The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

Love this player. 2nd week running he has been subject of praise and analysis on MOTD2. Top signing by Unai. 3 goals, 3 assists in 10 matches. Fitted straight in, no slow burner here. Up there with Duggie now as one of those first outfield names on the team sheet.

He's a real upgrade isn't he. We're more accustomed to upgrading from championship to lower end premier league player but he's a jump from good premier league player to champions league level player.

There's a few in that squad that are playing at their absolute max and I'm thinking what if we get the equivalent quality of Diaby in that position.

Glad he finally got a goal at Villa Park, seemed like a weight off his shoulders . Hopefully we will see the confidence coursing through his veins now . His pace is electric but i think there's a lot more to come from him.

Think him and the new and improved Bailey will cause a lot of defences nightmares this season. They seem to have a very good understanding, probably from playing together in Germany. Interesting that Bailey is starting to perform now he's here

Think him and the new and improved Bailey will cause a lot of defences nightmares this season. They seem to have a very good understanding, probably from playing together in Germany. Interesting that Bailey is starting to perform now he's here
Still cautious over Bailey but there is no denying his output, if you can get him in the box he can finish. Not sure what happened to him TBH. When Unai first came in Bailey looked like the lad we thought we had signed then he went off the boil for over 6 months.

As I've said recently he seems to have reinvented himself. There is something different about him and its not just the socks around the ankles. Cash has been similar too, seems to have taken a lot longer to figure out what Unai and the coaches have been demanding of him. Now he looks a different player too.

Don’t think any player can be on his game all the time against every different opposition - that player would be a Messi/Cruyff/Maradona hybrid, so dodges taxes, smokes 40 a day and has a drug habit 🤣🤣🤣

I don't think he's injured but he looks pretty poor recently after a great start to his Villa career. Might be a case of him taking time to settle.

I don't think he's injured but he looks pretty poor recently after a great start to his Villa career. Might be a case of him taking time to settle.

He was world class against Brighton. I think Estupinyan is still dizzy from trying to mark him.

Since then, he has gone off the boil completely.

He wasn't at the races today at all. I'd have him start the next match on the bench.

He was world class against Brighton. I think Estupinyan is still dizzy from trying to mark him.

He wasn't at the races today at all. I'd have him start the next match on the bench.
As we need to win by 2 goals Thursday I would start him and Bailey. Either side of Watkins in a 433. 2 reasons. Both only played 45 today. Slightly lesser quality of opposition.

Players aren’t robots and fall in and out of form. He’ll still be a big player this season and come good again. It’s just a confidence thing.

As we need to win by 2 goals Thursday I would start him and Bailey. Either side of Watkins in a 433. 2 reasons. Both only played 45 today. Slightly lesser quality of opposition.
I wouldn't start him Thursday , but looking at the fixture pile up he should play v legia . He's offering nothing at the moment though which is a worry

I wouldn't start him Thursday , but looking at the fixture pile up he should play v legia . He's offering nothing at the moment though which is a worry
There is a few of them that offered nothing for quite a time Silhill, but look at them now, he will be the same.