The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 447 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to a few soundbites on the radio from OGS and Tuchel after last night's games and I'm so glad we have Deano as our manager- expectation tinged with realism from him at all times.

It gets to me when he talks injuries but other than that I love the fact he is down to earth and honest. Looks genuine and thats hard to come by these days with managers. Just got to look at the likes of OGS and think how lucky we are.

Deano nominated for September's Manager of the Month Award.....clearly a good month for narrowing the 'cracks' that were apparently opening up in August....!! Not even the merest hint of a hairline crack at present. Dean Smith continues to do us proud and make even his greatest critics fall silent again for a while....until we dare to lose again! Should be in with a shout of winning it this month...but Arteta will probably clinch it for the terrific 1-0 victories over Norwich and Burnley!

Deano nominated for September's Manager of the Month Award.....clearly a good month for narrowing the 'cracks' that were apparently opening up in August....!! Not even the merest hint of a hairline crack at present. Dean Smith continues to do us proud and make even his greatest critics fall silent again for a while....until we dare to lose again! Should be in with a shout of winning it this month...but Arteta will probably clinch it for the terrific 1-0 victories over Norwich and Burnley!

Just thought the same about Arteta. Arsenal seem to have an army of fans always voting for them on twatter. They've won loads of goal of the months over the years with bang average efforts

It gets to me when he talks injuries but other than that I love the fact he is down to earth and honest. Looks genuine and thats hard to come by these days with managers. Just got to look at the likes of OGS and think how lucky we are.
Thank God we stuck with Dean Smith. We advocates of Smith are not so supportive that we believe he is Mr. PERFECT but what an impressive few seasons. We are playing attractive football and the fitness levels are much improved.

Thank God we stuck with Dean Smith. We advocates of Smith are not so supportive that we believe he is Mr. PERFECT but what an impressive few seasons. We are playing attractive football and the fitness levels are much improved.
Yes fitness levels are much improved compared to last season despite the disruptions we had with the friendlies etc. Kind of reminds me of the MON years, come flying out the traps and then blowing out their arses after 60 minutes. This year we seem to last the full 90+

This is where we were 3 years ago today. 15th in the championship, below Bolton Wanderers. How anyone can doubt this manager is beyond me.

I wish I could find the twitter post I saw this morning, it was a list of the longest serving Aston Villa players currently in the squad. Here were the top 3,

Jed Steer 8 yrs
Anwar 4yrs
McGinn 3 yrs

After that you get into the likes of Mings, Konsa etc. who have only been here 2 to 2.5 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.