The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 508 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things really matter to you don't they ?
I guess it’s an age thing mate, when Jack was injured and the camera would pan to him, he looked like he’d got dressed in the dark! So much nicer when players dressed well when representing the club, times have changed I guess. And the ‘dress like a twat’ is in vogue.

a load of rollocks ,get terry in, hes waiting in the wings, theres no sentiment in football, never was, whose to say an untried manager cant do the business, theres only one way to find out, mind you ,he might not even want it seanie

The 34 league games of 2021 have done it for me. It's a more than large enough sample
That’s true, but it’s a must win for us tomorrow, and I use ‘us’ to mean the whole club, I just want us to be playing nice attacking football and be in the top half, it’s irrelevant who’s in charge, that’s the minimum expected.

Last edited:
That’s true, but it’s a must win for us tomorrow, and I use ‘us’ to mean the whole club, I just want us to be playing nice attacking football and be in the top half, it’s irrelevant who’s in charge, that’s the minimum Imexpect.
I'd be happy with some ugly 1-0 wins a bit like the one we got here in Feb. Back to basics defend from the front keep a clean sheet and try and nick something.

Would like you to say that to Ged Steer who won us the play offs , to Tammy for his 20 goals , to Hourihane for his goals , to McGinn who was brilliant all that season., to Alan Hutton , Anwar for his display in the play off final and yes to Deano who was very good tactically in games. etc etc.

I do find it really bizarre that you want to somehow crab that season.

if he’s tactically so good, why are his stats so shite without jack grealish?

It's absolutely relevant and gives an insight into his mindset and persona. Embarrassing

The only embarrassing thing is this post. And you wonder why there are accusations of agendas when things like this are used to question Smith‘s ability to manage AVFC. Tactics, selections , purchases of players and so forth are fair game. But this?. Shambles.

I saw that and whilst my heart is still with him, my head thinks that when a manager gets to that evaluation and excuses outside of his control, it’s coming to an end.

It seems like everything that can go wrong does at the moment. Maybe Smith is just having some bad luck or maybe it's all falling apart. I'm shocked the wheels have fallen off so quickly since the last ten minutes at Wolves.

One thing about MON that was different to a lot of other managers we've had over the years is that he could always turn around a couple of bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.