The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

Thought tonight might have been a good opportunity to bolster his confidence. Emery took him off again. Struggling at the moment . I think we might see the best of him next season.

Thought tonight might have been a good opportunity to bolster his confidence. Emery took him off again. Struggling at the moment . I think we might see the best of him next season.
I don't see it that way. He came off the bench have assisted the equalizer vs. Bournemouth and his cameo vs. Arsenal was very important. Prevented them throwing bodies forward willy-nilly.

Diaby still has some of the highest numbers in the team for chance creation.

I think two things have happened, Baileys form is keeping him out of the team and the football we are playing is different to last season and even pre-season. Tyrones injury has forced us to adapt. Diaby was brought in to help us in a specific way, its how Unai sold him the dream but I think we're evolving very quickly. Tielemens in the 10/SS role is helping to open up teams and helps us progress very quickly down the channels.

Our style of football over the last 12 months has been really fascinating to watch. The core is largely the same but switching up the personal opens up different possibilities.

That's my two cents.

He doesn't really elect to use his own pace as often though. He is very selfless and looks for the pass more than trying to run his opposing defender. I think he should be a bit more selfish at times.

It's a bit of bravery and courage that's needed not just laying the ball off and running away. He did have a couple of runs last night but ran straight into the defender . Just not working for him at the moment

He doesn't really elect to use his own pace as often though. He is very selfless and looks for the pass more than trying to run his opposing defender. I think he should be a bit more selfish at times.
It's a bit of bravery and courage that's needed not just laying the ball off and running away. He did have a couple of runs last night but ran straight into the defender . Just not working for him at the moment
I don't think he is that sort of player tho, him and Bailey are different. Bailey is someone who takes on his man but Diaby is a guy who gets in behind. Diaby wants quick one twos to set him free but Bailey makes his own space.

Diaby is still putting up numbers. He got the all-important assist at Bournemouth and in the Arsenal game set Ollie up for a chance that could have made it 2-0. If he didn't start off so brightly he wouldn't be getting this criticism.

Another disappointing show and subbed yet again .
After a promising first 4 games (goal at Newcastle & Burnley) it's now 1 goal and 1 assist in 10 Prem games.

I think he and Bailey must be up there with the most subbed on and off players in the Prem. Never seem to complete a game , due to them being erratic types
They just got in each other's way last night
Do they need to complete games tho? Part of our success has been down to using the squad we have and also changing players/tactics during games. Their stats are not too shabby either. Plenty got in each other’s way last night, happens when teams defend deep and start to get success from it for most of the game

Do they need to complete games tho? Part of our success has been down to using the squad we have and also changing players/tactics during games. Their stats are not too shabby either. Plenty got in each other’s way last night, happens when teams defend deep and start to get success from it for most of the game
I don't know but neither is consistent and first half Diaby didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be with Bailey on the pitch too. We ended up with 2 right wingers plus Cash and just Watkins in the middle marked by 3 monsters.
Yes I get that we have done well but last night was clueless and they both ended up coming off

I don't know but neither is consistent and first half Diaby didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be with Bailey on the pitch too. We ended up with 2 right wingers plus Cash and just Watkins in the middle marked by 3 monsters.
Yes I get that we have done well but last night was clueless and they both ended up coming off
Come on clueless? Diaby nearly scored, Bailey looked very dangerous with some lovely wing play and control and he scored with VAR ruling it out. I’d say the whole team got distracted with the goal being ruled out personally.

Come on clueless? Diaby nearly scored, Bailey looked very dangerous with some lovely wing play and control and he scored with VAR ruling it out. I’d say the whole team got distracted with the goal being ruled out personally.
I'm all for bigging us up mate but last night we were clueless as to how to break them down and Bailey and Diaby are both being subbed I think Unai agreed.
He could have subbed any of them last night, to be honest.
Been a great season but last night was poor , too much hype and no substance

I'm all for bigging us up mate but last night we were clueless as to how to break them down and Bailey and Diaby are both being subbed I think Unai agreed.
He could have subbed any of them last night, to be honest.
Been a great season but last night was poor , too much hype and no substance
There is no easy game in the premiership

Initially when we signed Diaby, I was astonished, I couldn't believe how well he started or that we had a player like him, but, for far too long now, he's been a passenger.

Really needs to take a long look at his performances & up his game.