
Regardless of lifestyle, how you behave, who you associate with and how many non vaccine related precautions you take?

After all, it's not like it's mainly the unvaccinated spreading it most now is it? Far from it.

Would they be selfish for not taking a flu jab? Or would it need a bit more public hysteria around it before it became selfish?

Way more than enough has been done to protect the 'vulnerable' already. A hideous amount more than enough. The young have sacrificed far, far too much. It's criminal. But anyone unwilling to pump fuck knows what into their bodies is selfish? Even after the majority have had it.
Nah.

"Don't need it. Don't want it. Don't trust it. But better get jabbed up to protect the oldies because I don't matter."

Guess that's the way to be, eh.

Epic fail and , after that interview, why did she get on the plane?
They knew she wasn't fit, she knew she wasn't fit so we took her Tokyo to prove it?
Ridiculous decision.

Sadly, the poor state of British athletics means that she wasn't taking a slot from someone else. The only other women to get the qualifying time are both there as well (Daryl Neita made the final.) Only one other qualified for the 200m and she opted to concentrate on the 400m instead anyway. I guess they thought it was worth the risk taking her, hoping that she could run herself into some form even if it was just for the 200m or even the 4x100m relay.

Regardless of lifestyle, how you behave, who you associate with and how many non vaccine related precautions you take?

After all, it's not like it's mainly the unvaccinated spreading it most now is it? Far from it.

Would they be selfish for not taking a flu jab? Or would it need a bit more public hysteria around it before it became selfish?

Way more than enough has been done to protect the 'vulnerable' already. A hideous amount more than enough. The young have sacrificed far, far too much. It's criminal. But anyone unwilling to pump fuck knows what into their bodies is selfish? Even after the majority have had it.
Nah.

"Don't need it. Don't want it. Don't trust it. But better get jabbed up to protect the oldies because I don't matter."

I have no problem with people not being vaccinated. But having made that choice, you are a different risk to yourselves and to the ones that have, and there may be some sanctions that apply to you that dont apply to others (which countries will let you holiday there for example..) This is the way it is. Your choice. Dont moan...

Epic fail and , after that interview, why did she get on the plane?
They knew she wasn't fit, she knew she wasn't fit so we took her Tokyo to prove it?
Ridiculous decision.
As a competitor if there is a chance then you go for it. I respect Dina for that, it is the total opposite of Biles,

Nah.

But why would the anti-vaccers wan tto cut off their nose if they would weant to go abroad later in life? This double jab pass is npt going away anythime soon.
I take the flu jab but would have volunteer if it help our people. Similar in my view to those who give blood.

Regarding going abroad and such like, personally I'll wait and see how things develop, and if there's any chance of the madness subsiding. There is no way vaccine passports for Covid 19 can be justified in any sane world. If common sense prevails then being vaccinated against this won't be an effective condition of existence. Insanity seems to be prevailing, but I still struggle to believe it can continue to, and will keep hoping for a turnaround.....

Sadly, the poor state of British athletics means that she wasn't taking a slot from someone else. The only other women to get the qualifying time are both there as well (Daryl Neita made the final.) Only one other qualified for the 200m and she opted to concentrate on the 400m instead anyway. I guess they thought it was worth the risk taking her, hoping that she could run herself into some form even if it was just for the 200m or even the 4x100m relay.
That's the only good news in this SRE - no one else lost out.

As Rooneys metatarsal proved these things don't work out well.
As a competitor if there is a chance then you go for it. I respect Dina for that, it is the total opposite of Biles,
You could also argue that Asher- Smith's condition was medically evident so even more unrealistic to take her whereas Biles just bottled it and found a convenient way out.

But why would the anti-vaccers wan tto cut off their nose if they would weant to go abroad later in life? This double jab pass is npt going away anythime soon.
I take the flu jab but would have volunteer if it help our people. Similar in my view to those who give blood.

Bang right Chips.

Don't have the jabs, but then don't complain if you're excludeded from watcing the Blades.
I object to paying tax on my salary that is spent on things I don't support.

Still have to pay it.

Suck it up.

Regarding going abroad and such like, personally I'll wait and see how things develop, and if there's any chance of the madness subsiding. There is no way vaccine passports for Covid 19 can be justified in any sane world. If common sense prevails then being vaccinated against this won't be an effective condition of existence. Insanity seems to be prevailing, but I still struggle to believe it can continue to, and will keep hoping for a turnaround.....
The converse to that is that young people have much more of their life left to live whereas us old 'uns options are much more limited.:eek:

We're off to Europe in a couple of weeks and we'll have to abide by whatever country we are in's rules because that's the way of the world ATM.If that's what we have to do to be able to do something we want to then so be it.

It cuts both ways.

It's disgustingly wrong, so we certainly shouldn't just 'suck it up'. A medical apartheid for this is morally reprehensible and unjustifiable above and beyond anything you could compare it to. Scientifically it seems flawed as fuck. The risk is low and belies the unprecedented events taking place. There's the physical aspect of injection involved. It screams 'dictatorship'. It's wrong in all kinds of ways. I accept I may not be able to do certain things, it's my choice, but that doesn't mean I'll just quietly accept this situation indefinitely, nor should anyone. If you want to give yourself guaranteed access and get vaccinated, fair enough, but the world should remain open to those who haven't too.

Last edited:
The converse to that is that young people have much more of their life left to live whereas us old 'uns options are much more limited.:eek:

We're off to Europe in a couple of weeks and we'll have to abide by whatever country we are in's rules because that's the way of the world ATM.If that's what we have to do to be able to do something we want to then so be it.

It cuts both ways.

Undeniably there is a very different approach and mindset regarding the vaccine between the older and younger generations and I think it's completely understandable.

Undeniably there is a very different approach and mindset regarding the vaccine between the older and younger generations and I think it's completely understandable.
True and each group will see it from their own point of view.
Morally- a difficult decision. Looking pragmatically,from my POV, if that's what 's got to be done then get on with it to allow me to get on with my life

Theres far too much money and politics in this now for the 'experts' to back off. It is a crusade being held on a gravy train, and no one who benefits wants to stop it.

If its any consolation, Covid is a mild version of the 'climate emergency' nonsense. Scientists and experts are not putting their case forward, giving us the data and explaining their theories. They are promoting their own theories by actively preventing alternative theories and data from reaching us, ably supported by the same money and political interests. This is the far greater insanity.

Asher-Smith was vocal pre Olympics re how she was going to use the event to push her divisive activism, even encouraging others to do so. So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for her misfortune.

The government here seem to be wavering on the passport thing for the time being. I know Johnson doesn't want any of that shite. So I hold out some hope there.....

Asher-Smith was vocal pre Olympics re how she was going to use the event to push her divisive activism, even encouraging others to do so. So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for her misfortune.

Pleased she's failed. Being what she is, she'd have been worshipped had she done anything.
#Queen