The Olympics thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Olympics thread

Never heard of her but not surprising as the Olympics only come around every few years and she's not a GB winner. I suppose she no longer a winner.

I see the usual lefty loons are calling Simone Biles "stunning and brave" for pulling out of the Olympics. I'd never tell someone that they should do something they don't want to do, and there are more important things than sporting achievement, but giving up at the first sign of adversity is literally the opposite of "stunning and brave". If a multi-millionaire world class athlete can't cope with the anxiety of potential failure then what hope does the rest of generation snowflake have? As Kipling said, "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same".

Its a shame she didn't pull out a fortnight ago and give another athlete a chance to take part...

I see the usual lefty loons are calling Simone Biles "stunning and brave" for pulling out of the Olympics. I'd never tell someone that they should do something they don't want to do, and there are more important things than sporting achievement, but giving up at the first sign of adversity is literally the opposite of "stunning and brave". If a multi-millionaire world class athlete can't cope with the anxiety of potential failure then what hope does the rest of generation snowflake have? As Kipling said, "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same".
The phrase that used to be used, with perception,without censure and hit the nail on the head was 'bottled it'.

She is a piece of cowardly shit. Waste of space. People would die for her opportunity and then that scum twat Alex Scott on BBC last night chooses to wank herself stupid over the cowardly yank .
The world is fucked.
The next Olympics will comprise a bunch of obese c u n ts eating a fucking picnic for a gold fucking medal.

I've read a few pieces from professional gymnastic coaches that suggest that Biles has a problem with 'twists', (like the 'yips' in darts and golf) and that this has been seen for several months in her performances. As always the truth lies somewhere in the pile of lies. Just underlines that she should not have travelled.

Bit too harsh for me all this - kind of get her problem. Too much pressure from the slavvering media - glad that she's had the guts to say no.

Bit too harsh for me all this - kind of get her problem. Too much pressure from the slavvering media - glad that she's had the guts to say no.

Next stop Brewster has "issues".

Get paid. Do your job. I have without a single day sick in 8 years. Probably should take the piss but it isn't in me.

Would never have called this one.
Stokes just does not seem to be the type to be affected by such issues.He has lost his father this year and has massive expectation on his shoulders but it seems so out of character.

Harsh, difficult, question,particularly in these PC times, but-

Are we becoming more accepting of such happenings or are individuals copping out more?

Would never have called this one.
Stokes just does not seem to be the type to be affected by such issues.He has lost his father this year and has massive expectation on his shoulders but it seems so out of character.

Harsh, difficult, question,particularly in these PC times, but-

Are we becoming more accepting of such happenings or are individuals copping out more?

Yep.

Footballers will start soon.

WOW. A gold medal for riding a pushbike through the woods, and now a gold medal for riding a little pushbike over a few humps. It's what the Olympics are about.

We all need to know that the young invincible who may be forced to have the jabs
will suffer mental issues...................poor dears.

Echo that Biggles.

Proper SPORTING achievement in proper sports.

I started the thread saying these Olympics were uninspiring but, after night after night of sleep deprivation, self inflicted, there's been some great performances in the proper stuff.

We all need to know that the young invincible who may be forced to have the jabs
will suffer mental issues...................poor dears.
It's quite simple Chips, have the jab and go where you want.
Don't and suffer the limitations posed by those in charge- and, if that leaves the individual with 'issues' just look in the mirror when you want someone to blame.