The Official RIP Thread | Page 149 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Was chatting about this earlier, all down to sentencing now. Min 25 to life would send a message even though, sadly, the murder charge was always a punt given the information released and their behaviour and lack of remorse should certainly count there.

Not sure why it matters, but the fact I believe they were on the way back to the station as shift was effectively over (so presumably could've not responded to the call) makes it worse.

Not sure why we can't introduce another type of murder charge to cover this type of incident myself, but that's probably for another thread.

Was chatting about this earlier, all down to sentencing now. Min 25 to life would send a message even though, sadly, the murder charge was always a punt given the information released and their behaviour and lack of remorse should certainly count there.

Not sure why it matters, but the fact I believe they were on the way back to the station as shift was effectively over (so presumably could've not responded to the call) makes it worse.

Not sure why we can't introduce another type of murder charge to cover this type of incident myself, but that's probably for another thread.
Well we can now we have left the EU. Time for politicians to take control of our justice system and roll back the nonsense that we have had to endure from not having the last say on our justice system.

Yup, I think the police should go on strike totally for a week, the army refuse to cover for them, then we could all see what they do as a job.

Manslaughter, who decided this, I know we have a judicial system but WTF!
They murdered that Policeman in the most horrific way.

SENTENCING FOR MANSLAUGHTER The offence of manslaughter Manslaughter is a crime that can be broken down into two groups. These are described as:  voluntary manslaughter - where the offender intended to kill or cause really serious harm but is not guilty of murder due to provocation or mental incapacity (described as diminished responsibility); and  involuntary manslaughter - where the offender did not intend to kill or cause really serious harm but where death results from an unlawful act or from gross negligence. An offender is sentenced after he or she has either pleaded guilty to the offence or been found guilty following a trial. The judge may sentence immediately or may adjourn the case to obtain reports on the offender (for example medical reports). Sentencing for manslaughter The harm caused by any offence that results in a death is immeasurable. The sentence is not a measure of the value put on the life of the victim.

The maximum sentence a judge can impose for manslaughter is imprisonment for life.

The judge may impose other sentences, including a prison sentence to be served immediately, suspended imprisonment or a community sentence. If the offender is assessed as dangerous the judge may pass either a life sentence or an extended sentence of imprisonment to protect the public. If the offender pleads guilty the judge will reduce the sentence by up to one third depending on how early the plea was made. In the case of corporate manslaughter (where an organisation is convicted of causing the death) the penalty will be a fine. This fine is a punishment for the offence and does not represent the value of a human life in money.

Well we can now we have left the EU. Time for politicians to take control of our justice system and roll back the nonsense that we have had to endure from not having the last say on our justice system.

The E.U laws didn't have a say in this. Trouble is the E.U gets the blames for so much which has nothing to do them.
https://fullfact.org/europe/what-would-brexit-mean-criminal-justice/

Anyway this is a RIP thread so I won't continue this here. Brexit thread if anyone wants to continue it.

/_////////////////////////////////////////////

Grossly wrong the manslaughter charge

RIP Peter Green