The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

The problem is neither is Bailey and in the last 2 games neither is Watkins.
Diaby and Bailey are the same player, can't both be on the field at the same time
Bailey is morphing back into his old Form again . Bit of a shapeshifter. Was crap tonight , that one simple pass to put Watkins in and he rolls it to Johnny Fucking Evans , ahhhhhhh

Bailey is morphing back into his old Form again . Bit of a shapeshifter. Was crap tonight , that one simple pass to put Watkins in and he rolls it to Johnny Fucking Evans , ahhhhhhh
I don't think any of them had more than 15 mins in them tonight, difficult to single one out after that, they were all Knackered.

Another one that needs to show a lot more than he is, looked the business when he came, looks a bit lost now if i'm honest.

Another one that needs to show a lot more than he is, looked the business when he came, looks a bit lost now if i'm honest.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as our style has evolved after losing Mings he has lessened in importance. Pau coming into the team has seen us gain more and more control. We’re less reliant on needing space to run into and speed.

In congested games Diaby has struggled and Tielemens/Bailey have been better.

Bailey and Diaby are similar but they’re not the same. I think there is a misconception about Diaby and what he is. Bailey is an out and out wide player. Diaby players more in the inside spaces. It’s subtle but it makes a big difference. It’s why Leon doesn’t look great playing behind Ollie but Diaby does.

The problem is neither is Bailey and in the last 2 games neither is Watkins.
Diaby and Bailey are the same player, can't both be on the field at the same time

The problem is neither are Buendia 🙄

The bigger problem is Buendia is injured, although his stock appears to have risen as a result of not actually playing…

He's shown in his early days what he is capable of - so it's reasonable to suggest he can hit those heights again.

As up thread though - he seems to have stopped trying to go past defenders - which is baffling and a concern

He's shown in his early days what he is capable of - so it's reasonable to suggest he can hit those heights again.

As up thread though - he seems to have stopped trying to go past defenders - which is baffling and a concern

Of course he can.
There is a reason he is our record signing and he has already more than shown why we paid the money.

Interestingly JJ on his return doesn’t seem to want to go past players when having the opportunity. Ditto Cash - example being v Sheff Utd. I can only presume that in the case of all three it’s not because they have all decided not bother because that is ridiculous. It must be an Emery instruction to balance between going past when there is an opportunity but being pragmatic aswell when needed.

Tbh we haven’t looked right last 3 games and it goes beyond individual players and is a collective thing. The likes of Cash, Diaby and JJ is just a part of the overall reason we are not on it as we have been.

He appears to be a confidence player like Bailey. Bailey is full of it at the moment. Diaby is the opposite and it results in him taking the easy option and not taking on a player.

Unai will sort him.

Had a really good game yesterday. Always a threat. Gone above Buendia’s stats already last season in 18 less games. So we can see the upgrade in that area.

Ramsey and Ollie missed sitters aswell so they were all at it.

If he is this good already in just half a season , like others who have kicked on massively with time and under Unai (Bailey) just think how good he could be next season when he has properly settled.

Last edited: